test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue Shift Reward realization

faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
I just realized, that Terran Knife that is the mission reward for Blue Shift? That's not a regular Melee weapon. It's a Ground Device. It goes in a Device slot and it over rides the default melee attack of whatever gun you have equipped. Giving you 2 shooting attacks and a fairly decent melee attack at the same time. without having to switch out any weapons.

BLOODY BRILLIANT!

Sadly the Ushantar Ice Knives are regular old Melee weapons that get dumped in the bank alongside all of the others. ut the knife? That's a keeper.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    you should combine it with Lecks throwing knives.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,447 Community Moderator
    Yea it caught me by surprise that the dagger was a device.

But IMO it does make sense because its a smaller weapon than any other melee we have. Also I think it might open the door to a certain Klingon Dagger.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    yes, it's nice ground device but...
    for some weapons that have basic palm hit as third attack it's good. for some weapons like Emperor's sword or Boolean assault cannon it's not very good, because third attack on those weapons are much better than knife stab. so imo will be better for knife to not override third attack and just have separate trey icon that you can replace yr weapon third attack or place wherever you like and use like other ground devices.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    for some weapons that have basic palm hit as third attack it's good. for some weapons like Emperor's sword or Boolean assault cannon it's not very good, because third attack on those weapons are much better than knife stab. so imo will be better for knife to not override third attack and just have separate trey icon that you can replace yr weapon third attack or place wherever you like and use like other ground devices.

Yeah. Reportedly the default melee attack from the new event Kumaarke Ground set is much better than the knife. So remember to unequip the knife if you are using that set.
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Yeah. Reportedly the default melee attack from the new event Kumaarke Ground set is much better than the knife. So remember to unequip the knife if you are using that set.

ty for info but i'm at two weeks from Kumaarke set and i like mycelial drones from Imperial set that i use now. so not sure if i swap to Kumaarke set.
This discussion has been closed.