test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red Shift Help

shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
edited January 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I don't know if I am doing something wrong but it seems that when I get my Terran Defiant to attack the Jupiter base, none of my weapons fire. I tried firing manually (the tray buttons).

I also tried unequipping my weapons on my regular ship before the mission starts and the same results. All I could do is fly around and let the other three ships attack the satellites, enemy ships and the base.

So I ask, is there something I am supposed to do to get the weapons on my ship to work?
"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    First you need to take out the turrets and ships defending the station. Then wait for the Marshal to "negotiate" with the station. After that, you can fire on the station.

If you've done all that and you still can't shoot, file a ticket.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I was doing all of that . It appears that the weapons on my ship tray are all blackened out. Hell my engines are even blackened out out so I cannot go to impulse when out of red alert. I'll file a ticket anyway and hope for the best.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I am having this error too.

Tried at least 3 times so far, it’s like flying an unarmed cargo ship.
    Now that I think about it, could not even engage impulse engines.

For the record, I am flying a T6-X Cheirax.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,034 Community Moderator
    Moved to PC Bug
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    This isn't a bug. It is because all your weapons are highlighted in green, which means they are set to auto atk, but if you have auto atk disabled you cannot fire your weapons. This is the way auto atk works. Go to your settings, control, and enable auto atk. Make sure you are in the space and not ground controls. There is a bug in regards to this though, and that is you can't unhighlight the weapons so you are forced to do auto atk, which I personally hate. I like to have control over my weapons thx. Please make it so I can unhighlight the weapons plz!
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • Options
    So the only way to avoid this is to enable dumbfire mode?
    Then I won’t bother with it until they fix it, as I am not a fan of auto-attack.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    I think Killy really wants to win bet so she disabled weapons systems.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    Can always count on a Mirror Universe reprobate to resort to cheating to win a bet.
    How drunk does she want to get her crew?
    #alchoholbad