test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Parasitic Ice and Borg Cubes

protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
edited March 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
XI4lFgV.jpg

I recently did a Hive Onslaught Advanced (pictured) and had to chase a Borg cube some 25-30 Kilometres from the other players as it rapidly made it's way downwards away from the field of battle. It was highly irregular and interrupted the flow of the TFO.

Then tonight when playing Infected Space and focusing on finishing the gateway the cube seemed to disappear. At first I thought it was the rendering issue associated with too many mines and pets. But it had also moved a significant distance downwards... so much so that it seemed hard to find for others on my team. Some of them appeared to be confused and were just flying around above me.

After somebody commented in team chat that they weren't going to use that console again versus the borg I asked if it was Parasitic Ice. They confirmed that it was and that's when the previous Hive Onslaught run came to mind.

The lockbox associated with the console came out almost a year ago according to the STO wiki.

Has anybody else experienced this? Does it have the same effect on other enemies? Is this console working as intended?
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,183 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    XI4lFgV.jpg

I recently did a Hive Onslaught Advanced (pictured) and had to chase a Borg cube some 25-30 Kilometres from the other players as it rapidly made it's way downwards away from the field of battle. It was highly irregular and interrupted the flow of the TFO.

Then tonight when playing Infected Space and focusing on finishing the gateway the cube seemed to disappear. At first I thought it was the rendering issue associated with too many mines and pets. But it had also moved a significant distance downwards... so much so that it seemed hard to find for others on my team. Some of them appeared to be confused and were just flying around above me.

After somebody commented in team chat that they weren't going to use that console again versus the borg I asked if it was Parasitic Ice. They confirmed that it was and that's when the previous Hive Onslaught run came to mind.

The lockbox associated with the console came out almost a year ago according to the STO wiki.

Has anybody else experienced this? Does it have the same effect on other enemies? Is this console working as intended?

It has been broke like that since it came out. Should this have been fixed? Yes. As many other issues in this game fixing rarely gets prioritized and most of the time only when potential money could be lost.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yeah saw this first time yesterday ever in my life last Tact Cube in ISA constantly randomly teleporting downwards. I couldn't stop laughing since it first time seeing it. But I didn't even know it was perticluar console that was doing this. I thought my game sync to server was messing up. Good to know least
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I haven't seen this with Parasitic Ice, but I have seen similar behavior in the past where cubes and tac cubes would be bumped down by anomalies. I think it was a "collision" issue. And it was always DOWN. Never sideways or up. Always down.

Gonna move this to PC Bug Reports and leave a redirect.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    so that's why it dropped in ISA.. sorry gang.. that might have been me
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I've seen this happen when several player ships warp in at nearly the same time. I even saw two fight to see who could push who to the top of the skybox.
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Yes I use parasitic ice and in the past red alert when entering combat, I go for the two cubes on the upper right of the screen , anytime i use parasitic ice they would then start dropping down from their position in a vertical motion, where another player would intercept them or I had to hit evasive maneuvers and spiral down after it.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • splattysplatty Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    This has been around as mentioned since the introduction of the console, and its not just Borg cubes but other things that should be immune to being moved, eg, I've seen it happen on the undine planet killers in the battlezone and had to chase them down to the bottom of the map.
  • raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    XI4lFgV.jpg

https://youtu.be/sofeHxbg5-I