test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing "Unstable Anomalies" ship trait from my T6-X Paradox Temporal Dreadnought

cosminciuc#5570 cosminciuc Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Last year I have created a Temporal Agent character and with this character I have upgraded a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought to level 5 Starship Mastery. I have also upgraded my ship to T6-X. Unfortunately, although my ship is fully upgraded and my character level is 65+ the special ship trait named "Unstable Anomalies" has not been unlocked for my ship.

It is true that when I have reached level V in starship mastery my character was not yet at level 65+, but it has been level 65+ for two months now and the starship trait is still unlocked.

I can provide screenshots with the ship status. I see that I'm not allowed to add attachments to discussions in this category so I have uploaded the screenshots to OneDrive and I'm adding here links to them.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7giJPNKKdWkKhdf2g?e=W3rLYc
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7ghHXjD9JoTKRdOMg?e=hMZJ9R
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7ggn0MQqRM5MiK0nw?e=f4I2Da

I am not sure if the following information is related to this problem or not, but you should know that for this character, although it is level 65+, none of the Active Ground Reputation slots can be used. You can see in this recording "https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7gjCagSffIcOjUcJQ?e=riCj4m" I have uploaded to OneDrive that I cannot specify any Active Ground Reputation.

You should know that I have Tier VI for the following reputations: ICONIAN RESISTANCE, TEMPORAL DEFENSE INITIATIVE and DISCOVERY LEGENDS.
Post edited by cosminciuc#5570 on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Last year I have created a Temporal Agent character and with this character I have upgraded a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought to level 5 Starship Mastery. I have also upgraded my ship to T6-X. Unfortunately, although my ship is fully upgraded and my character level is 65+ the special ship trait named "Unstable Anomalies" has not been unlocked for my ship.

If you'll check the edits I have highlighted in your screenshots, "Unstable Anomalies" is already slotted in the first of your 4 Starship Trait slots.
    You appear to have only 3 Starship Traits in total, which are all already slotted, and this is why the 4 slot is empty and there's nothing to equip in the "U.S.S. Aurelia Traits" slot.
    The 4 Starship Traits allow you to slot any four traits of your choice, which are then active in whichever ship you choose to fly.
    The 5th "Locked" slot can be purchased at the Fleet Research Lab.
    Underneath those, the "U.S.S. Aurelia Traits" slot allows you to slot yet another Starship Trait that will be active only when flying the "U.S.S. Aurelia" itself.
    Of course, you can re-assign your Starship Traits at any time you like in public areas only, not in TFO's, missions or patrols.
    djared7os6dv.jpg
    ...none of the Active Ground Reputation slots can be used. ... I cannot specify any Active Ground Reputation.

You should know that I have Tier VI for the following reputations: ICONIAN RESISTANCE, TEMPORAL DEFENSE INITIATIVE and DISCOVERY LEGENDS.
    The three Reputations you have listed do not have any Active Ground Traits that can be slotted.
    Tier 5 in any Reputation will unlock an Active Trait either for Space or Ground, and the Iconian Resistance, Temporal Defense Initiative and Discovery Legends Reputations all have Active Space Traits.
    If you want to equip Active Ground Traits, you'll need to unlock them at Tier 5 of a Reputation that has one, such as the Omega or Gamma rep.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    If you'll check the edits I have highlighted in your screenshots, "Unstable Anomalies" is already slotted in the first of your 4 Starship Trait slots.
    You appear to have only 3 Starship Traits in total, which are all already slotted, and this is why the 4 slot is empty and there's nothing to equip in the "U.S.S. Aurelia Traits" slot.
    The 4 Starship Traits allow you to slot any four traits of your choice, which are then active in whichever ship you choose to fly.
    The 5th "Locked" slot can be purchased at the Fleet Research Lab.
    Underneath those, the "U.S.S. Aurelia Traits" slot allows you to slot yet another Starship Trait that will be active only when flying the "U.S.S. Aurelia" itself.

Thank you inferiority for taking the time to answer me. Unfortunately I have to disagree with you. The starship trait that you have highlighted for me is not Unstable Anomalies but it is "Exotic Modulation" (please see this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7gnDc3fe6cunerYHA).
    I am inserting below screenshots for all three starship traits that I have access to:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7glKVIfDw66tFl1bg
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7gkj7ng0Zk0Pr3gcQ
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7gmZ2AiiyIDsINu_w

As for U.S.S. Aurelia Trait, that slot has never been active for me. I have tried numerous times while the ship was idle in space to put anything there and that button simply does not work.
    The three Reputations you have listed do not have any Active Ground Traits that can be slotted.
    Tier 5 in any Reputation will unlock an Active Trait either for Space or Ground, and the Iconian Resistance, Temporal Defense Initiative and Discovery Legends Reputations all have Active Space Traits.
    If you want to equip Active Ground Traits, you'll need to unlock them at Tier 5 of a Reputation that has one, such as the Omega or Gamma rep.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I was not aware that I have unlocked so far only reputations that have Space Traits only.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Thank you inferiority for taking the time to answer me. Unfortunately I have to disagree with you. The starship trait that you have highlighted for me is not Unstable Anomalies but it is "Exotic Modulation" (please see this: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvygL_xdAwRh7gnDc3fe6cunerYHA).
    My apologies, I failed to spot the wee error here...

Your "U.S.S. Aurelia" is a Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser, not a Paradox Dreadnought.

The Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser comes with the Starship Trait "Exotic Modulation" and is slotted in the first slot of your Starship Traits. (Look at the Icons!)
    f5u4i4ck9bak.jpg

As for U.S.S. Aurelia Trait, that slot has never been active for me.
    You only have THREE starship traits and they are all currently slotted in your main Starship Traits slots. There's none left to slot in the "U.S.S. Aurelia" slot, which is why that slot is currently not working.

If you can acquire 2 more Starship Traits, you'll find you can slot a 4th one in the empty Trait slot, and the 5th one can then be slotted via the "U.S.S. Aurelia" slot.
    You'll find that some starship traits don't actually require purchasing T6 starships to obtain:
    • Specializations at 15 points award a starship trait, which is then enhanced at the full 30 points.
      (I particularly enjoy the "Command Frequency" trait from the Command Spec Tree.)
    • You can buy some starship trait packages from lockboxes on the Exchange, but the prices on these can sometimes be quite high due to supply/demand.
    • "The Best Defense" is a mission reward from "House Pegh"
    • Klingon/Temporal/Delta/Gamma Recruitment events all have starship traits that can be unlocked through their corresponding Inventory item, that can also be reclaimed on other characters via the Temporal Agent on Earth Spacedosk , Qo'noS or the Romulan Flotilla.
    • "Theta Radiation Infused Evasive Maneuvers" can be purchased from the Phoenix Prize Pack for a Blue Rare token.
      (The Phoenix Packs also contain T6 starships that have traits but you'll need to have a Gold Epic token, but these are incredibly rare!)

Of course, the current 12th Anniversary Event on Consoles offers a chance to get the T6 Jarok Alliance Carrier and also has a freely available T6 Ship Coupon in the Z-Store under the "Promotions" tab. (There's 2 more starship traits right there!)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options

Your "U.S.S. Aurelia" is a Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser, not a Paradox Dreadnought.

The Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser comes with the Starship Trait "Exotic Modulation" and is slotted in the first slot of your Starship Traits. (Look at the Icons!)
    f5u4i4ck9bak.jpg

You only have THREE starship traits and they are all currently slotted in your main Starship Traits slots. There's none left to slot in the "U.S.S. Aurelia" slot, which is why that slot is currently not working.

If you can acquire 2 more Starship Traits, you'll find you can slot a 4th one in the empty Trait slot, and the 5th one can then be slotted via the "U.S.S. Aurelia" slot.
    You'll find that some starship traits don't actually require purchasing T6 starships to obtain:
    • Specializations at 15 points award a starship trait, which is then enhanced at the full 30 points.
      (I particularly enjoy the "Command Frequency" trait from the Command Spec Tree.)
    • You can buy some starship trait packages from lockboxes on the Exchange, but the prices on these can sometimes be quite high due to supply/demand.
    • Klingon/Temporal/Delta/Gamma Recruitment events all have starship traits that can be unlocked through their corresponding Inventory item, that can also be reclaimed on other characters via the Temporal Agent on Earth Spacedosk , Qo'noS or the Romulan Flotilla.
    • "Theta Radiation Infused Evasive Maneuvers" can be purchased from the Phoenix Prize Pack for a Blue Rare token.
      (The Phoenix Packs also contain T6 starships that have traits but you'll need to have a Gold Epic token, but these are incredibly rare!)

Of course, the current 12th Anniversary Event on Consoles offers a chance to get the T6 Jarok Alliance Carrier and also has a freely available T6 Ship Coupon in the Z-Store under the "Promotions" tab. (There's 2 more starship traits right there!)

Thank you Inferiority. That makes sense now. I guess I'm getting older and I simply forgot what ship I bought from the Exchange. I was under the wrong impression that I bought a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought. Thank you again for all the clarifications.

All the best to you,
    Cosmin Petrenciuc

• Options

f5u4i4ck9bak.jpg

As for U.S.S. Aurelia Trait, that slot has never been active for me.

Thank you again Inferiority. Now it makes sense. I guess I'm getting older and I forgot what ship I bought last year from the Exchange. I was under the wrong impression that I bought a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought.

All the best to you,
    Cosmin Petrenciuc
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Thank you again Inferiority. Now it makes sense. I guess I'm getting older and I forgot what ship I bought last year from the Exchange. I was under the wrong impression that I bought a Paradox Temporal Dreadnought.
    Glad yo hear you're getting this sorted out in your head now.
    However, the Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser didn't come from the Exchange as it's a Z-store ship.
    (The Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser is a fantastic ship to fly... :smiley: A couple of my Engineer characters fly it!)