Install Arc
Options

Dil bug

2»

Comments

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    i really have to ask here...

what does it matter where the dil sits at, be it 500, 333, 275, 123, etc? dil is free.
    also, lets not forget that not everyone has millions or billions of dil sitting around. some? sure. several? maybe. most? doubtful.

so what is it that really chaps at you all about this? curious i am.

what does it matter where the dil sits at, be it 500, 333, 275, 123, etc? dil is free.
    also, lets not forget that not everyone has millions or billions of dil sitting around. some? sure. several? maybe. most? doubtful.

Well first Dill is not in the Billions both undefine and refine Dil are Capped at 10 mil.
    You need to think 1 Zen = $1.00 that is about what it is worth
    So the Dil exchanged is Capped at 500 Max we Maxed This usually happens because of Greed.
    Now the question is would you rather exchange 500 refined dil for 1 Zen or 250 refined Dil?
    Take note you only refine 8,500 Dill per day I think 200 more if lifetime member.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »

Well first Dill is not in the Billions both undefine and refine Dil are Capped at 10 mil.
    You need to think 1 Zen = $1.00 that is about what it is worth
    So the Dil exchanged is Capped at 500 Max we Maxed This usually happens because of Greed.
    Now the question is would you rather exchange 500 refined dil for 1 Zen or 250 refined Dil?
    Take note you only refine 8,500 Dill per day I think 200 more if lifetime member.

1 Zen = 1 penny. 100 Zen = $1.00
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »

Well, when it's not at 500, then people can carry out their transactions instantly on both sides, or post an offer slightly off of the current rate in the hopes it shifts in their direction.

Right now, because of the rate being at the cap, those are not possible. (Because any Zen-sell offer immediately gets processed at the cap rate regardless of how the player inputs it, and thus Zen-buy offers can't go through instantly because there is no Zen-sell offers on standby.)

In that respect... even 495 is way better than 500.

That said, I don't think there is or should be some arbitrary amount that above or below which players should refuse to deal with it. That just artificially affects the supply/demand. That sort of strategy would work for something where the rate is being artificially controlled (like real-world gasoline prices) but does not work to affect a free-floating currency exchange rate. Basically, it's people misinterpreting one currency or the other as being a "product" that you "buy" and not a currency.

ok, so would we have all these threads if the rate was 495 vs 500?

We started getting these threads when it was at 300. Some players think any cost above the minimum is too high. :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

The answer to your question is player turnover or 'churn.' Once your captains are maxed out, the 'leveling' or 'powerup' appeal of the game is gone, and that's when players start leaving. The quicker players reach that point, the faster they leave, the less time and money they spend on the game. Cheap dilithium facilitates maxing out quicker. It's not healthy for the game.

Some people are like that, not all.

I've been playing for 7 years (9 if you count a bit of time in 2012), have 12+ characters (too lazy to log in and count), and have never bothered to "max out" any of the characters.

Space Barbie is the real endgame for me, along with the story episodes, patrols and TFOs. I create themed captains with ships and gear that fit that theme, then I create new captains with new themes and sometimes change the theme of an existing captain. I get their gear up to being good enough for endgame but not "maxed out."

In between new content releases I play less or even not at all for awhile, then I come back.

The dilex has never really mattered to me as either a buyer or seller.

That's just me, I realize that different people have different definitions of fun.
This discussion has been closed.