Install Arc

Look what I found in Spoils of war...

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
Glitch? foreshadowing?

lrgide6lp5iw.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,447 Community Moderator
    I spy Marshal Janeway on your away team. She has a chance to assimilate enemy NPCs if I recall correctly, so... no glitch or anything. Just a BOff working as intended. You got an assimilated Goon to help you.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    Ah.. didn't think about that this is the first time I used her.. thanks
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,447 Community Moderator
    Check Janeway's traits and I believe that is the answer. She's a pure Ground Trait BOff.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Unfortunately, the drones revive as *hostile* half the time. It's only for a few seconds before transitioning to allies, but that's all the time it takes for my kits or boffs to destroy them.

it's stange because assimilate kit works fine. hope they will fix this Janeway error
    Unfortunately, the drones revive as *hostile* half the time. It's only for a few seconds before transitioning to allies, but that's all the time it takes for my kits or boffs to destroy them.

That is odd behavior... I'll pass that along, and see if a bug report is needed. I'll let you know if you need to post a bug report here in a few.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    That's probably semi-related to the hostile boff glitch, wherein a player's boffs will show up for them while they're still loading into a map (most commonly seen on Nimbus 3) and will appear as an enemy...but you can't actually shoot them - it's just a visual thing, and they change to allied as soon as the owning player fully loads in.
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,324 Arc User
    That's probably semi-related to the hostile boff glitch, wherein a player's boffs will show up for them while they're still loading into a map (most commonly seen on Nimbus 3) and will appear as an enemy...but you can't actually shoot them - it's just a visual thing, and they change to allied as soon as the owning player fully loads in.

It's an ancient glitch too as I remember something similar happening in the Foundry while it still existed, where all NPC were hostile when spawned for a second and then turn to their correct alliance.
This discussion has been closed.