What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Event (PC) blog

2»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I think the new ship looks pretty cool.. I don't really see me using it much but I think it's a good ship.

As always, props to the art and design people that work on this game.. they are one thing I have never complained about in this game. They do top notch work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Good looking ship, but it is really tone deaf to continue adding sci carriers to the game without even attempting to address their blatant inferiority.

We have given them many good ideas on how to fix full carriers without a third hangar or secondary deflector.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    if the omega only gives 1 daily progress and there's no other way to get 1 daily progress what's the point of it? Or can you do it on two characters. I don't remember.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    No battle cloak, and no singularity core, so what was the twitter tease with subsystem power levels about then? Something half-Romulan would have at least had 1 of those 2 aspects. Why did the Alliance Battlecruiser get battle cloak then, and not just standard built-in cloak, if plenty of KDF battlecruisers don't even have it, including the flagship Bortasqu'? I do appreciate keeping Romulan thigs unique, but this is supposed to be half-Romulan, so give it at least 1 aspect that's actually Romulan.

The awkward federation saucer section at least has triangular elements added, and am still really liking the design overall, and especially the stats despite the state of carriers.
    garaffe wrote: »
    Good looking ship, but it is really tone deaf to continue adding sci carriers to the game without even attempting to address their blatant inferiority.

We have given them many good ideas on how to fix full carriers without a third hangar or secondary deflector.

Agreed.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    When do the Giveaway days start?

I ask because every year I miss a least one of them. :(

The Anniversary giveaways start today.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507143-two-free-ultimate-tech-upgrades!
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I really like the look of the new ship. I think they pull off the cooperation build look very well.

Though not sure how useful an Ensign Command seat really is?
    But I do like Temporal with a Sci build.

My only real gripe would be more with the Sci-carrier class being underpowered vs other classes that all have 'special' abilities or equipment. Having 2 hangers isn't special anymore since half of the Cruisers now have 2 AND 8 weapons AND cruiser powers.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Why did the Alliance Battlecruiser get battle cloak then, and not just standard built-in cloak, if plenty of KDF battlecruisers don't even have it, including the flagship Bortasqu'?
    The Khitomer battle cruiser has a standard cloak, not a battle cloak. The Temer raider is the only Alliance ship with a battle cloak. Maybe the internal logic of the devs is that Starfleet has less experience with cloaking technology and it's therefore harder to get it working as efficiently with Starfleet equipment and systems
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    p331 wrote: »
    When do the Giveaway days start?

I ask because every year I miss a least one of them. :(

The Anniversary giveaways start today.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507143-two-free-ultimate-tech-upgrades!

Manny Thanks! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,325 Arc User
    Impressions of the Jarok Alliance Carrier?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11507163

Cannot say i fancy the design or the boff layout.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    if the omega only gives 1 daily progress and there's no other way to get 1 daily progress what's the point of it? Or can you do it on two characters. I don't remember.

The Omega only gives 1 daily event progress per day. You can Omega farm all you want for upgrade tokens. You can also get daily event progress by running the new mission or TFO. Just like most events. I think you need 20 days progress for the ship.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

The Omega only gives 1 daily event progress per day. You can Omega farm all you want for upgrade tokens. You can also get daily event progress by running the new mission or TFO. Just like most events. I think you need 20 days progress for the ship.

what i mean is - since you need 2 progress for the day - is there any point to doing omega? Last year you could do a patrol as well for another point I think.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User

what i mean is - since you need 2 progress for the day - is there any point to doing omega? Last year you could do a patrol as well for another point I think.
    You don't actually need 2 progress per day. You need 20 points, and the event is 30 days long, so you should be able to complete it just by running the Omega farm every day.

Personally I'd be bored off my warp core by that, but de gustibus non disputandem est.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User

If all you're interested in is the ship, then you should be able to run the new episode and/or TFO for two points of progress and you can ignore the Omega stuff. The attraction with Omega is less the event progress and more the upgrades you can make from collecting the molecules.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    Why did the Alliance Battlecruiser get battle cloak then, and not just standard built-in cloak, if plenty of KDF battlecruisers don't even have it, including the flagship Bortasqu'?
    The Khitomer battle cruiser has a standard cloak, not a battle cloak. The Temer raider is the only Alliance ship with a battle cloak. Maybe the internal logic of the devs is that Starfleet has less experience with cloaking technology and it's therefore harder to get it working as efficiently with Starfleet equipment and systems

Thanks for the correction. The Temer Raider has enhanced battlecloak, which I believe may have been unintended. Also, this isn't a starfleet ship, it's an alliance ship made by both Romulans and Federation, so whatever experience Fed has that's unique would be meshed with Romulan technology, hence why I suggested it receive at least 1 thing Romulan besides appearance: singularity core or battlecloak.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I think it looks worse than the first one honestly, it looks very weird with the saucer.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

Yes you can do one Omega on one character, then switch and do it again on another. Since it tracks by account.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    kptmuffin#9760 kptmuffin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How is that a mainly Romulan design if it does not have a battle cloak? I understand that Battlecruiser doesn't have is as it is klingon/federation design but this carrier should have it. Otherwise its not realy interesting.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I usually look forward to the anniversary for a new sci ship to play with, but this time it doesn't seem to be the case at all, I've already been quite disappointed with the last few anniversaries to be honest.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I usually look forward to the anniversary for a new sci ship to play with, but this time it doesn't seem to be the case at all

It's a science carrier, how is that not a science ship?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I usually look forward to the anniversary for a new sci ship to play with, but this time it doesn't seem to be the case at all

It's a science carrier, how is that not a science ship?

No secondary deflector.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    garaffe wrote: »

The word hideous comes to mind.
    To each their own, but if you're going to joke by calling it a good looking ship then add the tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Kind of a shame that the new Alliance Carrier doesn't have Multi-Vector or Saucer Sep; the design practically screams it, as one Redditor has pointed out.
This discussion has been closed.