test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Istapp does not spawn

horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
I've been into Kelvani Belt 100 times today. Breen Capitol Ship Istapp just doesn't spawn anymore.
Go Team Venture!
Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    warpcorebreachwarpcorebreach Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Do any of the Breen capital ships spawn? I haven't found one since the sector revamp, and I've played the Deferi missions quite a few times.
  • Options
    trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Are you waiting for the instance to despawn before entering again? If you just enter the same instance over and over you won't find any ship if it isn't there the first time.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • Options
    I am waiting for despawn. This is definitely a bug.
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bad game design maybe but not really a bug. The ship either spawns with the creation of the instance or it does not. As long as the instance is alive, this will not change. If you don't want to wait for the 5 minute despawn timer you can force a new instance by teaming up with someone before entering the system, then break the team when you're inside and go look for the ship. Repeat until you find it.
    ---
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it doesn't take 5 minutes for an instance to despawn...i once went in and out of deferi patrols with far less than 5 minute's downtime between exiting and re-entering a good 20-30 times trying to find the capital ship that spawns there, and i did eventually get it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I clocked it by dropping mines and other objects in the mission and returning after set times to see if they were still there. It was a long time ago so the despawn time might have changed since then. Perhaps you would like to inform the community of the new time and how you reached that conclusion?
    ---
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i already said how i reached that conclusion...by repeatedly going in and out until the ship spawned for me, so since it did, i most certainly wasn't reloading the same instance over and over again

and since i was alone when i did it, new instances weren't being generated through forming and breaking teams​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Nonetheless, it seems the Breen capitol ships are broken, at this time.
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    It's very random. Sometimes I can get a capitol ship in both the kelvani belt and the outpost assist in the same day and sometimes I don't see them for a week.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    halfmadbuccaneer#2681 halfmadbuccaneer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    I just got the Istapp on a Sunday morning, 4/3/22 at 2:44 am Eastern time. Hope this helps