test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge officers

starlord#6229 starlord Member Posts: 2 Arc User
How do I get Bridge officers ? I have many duty officers , I have 2 openings for bridge officers so I make 1 active duty so I can recruit but cant get them to be selected for my bridge stations.. what am I or the game is doing wrong ? , thanks for any help as they do not have any help tips .
Thanks
Starlord
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    How do I get Bridge officers ? I have many duty officers , I have 2 openings for bridge officers so I make 1 active duty so I can recruit but cant get them to be selected for my bridge stations.. what am I or the game is doing wrong ? , thanks for any help as they do not have any help tips .
    Thanks
    Starlord

Duty officers can't be converted into bridge officers.

There are however several ways to get bridge officers, including:
    - leveling up (you get some free for certain levels.. I think 10, 20, 30, 40?)
    - certain episodes have bridge officers as rewards
    - there's a "hidden" episode-reward bridge officer in one episode ("Dust to Dust"); this officer is not listed in the episode rewards but is found on a map inside the episode and can be recruited by speaking to them)
    - certain duty officer assignments can generate bridge officers
    - fleet vendors
    - Cstore (including some bundles)
    - lockboxes
    - the duty-officer, lockbox, and level-up ones can be resold, so you may find some on Exchange as well

If you are a damage chaser, there are certain ones that are "best" due to their traits....

for Romulan-faction captains: all Romulans/Remans with "Superior Romulan Operative" (optional) trait

for non-Romulan-faction captains:
    - tactical: Romulans with "Superior Romulan Operative" (you can buy these at fleet embassy, the blue quality male (only) has this trait)
    - science: Jem'Hadar Vanguard (Gamma Vanguard bundle, Cstore) and/or Hierarchy (episode reward, "Alliances")
    - engineering: Jem'Hadar Vanguard (Gamma Vanguard bundle, Cstore) and/or Nausicaan
    (if you are Federation, you can get one Nausicaan via Diplomacy reward vendor; Hierarchy is slightly better so get engineer)

If KDF or JH/KDF, fill in remaining slots with additional Nausicaans.
    If Federation or JH/Fed, fill in remaining slots with Cardassian, Kentari (only use one of these), K-13 Survivor, or other specialty bridge officers with space traits.

There are also:
    • the Elachi engineer from Beneath the Skin (who has the space trait "Elusive") who is decent
    • the Borg science officer from the Omega reputation
    • Nelan Exil, the Voth from the Dyson sphere rep (you have to also do a mission to pick him up)
    and a number of others depending if you want a space trait or want them for the away team.

Also, checking the promotions tab and the personnel tab in the c-store might turn one up as unlocked unexpectedly since they sometimes appear there from codes or giveaways.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    So J key / in progress then scroll to the very top to check for "New Officer" under ready to turn in. Another place to check might be to press K or U to bring up your ship then go to the stations tab and check for bridge officer candidates via a button at the bottom.

The nice thing about the exchange is you can always get a blue bridge officer for a couple hundred EC if you need something to fill in on a new ship or getting the professions you want on your away team.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    The above posts are all correct, but the exchange is the quickest way to go, and you can (probably) buy exactly the profession, race, and gender of bridge officers that you want*.

And while buying the cheapest one available may hold some appeal, you can also take a look at their traits and maybe pay a little, or a lot, extra for a trait that you like.

* Of course, this assumes that you want "normal" bridge officers. If you want a full crew of Tholians or some such then you are asking for disappointment.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    * Of course, this assumes that you want "normal" bridge officers. If you want a full crew of Tholians or some such then you are asking for disappointment.

Alien bridge offers cover that for two-legged humanoids. No Tholians, Tzenkethi, etc. though.

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    You can sell boffs from leveling and duty officer assignments on both PC and console as long as you've never commissioned them.

What you can't sell are ones from episode rewards, account-wide unlocks, fleet holdings, diplomacy rank 4, any other character bind on acquire like the jump-to-65-and-get-stuff legendary tokens.
This discussion has been closed.