test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing to desktop, both Arc and Steam

Been crashing to desktop for the last week on both Arc and Steam (Steam first, went to Arc after a couple of attempts)
I've tried disabling anti-virus, updating drivers, making sure graphics drivers were correct, deleting specific files that fixed other's issues in the past, renaming the game-pref file to make sure the launcher made a new one, etc.
I managed to find the debug file within the files on the Arc end, and the gist of it is it's failing to parse a json, and also provides a link to what I can only believe is the launcher's code.
I'd be happy to provide said link to a mod/admin in a dm if requested, as I'm unsure if/what rules such a link would break.

Comments

• dovahkiin117#7512 dovahkiin117 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Weird thing is, this is happening only on my current laptop, my old laptop still runs STO as well as it did before, and I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times on my current one.
  • saipan2saipan2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    yes my steam hasnt worked all week
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    This seems to have been finally fixed with the latest patch—try again!
  • astarcitizen2014astarcitizen2014 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2022
    Friend is having issues with the game crashing, we have tried everything. After hitting the engage button it goes to the cryptic loading splash screen, the bar goes about 60% then instantly Crashes to Desktop. He is using a USB Wi-Fi receiver for his PC. Any idea how to fix this crash? Also unticking on demand patching results in an endless black screen which forces restart of the PC.

Also did the same both for ARC and Steam