test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Corsair / Dacoit skin for Blackguard

michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
Could we get the Corsair skin for the Blackguard? It is a logical evolution of the ships: Dacoit ->Corsair -> Blackguard. There is really no other use for the Corsair (or for the Dacoit for that matter). Option never hurt..
GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,523 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    That would be good, or make T6 versions of the others with enough difference in systems to make getting them worthwhile. Still better would be to do that and also add some more Orion ships with different roles than just "carrier". Orions seem to be the most popular KDF race, it is a shame that they only have three ships.
  • Options
    @phoenixc
    I think the Dacoit / Corsair / Blackguard are very much like the Avenger and it's iteration. Yes, the seating is more different, but functionally they are the same ships.
    More ships would be nice, but with the TRIBBLE series, I doubt they have the capacity for that. Using the different skins would be a nice opportunity to give some variety to Orions.
    Favourite race are the female Orions! Playing a male Orion I feel I am a rarity! B)

@somtaawkhar
    Are those three ship that different in size? Why is that a problem? The beam points are fixed, the rest is "internal", isn't it?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,523 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Are those three ship that different in size? Why is that a problem? The beam points are fixed, the rest is "internal", isn't it?
    I'm not sure about those ships specifically, but it is an issue on Klingon faction ships in general.

And size matters because, if you are going to have a ship use the skin of another ship, the parts from both ships must work together or else it creates visual errors. This is why the TOS Connie, the DSC Connie, and the Kelvan Connie, as well as the ToS D7, DSC D7, and Kelvan D7, can't use each other's parts. They are too different in size/shape for the parts to be compatible with each other.

If the front of the Blackguard doesn't fit with the back of the Dacoit for example, they aren't going to let you use the skins on each other.

Now we have seen them go back and tweak some ships, like the Kamarang, to work with the Vor'cha parts, but those ships were far more similar in size/shape to begin with.

True, if they did make the skins swapable it would probably have to be an all or nothing swap, not a mix, since the shapes are totally different, the weapon hardpoints are in completely different spots, and in the case of the Dacoit it seems significantly smaller than the other two (I don't have that class yet myself but was right next to one a time or two while flying the peanut).

The Orions still need some more ships though, and of different roles hopefully, like the "Intruder" or "Scout" (the old startrek.com called it "Intruder" but Memory Alpha calls it "Scout" and some custom ones (and hopefully of a more elegant style than the fugly barges they have in the game now). STO treats the KDF more like a centralized organization like the Federation is, with ships of the "client" races filling specific niche roles (Gorn science, Orion carriers, Nausicans destroyers) instead of the feudal mixed basket the lore implies it is.
  • Options
    Ah, I understand now. Yes, I thought this should be all or nothing skin swaps. It would still multiple the Orion ships, without much work. I agree some new ships would be nice. Altough, I agree that the carriers fit the pirate themes quite nicely.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    I'm not sure about those ships specifically, but it is an issue on Klingon faction ships in general.

And size matters because, if you are going to have a ship use the skin of another ship, the parts from both ships must work together or else it creates visual errors. This is why the TOS Connie, the DSC Connie, and the Kelvan Connie, as well as the ToS D7, DSC D7, and Kelvan D7, can't use each other's parts. They are too different in size/shape for the parts to be compatible with each other.

If the front of the Blackguard doesn't fit with the back of the Dacoit for example, they aren't going to let you use the skins on each other.

Now we have seen them go back and tweak some ships, like the Kamarang, to work with the Vor'cha parts, but those ships were far more similar in size/shape to begin with.

True, if they did make the skins swapable it would probably have to be an all or nothing swap, not a mix, since the shapes are totally different, the weapon hardpoints are in completely different spots, and in the case of the Dacoit it seems significantly smaller than the other two (I don't have that class yet myself but was right next to one a time or two while flying the peanut).

The Orions still need some more ships though, and of different roles hopefully, like the "Intruder" or "Scout" (the old startrek.com called it "Intruder" but Memory Alpha calls it "Scout" and some custom ones (and hopefully of a more elegant style than the fugly barges they have in the game now). STO treats the KDF more like a centralized organization like the Federation is, with ships of the "client" races filling specific niche roles (Gorn science, Orion carriers, Nausicans destroyers) instead of the feudal mixed basket the lore implies it is.

Yeah Orions should have couple of light "Jack-of-all-traits" ships to represent ships that have been converted from freighters, honestly most Orion ships should be fairly small during the Golden Age of Piracy in the 1600-1700s the pirates generally didn't use anything bigger/stronger then a Frigate and most of their ships were convert merchant ships not purpose built warships and think the Orion designs should be similar and with few larger ships acting as motherships but no purpose built dreadnaughts or other pure warships as Starfleet, KDF or Imperial Romulan Navy would destroyed the Orion Syndicate way before Hobus happened if Orions had fleets that could blockade one their colonies and defeat a dedicated attempt to break the Blockade.
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I bought the Blackguard Assault Carrier, and I'll definitely buy a T6 Corsair if they release one. If they make an Orion bridge with decks, I'll buy that too! PlayStation has so few bridges for the KDF side, and none of them have the option to go to other decks when you go to the turbolift. I play the game more for fun and character themes, so I'm totally willing to throw money at them! ^_^
This discussion has been closed.