test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cutscenes Not Skippable Anymore? (PS4)

spottedfeatherspottedfeather Member Posts: 100 Arc User
What happened ? You can't skip cutscenes anymore. Any ideas why ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Som is correct… Look for the growing circle in the top right corner during the cutscene…
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    Press and HOLD escape
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Som is correct… Look for the growing circle in the top right corner during the cutscene…

I can't do either of those things. There IS no escape button and no glowing thing.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    Press and HOLD escape

I can't do either of those things. There IS no escape button and no glowing thing.

Are you on PC or console?

Because when they say "press escape" they mean on the keyboard of your PC...

There was a recent change to how skipping works (requiring a longer hold)... also some cutscenes were never skippable.

Console, of course.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    If you're on console then I think you're out of luck. There was a way to skip CSs, but sometimes people skipped too soon and broke their mission, so the devs had to do something about it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I really hope they allow us to skip by holding a button if it's a "skipped too soon" thing they're trying to prevent.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Press and HOLD escape

There was a recent change to how skipping works (requiring a longer hold)... also some cutscenes were never skippable.

Console, of course.

The game is available for PC, XBox and Playstation.. but we should all just magically know what Platform you're on..

Of course. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Press and HOLD escape

Console, of course.

The game is available for PC, XBox and Playstation.. but we should all just magically know what Platform you're on..

It's not like I clicked the PS4 section, nor did I decide to be a massive twant to someone asking a simple question.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Press and HOLD escape

Console, of course.

It's not like I clicked the PS4 section, nor did I decide to be a massive twant to someone asking a simple question.

You think that was mean you haven't seen anything yet sunshine.

But fine.. we'll try this..

You will get more effective help on the forums if you provide the reader with enough information to effectively help you. Had you stated in your first post that you were playing on console, you would not have received advice that was irrelevant to you. Help others to help you.

Is that nice enough? or does that somehow offend you as well? :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    It makes the latest episodes even more unbearable. When I could just Esc, Esc, Esc, Esc, Esc...I stomached it, but I can't sit through these frightfully boring "stories", only to then just fight of wave after wave of ships.
  • Options
    Press and HOLD escape

Console, of course.

This thread is not in the PS4 section, and nothing in your initial post indicated that you are a console player. I asked based on what you said in your first followup, about the lack of an escape button. Your reply to my question (in your second follow up) basically said that it should have been obvious, when there was in fact not a single clue other than "there is no escape button".

Yes, this IS in the PS4 section. I hit PS4 at the top of the screen, then hit Forums. This IS ON THE SECOND PAGE.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Ok... first off... calm down.
    Second... seems like we don't actually HAVE a dedicated PS4 section for the forums other than bug reporting. It all funnels into the same area. I JUST tried clicking on PS4, took me to the news page. Attempting to go to a PS4 Forum page just routed back to the normal forum page shared by all.

To avoid further confusion I will invoke mod power to edit the thread name to include that this is regarding PS4.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Press and HOLD escape

Console, of course.

This thread is not in the PS4 section, and nothing in your initial post indicated that you are a console player. I asked based on what you said in your first followup, about the lack of an escape button. Your reply to my question (in your second follow up) basically said that it should have been obvious, when there was in fact not a single clue other than "there is no escape button".

Yes, this IS in the PS4 section. I hit PS4 at the top of the screen, then hit Forums. This IS ON THE SECOND PAGE.

No, you posted this thread in the General Discussion area of the forums. There is no PS4 or even Xbox One sections except for the gameplay bug report parts in the Support forums. So yes, seaofsorrows and westmetals are correct. There is no such forum here. Finally, rattler2 thanks for updating the title of the thread. Much appreciated.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    You're welcome.
    I can summon one of the other mods who might be a bit more familiar with consoles or something if the OP would like. Other than that... all I ask is that people keep it civil in here.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.