test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

REcruitment Event: Romulan Fed Reinforcements still bugged?

Recruitment missions still gives a runaround with not actually providing a means to claim the 'reward'. I have the REinforcements mission which directs me to speak to Commander Rojal. Where is Commander Rojal? Reading reh mission, it directs me to speak to Jarol at Starfleet Academy. Comander Jarol however will not speak with me. This is apparently an ongoing issue since the Recruitment event and Romulan Characters existed. Will it ever be fixed?

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,312 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Rojal was a Romulan point of contact for the Dusty Officer Recruitment mission which was a valid way to get & complete the mission the very first time the event was run.
    However, although it is still possible to pick up the mission, Rojal has never returned to New Romulus to be able to turn i the mission.

To get the one-of-a-kind Duty Officer, you'll need to drop the current version of the mission and take the one from Starfleet or Klingon Academy instead.

You should go speak with Lt. Ferra or Ambassador S'stas and then complete at Captain Jarol (Fed) or Captain Laroj (KDF).

(We get this 'bug report' every time this event runs - I really wish they'd turn off the Romulan that gives the mission!)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • justincase#6638 justincase Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback. I will give that a try.

unfortunately, the romulan that gives the mission is the same one that provides doffs on New Romulus.

Which also causes issues when the doff specialization is ranked up and sometimes you see the Rom DOFF store and others see UFP DOFF store...

Pain in the caboose.
    @inferiority Well, I tried dropping the ‘mission’ and went to Ferra. Nothing. Capain whatshusname still won’t talk either. So i guess i’m just SOL.
    Which also causes issues when the doff specialization is ranked up and sometimes you see the Rom DOFF store and others see UFP DOFF store...
    Same doffs in the stores, so doesn't matter which one you pick from.
    @inferiority Well, I tried dropping the ‘mission’ and went to Ferra. Nothing. Capain whatshusname still won’t talk either. So i guess i’m just SOL.
    Check your "Available" tab in the Mission Journal. If Ferra isn't offering the mission there, you likely already completed it. To check, look up your Doff Roster for the Exocomp Maintenance Engineer.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    edited March 2022
    Check your "Available" tab in the Mission Journal. If Ferra isn't offering the mission there, you likely already completed it. To check, look up your Doff Roster for the Exocomp Maintenance Engineer.

...and there it is.

So, still bugged, but at least I can drop the mission (again) like the squirming pile of grubs that it is. Rom Captains can still initiate the 'Reinforcements' mission even after already completing it. It still directs the player to speak to an NPC that doesn't exist (and even shows a highlight on the map where the NPC is supposed to be... nice). And so on.

Thanks for the assistance.

EDIT: as I was dropping the mission (again), I noticed that the engineer it was offering was a reman, so it seems that it was mixining the factions up for me. Yay? In any case. Dropped.
  • lordhayze1822lordhayze1822 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Rojal was a Romulan point of contact for the Dusty Officer Recruitment mission which was a valid way to get & complete the mission the very first time the event was run.
    However, although it is still possible to pick up the mission, Rojal has never returned to New Romulus to be able to turn i the mission.

To get the one-of-a-kind Duty Officer, you'll need to drop the current version of the mission and take the one from Starfleet or Klingon Academy instead.

You should go speak with Lt. Ferra or Ambassador S'stas and then complete at Captain Jarol (Fed) or Captain Laroj (KDF).

(We get this 'bug report' every time this event runs - I really wish they'd turn off the Romulan that gives the mission!)

What about if you can't even get to StarFleet academy? Level 39 Romulan commander and I'm sitting on top of earth or Sol and it's not prompting me to go to StarFleet academy. I actually had 2 missions in place, and just got one completed on Kronos but the other one tells me to go to Earth and i can't get there as I really want T-ress
    edited March 2022
    What about if you can't even get to StarFleet academy? Level 39 Romulan commander and I'm sitting on top of earth or Sol and it's not prompting me to go to StarFleet academy. I actually had 2 missions in place, and just got one completed on Kronos but the other one tells me to go to Earth and i can't get there as I really want T-ress
    KDF-aligned Romulans cannot enter Earth orbit or Starfleet Academy, similar to how Federation characters cannot enter Qo'noS orbit or Klingon Academy.
    You can only complete one version of the mission. You've clearly picked up the KDF version of the mission, and completed it.
    The Romulan version is bugged and cannot be completed - you just need to Drop it. (I really wish the devs would 'disable' it completely.)
    The Rewarded Duty Officer may have a different name and appearance, but they all do the same thing - and you can only get one of them.
  • lordhayze1822lordhayze1822 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    KDF-aligned Romulans cannot enter Earth orbit or Starfleet Academy, similar to how Federation characters cannot enter Qo'noS orbit or Klingon Academy.
    You can only complete one version of the mission. You've clearly picked up the KDF version of the mission, and completed it.
    The Romulan version is bugged and cannot be completed - you just need to Drop it. (I really wish the devs would 'disable' it completely.)

I did have both, from a prior time the event was live, I can't say which apparently I was able to get both missions but didn't know how to complete them back then, but when I saw what to do for this event I decided to check all of my characters and saw both on her.

Thanks.
  • raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    The worst part of this is how since 2014 they don't disable the ROM version of the mission to not confuse new players. 2014 and they did nothing to fix it. Let it sink in.