test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Promote Admiral Quinn

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Ten Forward
Well, since all of us are Fleet Admirals (the same rank as Quinn) I think our fearless leader on ESD should be promoted to Starfleet Commander and Chief like we have seen others in movies and novels. We saw a glimpse of it with Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country. The Starfleet CNC is not the President of the Federation. In the TNG novels Leonard James Aakaar from TOS (the baby Bones helped deliver on Compella) is the S-CNC.

It seems awkward running around with the same rank as the guy you take orders from.

Just a thought Cryptic.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I have a feeling that Admiral Quinn already fills that role hoenstly. There's just no rank insignia above Fleet Admiral.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    jake477 wrote: »
    Well, since all of us are Fleet Admirals (the same rank as Quinn) I think our fearless leader on ESD should be promoted to Starfleet Commander and Chief like we have seen others in movies and novels. We saw a glimpse of it with Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country. The Starfleet CNC is not the President of the Federation. In the TNG novels Leonard James Aakaar from TOS (the baby Bones helped deliver on Compella) is the S-CNC.

It seems awkward running around with the same rank as the guy you take orders from.

Just a thought Cryptic.......

Not really. He has positional authority over us...and he had the rank longer than we did so he also has time in rank.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,525 Arc User
    They could always go the Japanese route and call Quinn a marshal-admiral that just gets shortened to "admiral" in everyday usage so they would not have to change the current dialog.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    He's Starfleet Chief of Operations. He's the one who gives us assignments, or in the case of T'nae's missions transfers us to her command for a time. That gives him operational authority over starship commanders, no matter the relative rank.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    Yeah in any military there's a thing called a operational authority, sometimes a person might have lower literal rank but higher operational authority. In-fact when I was doing my military service I had limited authority over admirals/generals even though I never got past private, due to the duties I had.

Also Quinn would have seniority due having had the rank longer then us. So he still outranks us even though our technical rank is the same.