test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is it Remans are not able to wear their allies unforms yet, when Romulans, and Rom Aliens can?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Basically if you want to make a Romulan Starfleet officer you can now, you can wear their uniforms and do all kinds of customization with both Romulans and Romulan Aliens. But Remans have bugs with some of the skirts, where their legs are missing, the only fed uniform that you get to use on them by default is the Picard Unform but only the top uniform piece. It does feel like Remans get discriminated against in Space Barbie options. They should have access to the full set of outfits and costumes as the a Romulan or Rom Alien. Can we ever expect to see this added in for the Reman race? Or has this been abandoned?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Ahman my friend. Remains consistantly get the short end of the stick when it comes to customization.

It is too bright in here though.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    The problem is probably that they don't have any leg skin of their own since all the Reman outfits have pants. Leaving the skin off of the mesh is handy for not having it clip through pants no matter how you have the sliders set, and the devs who made the Remans for STO probably figured no one would put on in a skirt or shorts.
  • Options
    starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Could they no just be allowed all the uniforms with pants then?
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The problem is probably that they don't have any leg skin of their own since all the Reman outfits have pants. Leaving the skin off of the mesh is handy for not having it clip through pants no matter how you have the sliders set, and the devs who made the Remans for STO probably figured no one would put on in a skirt or shorts.

The thing is they do have skin mesh for some of the skirts. Some of them do miss it, so its bugged for Remans.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • Options
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > The problem is probably that they don't have any leg skin of their own since all the Reman outfits have pants. Leaving the skin off of the mesh is handy for not having it clip through pants no matter how you have the sliders set, and the devs who made the Remans for STO probably figured no one would put on in a skirt or shorts.

There is definitely leg skin for Reman males, as well as foot skin. It is Reman females that seem to lack the skin texture for legs.

It would also be nice if they would add some chest skin texture for Remans so we can wear something other than a tank top on Risa.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    The problem is probably that they don't have any leg skin of their own [...]
    They most certainly do, your wild guess is not accurate, see my tribble screenshot. The same scene taken in Live however ends up with missing legs. Remans also tend to sometimes acquire default legs without the Reman details but I'm not sure what allows that. I've seen other players with Remans that have all the limbs. My guess is they glitched out the tailor somehow, something reportedly that's been patched out since, or maybe their character creation date retained the old working values and they have since never touched that outfit - just like old ship models like the supersized Vengeance can be retained if one had it and never changed it again in the tailor.

gXOIE7u.jpg

garaffe wrote: »
    Ahman my friend. Remains consistantly get the short end of the stick when it comes to customization.
    Remans do get ignored. My post since October 2017 in which I've provided the Dev all the details requested still goes unfixed, but whenever another species has some tailor issues those can get resolved very quickly.

Besides the faulty cosmetics, unless I'm missing something, Remans do not even have anything unique or worthwhile over other Romulans. The infiltrator captain trait can be replicated by using a Reman Boff with the same trait, and the max bonus only requires all 3 of the different types as they do not stack otherwise.

Even with such a setup, the extra duration is questionable as cloak cooldowns are faster than that, and where one SRO in their place may just give a larger net benefit. The only tiny theoretical advantage of Remans I can think of is freeing up one of the 3 infi trait slots and using a SRO boff. Romulan captains only get Romulan Operative, so the trade-off gives Remans using an SRO-cloak setup the tiniest of advantages, though this is nullified by the fact that other captain space traits are much more valuable than either infil or rom operative.

Subterfuge does not stack, and boffs exists that have superior subterfuge. Mental burst ground trait clicky is about the only functionally unique thing about Remans.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    And if you have the Delta Megapack, even THAT little advantage is nullified, because you get access to a boff that has both SRO and SS and one that has SRO and SI.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    And unless something changed, Remans can't be played by any faction except the Romulan Republic.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User

It's not just in STO, I haven't seen Remans show up in the shows lately either, their last appearance was in ENT before it was cancelled, you'd think that they died out or something.
  • Options
    I am less concerned with captain and bridge officer traits than I am with space barby.

My top concern is getting all the Reman specific tailor issues fixed, including the addition of the Reman Resistance costume pieces, especially Obisek's outfit.
  • Options
    starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The missing Romulan tal shiar costume peices too
    and just any BOFF you have should be able to wear all the costumes of the captains faction, it's annoying that as aligned romulans you get UPF/KDS bridge officers that, can't wear a romulan uniform while serving a romulan crew!

It's not just in STO, I haven't seen Remans show up in the shows lately either, their last appearance was in ENT before it was cancelled, you'd think that they died out or something.

they were always rare and secretive, and I guess the makeup is expensive after nemesis raised the stakes on them being all bat like
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • Options
    > @starshine#7408 said:
    > The missing Romulan tal shiar costume peices too
    > and just any BOFF you have should be able to wear all the costumes of the captains faction, it's annoying that as aligned romulans you get UPF/KDS bridge officers that, can't wear a romulan uniform while serving a romulan crew!
    >
    >
    > they were always rare and secretive, and I guess the makeup is expensive after nemesis raised the stakes on them being all bat like

Agreed on all points. The Romulan Republic space barby is severely lacking compared to Feds.

As for Remans themselves, I wish Crytic had given them more bat themed traits, like increased perception along with a sonic attack as opposed to the psionic mind drain.
This discussion has been closed.