test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG with forever linked Voice Chat participants since 7/27 or earlier.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited July 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
What I found was strange since today's patch, seems I'm hearing people talk with open MIC enabled even when not in a team!

I suspect it's someone in Fleet, who I was in a team with yesterday. Yet now were not in a team and I still hearing a play by play of everything.

Please FIX voice chat as it should NOT be enabled always, only when in a team...

Sadly there is no (https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_console_commands) to remove a participant.
╘ there likely should be given this! All I can do is MUTE him, so he's free to stream or broadcast as he desires.

I myself ain't into that sort of thing...

Funny but how do I turn it OFF? I now realized checking Participant List of VOICE CHAT it still shows him, yet that should NOT remain after we LEAVE A TEAM!

UTMxEw8.png

then 2 days later...

6XdG8Gj.png
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    This might not be what you have in mind, but:
    Options > Voice Chat > Disable Voice Chat

Disable it when you don't want it, re-enable it as necessary?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    Yea I realized that is there, yet it took awhile because I wasn't in a TEAM. He was still in listed as a participant even 2 days after we first ended our Team, which is just plain silly!

I mean it's mostly ensuring privacy for others, because if people don't realize their MIC is OPEN, they won't expect others to be hearing them because their not in a TEAM.

Sadly there is no (https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_console_commands) to remove a participant.
    ╘ there likely should be given this!

But still thank you @inferiority it's always nice to see helpful friendly people who try to help!

UPDATE: Today I re-invited him to a TEAM, and doing so cleared my voice participants, until he accepted the TEAM in which he was re-added to it. And leaving it again, didn't remove him. I then tried to join a TEAM with another user, again inviting them removed player above, but as soon as the team was disbanded the player above REJOINED participants!

This isn't good, as I could choose to turn on his MIC or hear him with, or without his knowledge. I have instructed him to always MUTE his MIC or enable PTT (Push to Talk) when not in a TEAM to ensure his privacy is protected as a result of this! Yet having to LEAVE someone forever MUTED, is really a critical FLAW as it shouldn't be my choice to easedrop on someone, or anything he might be saying while in game while his MIC is OPEN.

Cn2N0Ct.png

<3o:) Hopefully the ambassador can earn his Halo on this one!
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    @chrian#9670
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png