test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NYCC Discovery Season 4 trailer wows audiences

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Sounds like Burnham's getting another check on her tendencies, too.

"There is a fine line between a pendulum and a wrecking ball."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The end of 2021 seems to be good for Star Trek. For the past couple of months, we have Lower Decks with the season finale next week. Then we have Star Trek: Prodigy premiering on October 28 and we have Season 4 of Star Trek: Discovery starting on November 18, 2021. Season 2 of Picard is currently scheduled for February 2022 while Strange New Worlds and Section 31 have no fixed release date yet.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    So who cried next to the black hole this season?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    You know what that anomaly reminded me of a bit?
    Ellipse1.jpg

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Graviton_ellipse

A MASSIVE Graviton Ellipse. Only unlike previously recorded anomalies... this one is big enough to crush planets and persist for FAAAAR longer. Could even be extragalactic in origin, empowered by the energies of the Galactic Barrier.

The shape of the anomaly in the trailer is similar to a Graviton Ellipse. Color's off but that might not mean anything.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Now where's a link to the trailer I can watch without having to turn my ad-blocker off?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Now where's a link to the trailer I can watch without having to turn my ad-blocker off?​​

Maybe this one?

https://youtu.be/JIPT9WC6Vsk
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You know what that anomaly reminded me of a bit?
    Ellipse1.jpg

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Graviton_ellipse

A MASSIVE Graviton Ellipse. Only unlike previously recorded anomalies... this one is big enough to crush planets and persist for FAAAAR longer. Could even be extragalactic in origin, empowered by the energies of the Galactic Barrier.

The shape of the anomaly in the trailer is similar to a Graviton Ellipse. Color's off but that might not mean anything.
    It also vaguely resembles the anomalies leading into fluidic space in-game (I was playing the Borg Advance missions on my new temporal agent today).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    It also looks like any bog-standard gravitational lensing.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    *tries to watch, gets a "get lost, non-US pleb" message, even right now, loses even more interest, goes back to Lower Decks stuff*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    *tries to watch, gets a "get lost, non-US pleb" message, even right now, loses even more interest, goes back to Lower Decks stuff*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9St3TlNPrFs

Here you go.

I personally am not as "wowed" by this. It looks pretty much like the whole show until this point. But can we please not have ninja-swordplay in every incarnation of Star Trek? pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    People seem more excited about the Starfleet Ferengi than the actual plot, personally I never been much of a fan of the Ferengi, too ugly for my liking however Quark, Rom and Nog seemed to warm them up to me, don't get me wrong I like them for their personality but I think that they're one of the ugliest trek races out there despite all that.
  • Options
    People seem more excited about the Starfleet Ferengi than the actual plot, personally I never been much of a fan of the Ferengi, too ugly for my liking however Quark, Rom and Nog seemed to warm them up to me, don't get me wrong I like them for their personality but I think that they're one of the ugliest trek races out there despite all that.
    If aliens look pretty to our eyes, there's something weird going on. They're the product of billions of years of evolution in a completely different evolutionary tree from ours - even in Trek, at least a billion, as that was when the Progenitors were scooting around meddling with the DNA patterns of multiple worlds. We're more closely related to a stalk of wheat than we are to a Ferengi; do you find wheat to be attractive?

Remember that to some Humans, the grace and pointed ears of Vulcans is suggestive of elves - while to others, it's suggestive of demons. And that's about the most Human-looking species out there; the Tellarites are quite like us psychologically, but in their original appearance resembled an upright warthog with sunken eyes.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Yes, I can guarantee at least one person out there finds wheat attractive and has a sexual fetish for it.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Yes, I can guarantee at least one person out there finds wheat attractive and has a sexual fetish for it.​​
    Yeah, that falls under the heading of "something weird is going on." :lol:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    The end of 2021 seems to be good for Star Trek. For the past couple of months, we have Lower Decks with the season finale next week. Then we have Star Trek: Prodigy premiering on October 28 and we have Season 4 of Star Trek: Discovery starting on November 18, 2021. Season 2 of Picard is currently scheduled for February 2022 while Strange New Worlds and Section 31 have no fixed release date yet.

Looks like Prodigy is premiering 2 days after my birthday, turning 28 this year.
  • Options
    valoreah wrote: »
    Meh. Pass for me.
    Thanks for that crucial update.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Meh. Pass for me.

For Discovery or Prodigy? I can completely understand passing on Discovery since it will be more of the same with some crisis being responsible for the entire season. Prodigy seems more like a cross between Voyager and Lower Decks.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Hmm...fraternizing with her crew? Janeway turned away her whilst brainwashed boyfriend and didn't keep him aboard.