test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any new factions or races planned in STO future? Entice me to start a new character.

2»

Comments

• Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Honestly the dominion over all felt kinda clumsy. I honestly couldn't see why they where invited to the Alliance given the obvious trust issues at work
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    Honestly the dominion over all felt kinda clumsy. I honestly couldn't see why they where invited to the Alliance given the obvious trust issues at work

True, it was definitely a case of strange bedfellows. It does happen that some temporary arrangement to address a specific problem becomes something more permanent though, and the Hurq war forged bonds and finally fostered trust between the original allies and the Dominion.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Maybe but the problem is the Dominion didn't exactly eistablish themselves as trustworthy, they, after all, brought the alliance into a war by planting a beacon on Bajor, and we know they where keeping secrets from Odo etc (and even Odo proved that he can't always be trusted to be a straight shooter) I did NOT come out of that quest line thinking "these guys are allies we can trust"
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Maybe but the problem is the Dominion didn't exactly eistablish themselves as trustworthy, they, after all, brought the alliance into a war by planting a beacon on Bajor, and we know they where keeping secrets from Odo etc (and even Odo proved that he can't always be trusted to be a straight shooter) I did NOT come out of that quest line thinking "these guys are allies we can trust"

Yes, however female changeling is now kaput and she seemed like the most hateful of the bunch. Maybe the next in line might be more agreeable.

Granted none of the liquids are too pro-solid but there may be a tentative permanent alliance possible.
This discussion has been closed.