test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

black screen and auto kick

kahlest1kahlest1 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
a while ago, we all suffered from a black screen when we clicked ENGAGE on the launcher. I heard it was fixed. I musta heard wrong because it's still happening. It takes 2 login attempts atleast before I can enter the game. A week or 2 ago, I started getting disconnected because the server timed out. I get kicked several times a day now when I warp out or in to a different zone then I have to make more attempts to log back in. please fix this. Im always hearing It's Too Hard when fixed or changes are talked about on the Ten Forward Weekly, but they NEED TO BE FIXED! It's really hard to enjoy, or even play a game when you can't log in or stay in the game.

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Who is we all?
  • Options
    all the players in the game @kaithan1975
  • Options
    No, all the players in the game were not suffering from a black screen on Engage.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Sorry to burst your bubble but not all players have been suffering from a black screen on Engage. I have had problems with the launcher but it is not usually that. Some had this problem, some still are having this problem, and some don't have this issue.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Really? telling me not everyone suffered from this is what people are focusing on? ffs
  • Options
    I read in a patch note that this was fixed. So I assumed, my bad, that everyone was affected by it. I apologize to those that have been butt hurt by that statement. You can feel sorry all you want, i dont care. I was just trying to get an issue fixed that was happening to me and looking for advice. I didnt expect this many dumbass comments from thin skinned people. I will refrain from posting or expecting anything from the Forums. I will just send in a ticket and save myself from all your grief. Have a nice day.
  • Options
    kahlest1 wrote: »
    I read in a patch note that this was fixed. So I assumed, my bad, that everyone was affected by it. I apologize to those that have been butt hurt by that statement. You can feel sorry all you want, i dont care. I was just trying to get an issue fixed that was happening to me and looking for advice. I didnt expect this many dumbass comments from thin skinned people. I will refrain from posting or expecting anything from the Forums. I will just send in a ticket and save myself from all your grief. Have a nice day.

Seriously dude? Want a tissue?

• Options
    if you wanna snivel and cry about a very minor issue, go to a different post. Im not gonna with trolls or little kids
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    kahlest1 wrote: »
    if you wanna snivel and cry about a very minor issue, go to a different post. Im not gonna with trolls or little kids

You just did! :) BTW, did it really take you an hour to post that drivel?
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • Options
    chuckiii#3391 chuckiii Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    yeah i agree with westmetals . because a long while back i had your problem had trouble logging in. and my internet service provider upgraded my service. so i had to upgrade my internet routier then my issue resolved. so you should check your connections and make sure that's not the problem. there's no need to be upset with people that don't agree with you. if your looking for help . just be cool dude............
  • Options
    ironenemesis0612ironenemesis0612 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I am having the same issue where it just drops to a black screen after pushing engange. My older computer is having no issue loging in but my brand new one i just built won't get past the loading screen.....
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Folks? There's absolutely no need to pile on a dude for reporting a bug.

If you're having this issue, can you contact support.arcgames.com and send them a directxdiag?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Folks? There's absolutely no need to pile on a dude for reporting a bug.

If you're having this issue, can you contact support.arcgames.com and send them a directxdiag?

I was not piling on a dude for reporting a bug. Just pointing out that contrary to his second post not all players are experiencing this bug. But a sizable amount are still having it happen to them. With that said, a few days ago, I did get the black screen bug, when you have to turn off your computer to get out of it or use Task Manager, to end the task. It seems to happen when you have more than one window open. For me it is rare that I get it. Also, when you click Engage on the STO launcher, it hangs for a few seconds with Star Trek Online Not Responding, then the launcher does not close for a few seconds or minutes then it does and you have only the game loading.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    xxdefectivexxxxdefectivexx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i have this on occasion try relaunching arc it seems to help