test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No 2022 campaign progress

nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
Consider waiting before you play the new campaign today on PC.

I just played, got daily EVENT credit but zero CAMPAIGN credit.
Essentially, some glitch just cost me a day of progress.

I played a second time to be sure.

My first (failed) attempt was Infected (space) Advanced.

Wait for a patch, since it's not clear what the problem is, or what counts vs doesn't count.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yup, same here, every time its the same, first days, no reward..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Yup, same here, every time its the same, first days, no reward..

Wow - they really need to upgrade/update their QA process/procedures <--- It's amateur hour of late it seems (Or the Cryptic QA team is signing off stuff WITHOUT actually testing in a truly proper Live environment set up. How can you release a 'major campaign' but somehow NOT properly test the 'progress award' mechanic.

Seriously - there's NO EXCUSE for this other than someone in the chain is incompetent or not doing their job properly.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Guessing the 'green light' for the server appeared early.

The event probably won't actually start until the specific time the server would've come back on if the patch had run it's full course. I.e. if the downtime was 14:00 - 16:30 but the server came back up at 16:15, I wouldn't expect the event to be active until 16:30.

[Status: Live]
    source: the campaign page.

Fair enough - apologies then, I stand corrected.

Yeah, i get it, sometimes events does not start registering progress until an specific timegate is encountered, but i think that is not it, this time. Just a pesky problem that happens most of the time with the event campaings.. last year happened on 3 of the 4 ones.. or 5?, dont remember very well
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I had the same problem and same on my moms account
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I have the same thing happen to me. I have 1/14 credit for the Borg Resurgence and 0/3500 for the event. It just wouldn't feel right if there wasn't some sort of error in an event. :smile:
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Last time the problem was that the reward had to be chosen very quickly (as in something like fifteen to thirty seconds or less of the end banner) or the event progress would time out for some mysterious reason the devs apparently never found.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I did the buyout with the old FTFO Commendations and got the full rewards, including the 700 event progress.

I ran the event on another alt and got the bonus dil (8K).

However, I did NOT get the 50 progress that you normally get after a buyout.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Redacted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I did the event and lost campaign credit? how can i get todays campaign credit?
    Doing stuff and not getting the appropriate credit doesnt work for me.
    Last time this happened was years ago and i lost the ability to get the event completed cause you guys didnt give me credit i deserved?

Relax, there are 35 extra days over the campaign. Or possibly 34 now if this doesn't get fixed today.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Redacted
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Last time this happened was years ago and i lost the ability to get the event completed cause you guys didnt give me credit i deserved?

Relax, there are 35 extra days over the campaign. Or possibly 34 now if this doesn't get fixed today.

20, actually. It's a 21-day event. And there's *lots* of extra event completions built into the schedule, too, so it's not *that* critical. But still, it's sloppy for this problem to keep cropping up. And it's not like this is the only bug with campaign progress awards. There's at least one more lurking in the code that can block players from getting campaign progress.

The issue is with credit for the PC 5-event campaign for 2022, so 7 x 5 bonus days. It just started today.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11509563-the-borg-resurgence!
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    lame
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited February 2022

20, actually. It's a 21-day event. And there's *lots* of extra event completions built into the schedule, too, so it's not *that* critical. But still, it's sloppy for this problem to keep cropping up. And it's not like this is the only bug with campaign progress awards. There's at least one more lurking in the code that can block players from getting campaign progress.

The issue is with credit for the PC 5-event campaign for 2022, so 7 x 5 bonus days. It just started today.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11509563-the-borg-resurgence!

I'm aware. I don't think *anyone* has gotten campaign progress today. But there are not, as you stated, 35 extra days to get campaign progress. It's a 21-day event, and one day is already blown. There are *LOTS* (84, to be exact) more days to get campaign progress in other events, but not this one. So, like I said, there's plenty of extra completions built into the campaign's schedule, but having this problem popping again and again is extremely sloppy on Cryptic's part.

I said 35 extra days over ** the campaign ** not this one event in the campaign. You said 84 extra days.

Edit: 105 days is the total number of days for all 5 events. 105 - 70 = 35 spare days. If this bug is fixed tomorrow we lose one spare day = 34 spare days.

So again: relax, there is over 1 month of extra days over the entire campaign to earn the campaign reward. Missing 1 day's progress is annoying (and shows another QA failure by Cryptic) but it's nothing to get too stressed about.
    Post edited by davefenestrator on
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I'm aware. I don't think *anyone* has gotten campaign progress today. But there are not, as you stated, 35 extra days to get campaign progress. It's a 21-day event, and one day is already blown. There are *LOTS* (84, to be exact) more days to get campaign progress in other events, but not this one. So, like I said, there's plenty of extra completions built into the campaign's schedule, but having this problem popping again and again is extremely sloppy on Cryptic's part.

We both fail at math :)

I said 35 extra days over ** the campaign ** not this one event in the campaign. You said 84 extra days.

5 x 21 days = 125 days. 3500 / 50 = 70 days needed. 125 - 70 = 55 extra days ** over the campaign ** to get the campaign reward.

I was only counting the remaining events. Not this one. 21*4 = 84. 104 would include what remains of this event, but there's no way of knowing when the current award bug will get ironed out. And your math still doesn't check out. I don't know where you got your 35 days from.

My first number just added together the per-event spare days. 7 days per event x 5 events. Edit: that's actually correct, and I then messed up in my second post. I need more coffee.

105 days is the total number of days for all 5 events. 105 - 70 = 35 spare days. If this bug is fixed tomorrow we lose one spare day = 34 spare days.

Cryptic has had this "no progress" bug before but it has never lasted for a full 21-day event. There will be a hotfix soon.

• Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Didn’t we have the same problem last year too?
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User

It's not about finishing the current event.

But, it's comforting to know that you can see into all of our collective futures to know with absolute certainty that each and every one of us will be able to participate in all of the individual events and complete it for the grand prize.

With the buyout (700) plus doing the event each day (22 days), it's possible to get the grand prize very early without needing to worry about making sure that you can logon 10 months from now to complete the campaign event.

After having life and technology interfere with playing for large stretches of time in the past, having the buffer provides a nice buffer for an unknown future.
  • Options

It's not about finishing the current event.

But, it's comforting to know that you can see into all of our collective futures to know with absolute certainty that each and every one of us will be able to participate in all of the individual events and complete it for the grand prize.

With the buyout (700) plus doing the event each day (22 days), it's possible to get the grand prize very early without needing to worry about making sure that you can logon 10 months from now to complete the campaign event.

After having life and technology interfere with playing for large stretches of time in the past, having the buffer provides a nice buffer for an unknown future.

"Campaign" = all 5 events. "Event" = 1 event, like the one in progress now.

> It's not about finishing the current event.

Yes, I've been talking about the "campaign" all along. 35 spare days for the campaign, or probably only 34 now.

> But, it's comforting to know that you can see into all of our collective futures to know with absolute certainty that each and every one of us will be able to participate in all of the individual events and complete it for the grand prize.

Huh? All I've said is to relax about missing a day or two because we start with 35 extra days.

Without any buyout at all you can miss one entire event out of the 5, and still have 14 extra days to miss over the other 4 events. If life happens, you have a lot of margin to deal with it.

I finished last year's campaign during event 4 of the 5, without any buyouts and with skipping some days.

Don't worry, be happy. You have time.

• Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »

Thank you for going out to twitter and finding that, since the level of trolls on the forum is such that they don't bother posting such things to it anymore.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Well at least its a known problem thats supposedly being addressed. Not a good start to the campaign tbh
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Redacted
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Just finished Infected: The Conduit at 17:25 EST. I got the daily progress in Borg Resurgence, but not the event campaign so the fix has not yet been applied.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    foxman00 wrote: »

Thank you for going out to twitter and finding that, since the level of trolls on the forum is such that they don't bother posting such things to it anymore.

There are almost no trolls here.

Stop blaming players for Cryptic's decision to not use their own Forum to communicate with players first.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    just completed at 6:10 pm eastern. No Progress.
    I assume there will be no progress today. Probably you need to advance the featured to advance the campaign.
    I'm fairly annoyed.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.