test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 4/5/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited May 2022 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC Maintenance tomorrow, 4/5, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 4.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11516293
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 Kael mate launcher is saying estimated down time 2.5 hours. Here and twitter it indicates 4.5 hours. Which is correct ?
  • Options
    valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Shouldn't that be 5/4/22, or are you switching to EU date conventions now?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    We all know Kael refuses to proof-read anything before posting! Today is May the 5th or 5/5 for starters.

How long the servers will be down for... The post on the launcher is probably more correct than here and Twitter but they all could potentially be wrong.
  • Options
    quinnftw76#3498 quinnftw76 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Quote from the article on Phoenix Prize Pack Changes (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11515903)

"The original effectiveness of Phoenix Upgrades stemmed from a calculation that assumed a price point of 4,500 Dilithium per application – the “Base” price of a Phoenix Prize Pack. However, with the odds of receiving higher-tier Prize Tokens which could be downgraded into multiple lower-tier Tokens, as well as the option to purchase another Phoenix Prize Pack using low-tier tokens, the actual price per application works out to be significantly lower than 3,000. With this calculating out as a difference of more than 33%, it rendered these Tech Upgrades the most efficient Tech Upgrade in the game by a margin that was much larger than intended.

"The upcoming change will narrow this gap, but should not de-throne the Phoenix Tech Upgrade from its position as the best Tech Upgrade in the game. We want to maintain players’ motivation to engage with this Prize, while still lessening its influence as an economic powerhouse."

Hooray! Another GFY to the players from the friendly monitization experts at Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    The ONE Item, that was worth opening Phoenix Boxes for many Players, gets Nerfed, what a WONDERFULL, BRILLIANT Idea, and than trying to justify that move...NO, it is just a HORRIBLE idea, yet another Nerf that makes things worse for everyone, like its not allready hard enough to upgrade all your stuff, now its even getting Harder! THANKS! And yea those few "new Items" you added....some Holo Boffs and that Ugly T6 Ship....i feel so stupid having spend a 1000€ the last 2-3 Months on a Game that i for the most Part enjoy, but that you guys make worse with allmost every change you do! I really have to reconsider where i spend my money into, a Game where the Devs / Creators dont really care for their playerbase seems to be a bad idea, thats for sure.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    If you break down everything under UR to buy upgrades the nerf does not seem to be as bad as the raw tech point difference suggests because you get more upgrade tokens than the old system since the new VR tokens drop a little more often than the old Rare ones did. It still does not approach the dil efficiency of the old ones overall, but it is not as bad as it looks unless they secretly play with the odds after the event or some other unlikely nonsense.
  • Options
    dndiyg#7212 dndiyg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The California and More From Lower Decks! YouTube Has anyone else noticed that the NCC- California Is on the BAck of the ship instead of the front top of the Saucer?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    The California and More From Lower Decks! YouTube Has anyone else noticed that the NCC- California Is on the BAck of the ship instead of the front top of the Saucer?
    That would be due it being on the back of the ship in the show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4bomaqMTE
    8 seconds in gives a decent enough view, but the better shot comes near the end at around 56 seconds.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
This discussion has been closed.