Options

Changes to Tier 5 Reputation Dilithium

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    valethar wrote: »
    Honestly, the best solution in this case would have been to offer a choice, like some of the Recruit and other rewards do. Give players the choice between fleet vouchers or rep vouchers. That would 'solve' the issue of people farming the Dil for the exchange, and give players a useful way to use the Dil.

Many of the reps have absolutely worthless gear at this point, beyond some of the cosmetics. Fleet gear, on the other hand, still has a fair number of useful items. To me, the Fleddits are worth far more than the rep only Dil. There's not a lot I want out of the rep gear, but there are still quite a few things I need from the Fleet. There's also the added bonus of helping the Fleet/Armada level up their holdings faster.

It still would have drawn a fair amount of criticism (lets face it, nothing the Devs can do will be 'right', because gamers are gamers and love to flame when given the chance to do so) but I think it would have been a far more elegant solution than popping this on folks right before the change, with absolutely no chance to discuss it first.

Well it would sort of remove the intention of this fix. The issue with the T5 rep payouts isn't that new players where getting dill. Its that there was plenty of vet players abusing the payout by deleting toons and starting over when they where finish siphoning the T5 rewards off.

The fleet holdings are the games largest sink.... and this would just give people a new way to fill that sink without taking any real Dill out of the economy. And to be frank... when you confront people about just rolling and deleteing to buy zen half the time the retort is no no I was just filling fleet projects. :/

New players should actually be helped by this change. (although like pretty much everyone I agree they should find away to apply that reward dill to be usable with the rep stores and not just for rep items). The only people really hurt by this fix... are people that where not rolling "new" toons to play but where rolling their 100th or 200th toon with a 4 month lifespan. lol
  • Options
    gineaginea Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    ("I quit" moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by ginea on
  • Options
    gineaginea Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Post edited by ginea on
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    valethar wrote: »
    Honestly, the best solution in this case would have been to offer a choice, like some of the Recruit and other rewards do. Give players the choice between fleet vouchers or rep vouchers. That would 'solve' the issue of people farming the Dil for the exchange, and give players a useful way to use the Dil.

Many of the reps have absolutely worthless gear at this point, beyond some of the cosmetics. Fleet gear, on the other hand, still has a fair number of useful items. To me, the Fleddits are worth far more than the rep only Dil. There's not a lot I want out of the rep gear, but there are still quite a few things I need from the Fleet. There's also the added bonus of helping the Fleet/Armada level up their holdings faster.

It still would have drawn a fair amount of criticism (lets face it, nothing the Devs can do will be 'right', because gamers are gamers and love to flame when given the chance to do so) but I think it would have been a far more elegant solution than popping this on folks right before the change, with absolutely no chance to discuss it first.

FYI: fleet vouchers are only useable of fleet projects. They cannot be used to buy fleet gear. They would have to create a new kind of voucher for that, which isn't a bad idea, mind you, but the functionality doesn't exist.

The function of fleet vouchers is to provide a sinkhole. If they were to work on fleet gear, then it would actually benefit you. Can't have that, right, Cryptic?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    So your making reach tier 5 pointless then got it , atleast now i dont have to waste time tryin for it because now its not worth it.

Was the dill reward the only reason you where playing ? I imagine then the toon in question had a life span ? You where I guess going to delete it at 80-100 days old or so, to make room for new blood right ?

HELL no i just liked gettin the dil for reaching T5 but its not worth even messing with now and for your INFO all my toons are prob older then yours will ever be .
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    So your making reach tier 5 pointless then got it , atleast now i dont have to waste time tryin for it because now its not worth it.

Was the dill reward the only reason you where playing ? I imagine then the toon in question had a life span ? You where I guess going to delete it at 80-100 days old or so, to make room for new blood right ?

HELL no i just liked gettin the dil for reaching T5 but its not worth even messing with now and for your INFO all my toons are prob older then yours will ever be .

If they are as old as mine (12 years) then they should have got to T5 so long ago you don't care.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I just had a toon achieve T5 on all 13 Reps & though I miss the direct dilithium I don't really mind the dilithium voucher amount though I haven't used any of it yet. I'd like it lots better IF Cryptic would allow the voucher amount to be used in the dilithium Rep Stores but as others have said perhaps that's too player friendly for Cryptic.
  • Options
    xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    The GreaBox era begins.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    even though I'm one of the whales I'm really not grateful to see one of the few ways to save a few dollars being taken away like this, instead of creating interesting new ways to spend the DILL (VANITY SHIELD WAS A GOOD IDEA) (I'M GETTING TIRED OF TALKING TO KAEL ABOUT CREATING VISUAL EFFECTS LIKE ICE MIST OR FIRE FOR SHIPS, CAPTAINS, BRIDGE OFFICERS...) but nooooo you prefer to limit even more the way the dill is spent, I thought the sale of the company would attract smarter people to the team but looks like i was wrong, now you can't use the dil reward to buy stuff from dilithium stores or re-engineering weapons, consoles or for fleet, fleet store, consoles, exchange for zen, Your only way of getting dilithium now for those purposes.
    Trust me as a LoL player this is just the beginning of how they are going to start TRIBBLE people. I would not be surprised if they come out with premium Zen. So that the only way to get ships and "premium" equipment will be with premium zen. So all the lifers getting that 500 zen stipend will end up with zen that only works for garbage fluff.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    xsi1e wrote: »
    even though I'm one of the whales I'm really not grateful to see one of the few ways to save a few dollars being taken away like this, instead of creating interesting new ways to spend the DILL (VANITY SHIELD WAS A GOOD IDEA) (I'M GETTING TIRED OF TALKING TO KAEL ABOUT CREATING VISUAL EFFECTS LIKE ICE MIST OR FIRE FOR SHIPS, CAPTAINS, BRIDGE OFFICERS...) but nooooo you prefer to limit even more the way the dill is spent, I thought the sale of the company would attract smarter people to the team but looks like i was wrong, now you can't use the dil reward to buy stuff from dilithium stores or re-engineering weapons, consoles or for fleet, fleet store, consoles, exchange for zen, Your only way of getting dilithium now for those purposes.
    Trust me as a LoL player this is just the beginning of how they are going to start TRIBBLE people. I would not be surprised if they come out with premium Zen. So that the only way to get ships and "premium" equipment will be with premium zen. So all the lifers getting that 500 zen stipend will end up with zen that only works for garbage fluff.

To be fair isn't that where we already are.... Leg packs even the most recent one with one single ship sell for 4500 zen as a 50% sale price. I mean to use only your stipend you would have to save it for 9 months... 18 months if you buy it with zero sale on. Never mind the cost of the larger Leg packs. The big packs would take years of stipend to pay for without buying more zen from cryptic.

I still don't really see how anyone is being tribbled... T5 rewards where never intended to be a way to get discounts on Zen. The intention was always to let you spend some dill. The thing is Cryptic painted themselves into a corner... with the first few reputations giving away 30 or 40 thousand dill wasn't a big deal. It only became a problem when the number of reps exploded. Once they got to 12 it started to make too much sense for people to farm toons rather then dill.
  • Options
    raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Another "non-solution" to a problem you created when implementing all the Pay-to-win mechanics that allow people to bypass the usage of their dilithium.

This will only affect new players that by definition don't have a lot of dilithium, to begin with, and most of the reputation gear is not that useful. Many reputations you will level up for the traits.
    How many times you will make something completely useless to fix the dilEx problem, like removing reroll/pass tokens from endeavor/admiralty boxes, and months later, after damaging the little confidence players have in the dev team you will say "oops" and maybe acknowledge that you made the wrong decision when from the get-go everybody with some experience in PLAYING the game for a decade, in some cases, is pointing how bad those changes will be and how they will not fix anything?

To fix the dilithium problem you have to make it worth spending in-game again and this goes directly against your business model.

Stop "fixing" stuff that you broke and we know you are not willing to really fix.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Another "non-solution" to a problem you created when implementing all the Pay-to-win mechanics that allow people to bypass the usage of their dilithium.

This will only affect new players that by definition don't have a lot of dilithium, to begin with, and most of the reputation gear is not that useful. Many reputations you will level up for the traits.
    How many times you will make something completely useless to fix the dilEx problem, like removing reroll/pass tokens from endeavor/admiralty boxes, and months later, after damaging the little confidence players have in the dev team you will say "oops" and maybe acknowledge that you made the wrong decision when from the get-go everybody with some experience in PLAYING the game for a decade, in some cases, is pointing how bad those changes will be and how they will not fix anything?

To fix the dilithium problem you have to make it worth spending in-game again and this goes directly against your business model.

Stop "fixing" stuff that you broke and we know you are not willing to really fix.
    Thanks.

And then schedule a Bonus Dilithium weekend this weekend as well, because... solving the true problem of no one wants to keep grinding the same old boring rerun every few of months.
  • Options
    xsi1e wrote: »

To be fair isn't that where we already are.... Leg packs even the most recent one with one single ship sell for 4500 zen as a 50% sale price. I mean to use only your stipend you would have to save it for 9 months... 18 months if you buy it with zero sale on. Never mind the cost of the larger Leg packs. The big packs would take years of stipend to pay for without buying more zen from cryptic.

I still don't really see how anyone is being tribbled... T5 rewards where never intended to be a way to get discounts on Zen. The intention was always to let you spend some dill. The thing is Cryptic painted themselves into a corner... with the first few reputations giving away 30 or 40 thousand dill wasn't a big deal. It only became a problem when the number of reps exploded. Once they got to 12 it started to make too much sense for people to farm toons rather then dill.

I personally do save up stipends to buy a ship now and again. You do not have to buy leg packs to buy one ship and sometimes a single ship can be on sale for 1k to 1.5k zen. Regardless the option to save up your zen and buy a ship is currently there. I don't know about you but I prefer it that way as opposed to not at all. Also can supplement your stipend buy selling dil on the exchange and then those leg pack you are referring to are not so far off. So yeah, if they went to a premium zen model it would be TRIBBLE you over.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    And with that, since this is /closed
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.