test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sadly time to UNINSTALL (Arc) as it breaks STO from Launching.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited August 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Seems it getting far worse rather than be FIXED, as today even restarting Arc / STO loaded two black screens.

So seems Cryptic does not want to FIX their beloved Arc. I guess they are giving us no choice but to uninstall it.

So from this point like many have done, I guess it's just time to uninstall it.

*Waves Goodbye* to Arc, see you later... ...I liked you while you were working!

@ambassadorkael#6946
0zxlclk.png

Comments

• Options
    o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I don't know what ***t is cooking there...but I wasn't able to start my launcher for a week now. Yesterday I thought I'd try it with ARC...didn't work, "Upgrade error". Uninstalled ARC, reinstalled it...same error. So uninstalled it again. And a few minutes ago I thought I try my launcher again, expecting the same error I got for a week now. but now...launcher started again. Seems like they really work hard to crash the whole thing against the wall.
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
  • Options
    I mean Arc worked fine for years, so it be nice if they actually FIXED it. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    fyi, you can add (in the launcher) the following text to disable the Arc overlay in-game. I am told that this has cleared up the black screen issues for some players:

inside the launcher, open "options"
    in the "command line" box
    -ArcOverlayEnable 0

I could swear their USED TO be an option to add a Command Line thing like that, yet I don't see that any more.

hqW2Ag9.png

Seems they are trying to encourage people to not use Arc, which seems rather silly!

rnFHLvm.png

I'm mean at the time they are ENDING support for 32-bit, they actually ENABLE 32-bit on the STO launcher &/or Arc so it always starts 32-bit before later switching to 64? Never used to do that...

Say the black screen often only occurs when ARC Update itself stays loaded in 32-bit mode, rather than close the 32-bit process. At least Arc itself still launches in 64-bit mode (most of the time) and why is it even starting 32-bit or all these child processes? It used to always run just 64 as a single instance.

It's bad enough, that ARC itself sometimes load's twice aside from spawning all these 32-bit child process...

QAhM9Rq.png

So really HOPEFUL they FIX this soon!

TYlOeLj.png

*sigh* :/
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hehe, I was wondering why I couldn't find it. Low Blood sugar moment which I have often being Type 1.

So Thank You!

I'll add the '-ArcOverlayEnable 0' now. :)
    0zxlclk.png