test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Olympic loses her "nice girl" image

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
So in looking at that clickbait link on the launcher about "trade Lobi for Freedom", I saw the list of all the vanity shields, and I was intrigued by the New Romulus one. So I gave it a try on my Fed Sci's Olympic Research Science Vessel Fleet Retrofit, (which is a very big name for such a small ship), and it knocked my socks off!

cpXaTbt.jpg
Who me? I'm just a harmless little Science Vessel, dedicated to peaceful research.

_________________________________________________________________________________

If2D3oL.jpg
HIGHWAY. TO. THE. DANGERZONE.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    This does look nice. Very sleek. I always appreciated the dark chromed look of the Reman and T6 Romulan rep vanity shields.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    S31 and covert evil science!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    To each their own. The stock ship is beautiful; A homage to the lines of the Daedalus with a future spin. It made me want to play a science captain.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    Who'd have thought such an innocuous design could look so dangerous?
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    The Olympic is honestly due for a remodel though. The actual Olympic parts don't even match what was seen in All Good Things.
    IMO they can keep the current parts, but they should also add the AGT parts, which are canon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I'm sorry...but that is still the nice girl...just in a leather skirt. At a glance it might look more sexy...but anything more than a glance and you still have nice girl written all over. Hey look, a nice big fragile bubble for you to explode the command section from the rest of the ship. Only slightly less idiotic for combat than the war canoe. Other federation ships are prone to idiotic designs of course (hey let's make a warship with no sick bay to speak of because you definitely don't need one of those during a war...and that is one of my favorite Trek ships)...made of pure explodium no less. But the explodium seems to be an issue with all ships in that universe to be fair.

The "fragile bubble" is not glass or transparent aluminum or whatever, the blurb about it says it is a shield. It is more likely that toroid force field bubble is used to trap samples of things to study that one might not want to have inside the hull itself. In any case, breaking or turning it off would not expose the interior of the ship itself to space since the outer hull itself is the apple core shaped part (which in turn is probably covered in sensors).
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Thank you all for your replies. It is a look I do like. And I do love this ship more than words can say. It's delightfully off-meta, visually appealing and nimble AF with the Competitive engine. The Fleet Retrofit version gets a full five Science consoles, and the X upgrade makes it six, for an unbuffed EPG of 523, which turns GW3 into...well, you're all veterans. I don't need to tell you.

And I thank Coldnapalm in particular for the titillating mental image of "the nice girl...just in a leather skirt."
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    I like the ship too (it is something different but in a way that actually fits instead of looking generic), in fact one of my characters is a doctor/captain like Crusher in All Good Things and was supposed to use a ship that is a hybrid of the Horizon and Olympic class variants (she would still be using it if there was a T6 c-store version, so far things have not worked out trying to get the fleet version between distraction from all the event ships and fleet problems).
This discussion has been closed.