test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Power Source/Secrets Of The Ancients post-EV suit revamp

So...how exactly is one supposed to do The Power Source and Secrets Of The Ancients, after the EV suit revamp patch that was patched months ago, if this was the first mission where you get an EV suit?

As my KDF-allied Gamma Recruit character, my characters didn't get any EV suits in Tenebris Torquent (the first stage Dominion characters get EV suits); they simply "switched" to EV suits by default without obtaining any. Now, my EV-suit-less Gamma Recruit cannot proceed with the rest of his team into the irradiated area on The Power Source and Secrets of the Ancients because his entire team just dies off right at the entrance, and they don't seem to just "switch" to the default EV suit mode.

Seems like I have to cheat this mission by skipping these 2 missions and get the required EV suits either by A Step Between Stars (my preferred Solanae EV suits) and Nukara Missions (the suit rewards from those missions) before I attempt to do The Power Source and Secret of the Ancients, but I feel like this is violating the continuity of the stage progression, and it seems more like a work-around than a solution.

...and I have a feeling characters created after the EV suit revamp are going to be, or already have, encountered this bug, and have to the exact same workaround.

Was this intended?

Comments

• Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    You can also (I believe) get EV suits from the Nukara reputation boxes/store.

That's gonna have to wait until they fix today's bug where the game crashes every time one opens a box (reputation box, phoenix prize box, etc).
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This is a new bug. I recently did this and received suits on both character and crew. I just tested and no suits for crew.
  • Options
    This is a new bug. I recently did this and received suits on both character and crew. I just tested and no suits for crew.

How recently did you do this mission? My most recent characters were the Temporal Recruit and a DSC-Fed Little Green Man (Space Invader type alien), and I was able to do these missions before the EV suit revamp, so I think I bypassed this bug. I deliberated on my Gamma Recruit because I can only spend so much money on bank account slots, and had to wait for the next month for the next paycheck, so my Gamma Recruit languished, and by the time I got to the missions where I'd get EV suits, the EV suit revamp happened.
  • Options

Or you could just do one of the dailies which rewards a suit, faster than trying to get one from rep.
  • Options

Or you could just do one of the dailies which rewards a suit, faster than trying to get one from rep.

That was one of my back-up plans; I kind of languished on this because I was too busy focusing on endeavors and with the recent Winter Wonderland and Anniversary Events. I also didn't realize until recently that my EV suit-less character will default to an EV suit automatically when he (or she) enters an EV area, so I'll definitely do that.
  • Options

How recently did you do this mission? My most recent characters were the Temporal Recruit and a DSC-Fed Little Green Man (Space Invader type alien), and I was able to do these missions before the EV suit revamp, so I think I bypassed this bug. I deliberated on my Gamma Recruit because I can only spend so much money on bank account slots, and had to wait for the next month for the next paycheck, so my Gamma Recruit languished, and by the time I got to the missions where I'd get EV suits, the EV suit revamp happened.

A couple of weeks ago so this bug is new.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This looks to be a game wide bug. I tested Power Plant, Tenebris, Turnabout and Stormbound and none gave my away team EV suits. Although in Ternebris, Turnabout and Stormbound the lack of an EV suit didn't seem to affect my away team.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This looks to be a game wide bug. I tested Power Plant, Tenebris, Turnabout and Stormbound and none gave my away team EV suits. Although in Ternebris, Turnabout and Stormbound the lack of an EV suit didn't seem to affect my away team.

When I first did the Tenebris Torquent mission as my Gamma Recruit (either some days or some weeks after the EV revamp), my characters automatically switched to EV suit mode. Last night, when I did the Power Source and Secrets of the Ancients, they're not automatically switching to EV suit mode; they just die right at the entrance of the irradiated area.

*Edit:
    If this bug is new, then it explains why my characters aren't automatically switching to the default EV suit. Still, skipping the mission and acquiring special EV suits that are canonically obtained after this mission shouldn't be the "fix action" or workaround for this bug.
  • Options
    wolfrocket#6446 wolfrocket Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    you can buy an ev suit for less then 2k dilithium lol
  • Options

You can also buy one off the exchange but that's not the point here. lol.
  • Options

Exactly what kaithan1975 said here; this is just a workaround. The issue is that it's happening, and characters are not obtaining the required (free) EV suit for (in-game continuity) progression, and one has to resort to either buying or obtaining EV suits outside of the story progression (such as later missions).
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I'm still an extremely long ways off from getting the coveted Lifetime Subscription.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    Now, my EV-suit-less Gamma Recruit cannot proceed with the rest of his team into the irradiated area on The Power Source and Secrets of the Ancients because his entire team just dies off right at the entrance...
    There's a box of EV suits just to the left of the hole in the floor.
    ...they don't seem to just "switch" to the default EV suit mode.
    You can switch them manually using the character sheet for each boff - look for the little hook-shaped "C" next to the EV suit slot.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Now, my EV-suit-less Gamma Recruit cannot proceed with the rest of his team into the irradiated area on The Power Source and Secrets of the Ancients because his entire team just dies off right at the entrance...
    ...they don't seem to just "switch" to the default EV suit mode.
    You can switch them manually using the character sheet for each boff - look for the little hook-shaped "C" next to the EV suit slot.

Unfortunately, I am unable to interact with that box that contains the EV suits on The Power Source (nor was I able to interact with that same box in Tenebris Torquent), and I only saw the "C" toggle next to my character, but not on my Jem'Hadar BOFFs, and switching over to EV suit mode on my character would not switch my BOFFs into their phantom EV suits.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Redacted due to moderator bias.
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • Options
    edited February 2022

There's a box, but you can't interact with it. All the boxes that you previously could interact with to obtain a suit no longer work.

There is no C next to the EV suit slot.

• Options

There is indeed one next to your Captain's armor and EV suit slot; it's shaped like either a hook or a looping counterclockwise arrow, and it's to the right of your EV suit slot on the Captain's personal equipment page. This counterclockwise arrow is not present on the BOFFs, however.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    There is indeed one next to your Captain's armor and EV suit slot; it's shaped like either a hook or a looping counterclockwise arrow, and it's to the right of your EV suit slot on the Captain's personal equipment page. This counterclockwise arrow is not present on the BOFFs, however.

That's what I said, there's no switch for boffs in response that you could use the boff character sheet. Even if there was you can't switch to what doesn't exist.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Redacted due to Moderator bias.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Let's not get into name calling here, please.
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • Options
    wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    Let's not get into name calling here, please.

What this guy said. Stop it.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • Options
    renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    ran into this too the other day. Same problem we had when the mission order was reordered so there was no way to obtain EV suits before reaching New Romulus.

Currently the simplest workaround is to get second hand suits from the dil store (cost 100 each), but that's not optimal. Since our captains already have one of those by default (apparently), all the boffs really should have one too.
  • Options
    Since our captains already have one of those by default (apparently), all the boffs really should have one too.

They did, but something got borked and they no longer have one.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Since our captains already have one of those by default (apparently), all the boffs really should have one too.
    The "hook-shaped 'C'" that I was referring to is the one on our Captains page - sorry for the confusion. It's supposed to be the one that triggers the EV-suit for our Captain & Bridge Officer all-at-once.
    There's a handy one at the right-hand side of the main actionbar/powertray as well, which does the same job.
    If, however, it's not doing the job it's supposed to, then we do indeed have a bug.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/