test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the dilithium exchange disabled??

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
I cannot buy zen in the Dillex system, there is no offer, and no information at all.. it is disabled or it's just me?
The forces of darkness are upon us!

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    It's not disabled, it's empty. You can make offers still, check the Sell tab for the current backlog for 500Dil/Zen.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    There is about 85k worth of purchase offers ahead of you. Put your offer in at 500 and wait at the end of the line. Might sell in a day or two.
  • Options
    tom61sto wrote: »
    It's not disabled, it's empty. You can make offers still, check the Sell tab for the current backlog for 500Dil/Zen.

I have never seen the Dilex empty ever in my 10 and a half years on this game..
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

It never has been before, but it will be the new normal. It’s the result of Cryptic devaluing Dilithium and pushing Zen sales through the roof. I expect their ‘solution’ will be to push the cap up from 500:1 which of course will be a pointless and stupid mistake.. but they’ll do it anyway.

This is how it is from now on, thanks Cryptic! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    edited June 2021

It never has been before, but it will be the new normal. It’s the result of Cryptic devaluing Dilithium and pushing Zen sales through the roof. I expect their ‘solution’ will be to push the cap up from 500:1 which of course will be a pointless and stupid mistake.. but they’ll do it anyway.

I agree the lack of new fleet building and other things where you could spent Dilli on is not helping. So yeah they pretended to care for a bit and though that putting the phoenix box permanently in would help keep the price down. They were wrong and I don't think they really care. Maybe its the start of the end for this game.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited June 2021

I agree the lack of new fleet building and other things where you could spent Dilli on is not helping. So yeah they pretended to care for a bit and though that putting the phoenix box permanently in would help keep the price down. They were wrong and I don't think they really care. Maybe its the start of the end for this game.

Neverwinter has had their Astral Diamonds to Zen Exchange at cap for years from what I've heard, so it doesn't seem to be a true game killer for Cryptic. Probably will drop the number of free players, and players that used the Dil Exchange for discounts on ships, but as long as the whales stay they'll still be good. The only true death would be if enough free players leave and the whales start bolting themselves if they have no one to play with.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Technically, no. Effectively, yes.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    In Neverwinter, they responded by raising the cap.. it almost immediately maxed out at the new cap. I wonder if they will do the same here.
  • Options
    In Neverwinter, they responded by raising the cap.. it almost immediately maxed out at the new cap. I wonder if they will do the same here.

Was NW's cap originally 500 also? Either way, by what percent did they increase it?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

Was NW's cap originally 500 also? Either way, by what percent did they increase it?

I don’t play it, but apparently, they went from 500 to 750 and it capped again the same day.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    As I said yesterday in another Thread, some people can wait months in Neverwinter for their offer to buy Zen to accomplish.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    ltminns wrote: »
    As I said yesterday in another Thread, some people can wait months in Neverwinter for their offer to buy Zen to accomplish.

Yeah, currently the wait time is around 155 days from posting till filling for Zen on the Neverwinter exchange.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    The problem with trying to compare STO to Neverwinter is the fact that Astral Diamonds are used for more things, specifically their auction house. And I think it was more around 14k refine cap for Astral Diamonds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    looks like the dilithium exchange finally had that economic crash I was predicting awhile ago. insane to see the dilithium exchange this dead.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    (flame/troll post redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The problem with trying to compare STO to Neverwinter is the fact that Astral Diamonds are used for more things, specifically their auction house. And I think it was more around 14k refine cap for Astral Diamonds.

We are comparing the economic model itself, the degree of which each currency is needed is without question different. The overall problem though remains the same, one currency that's extremely valuable which can be had in exchange for another currency that is constantly de-valued and that is used to maintain that the game is 'free to play.' The core problem is a Cryptic problem that stretches across their titles.

You are right, the situations are not exactly the same.. but they are very similar.
  • Options
    Well, we do need mor dill sinks.. not me, i'm still working on my Fed/Klg starbases, but yeah... too high of a prize..
  • Options
    Well, we do need mor dill sinks.. not me, i'm still working on my Fed/Klg starbases, but yeah... too high of a prize..

And, as I pointed out elsewhere, one of the big drivers of dilithium farming accounts are fleet holdings -- you can freely amass, refine, and invest that 'never going to be used any other way' dilithium. Adding more fleet holdings won't address dilithium exchange problem. Fleet holdings and the dilithium it consumes are almost entirely on different tracks from the dilex.

Agreed, the path to a viable Dilithium Sink is something that the entire player base will want. Fleet Holdings are often funded by a few strongly dedicated fleet leaders while everyone else just watches and reaps the benefits. Would some players start funneling their excess Dilithium into new holdings if they were made? Sure.. Would it be enough players to effect the exchange rate? Nope.

Adding fleet holdings is a short sided and lazy solution.
  • Options

And, as I pointed out elsewhere, one of the big drivers of dilithium farming accounts are fleet holdings -- you can freely amass, refine, and invest that 'never going to be used any other way' dilithium. Adding more fleet holdings won't address dilithium exchange problem. Fleet holdings and the dilithium it consumes are almost entirely on different tracks from the dilex.

Agreed, the path to a viable Dilithium Sink is something that the entire player base will want. Fleet Holdings are often funded by a few strongly dedicated fleet leaders while everyone else just watches and reaps the benefits. Would some players start funneling their excess Dilithium into new holdings if they were made? Sure.. Would it be enough players to effect the exchange rate? Nope.

We should be able to buy some ships.. like old events ships, directly with dillithium... so you have alternatives, like T5 ships, cost dill and is one per char, muds unlock them for the account, and phoenix helps you get them for free.. if you manage to get a coupon, of course.. but also, phoenix gest unlocked by account... so peaple really sink dill on those things..
  • Options
    kosmi7kosmi7 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Well other solution to the problem would be to cut dill production by half or more. Therefore less dill and people with zen will need to lower price. Since no one would want to farm whole year for 1k zen...
  • Options
    Fleet holdings do have an effect on the exchange. Back when we only had the starbases, it was practically a golden age for F2P players becuase it was as low as... I wanna say 82/1?

The problem starts to happen when all the big fleets start finishing their holdings. As they aren't pushing the projects, the demand for Dilithium drops.

Fleet Holdings are only temporary measures that will only last as long as the big active fleets need it. Once they're done... the exchange rates reflect that with the rising prices.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User

We should be able to buy some ships.. like old events ships, directly with dillithium... so you have alternatives, like T5 ships, cost dill and is one per char, muds unlock them for the account, and phoenix helps you get them for free.. if you manage to get a coupon, of course.. but also, phoenix gest unlocked by account... so peaple really sink dill on those things..

Phoenix tokens are per-character.

Selling event ships for dil might or might not help. It would need to be a very high dil price, 1-2 million or more, and people would probably be happier buying phoenix where they have a chance (in a thousand) from opening just one box and they get a useful consolation prize with the tech upgrade.
  • Options
    Fleet holdings do have an effect on the exchange. Back when we only had the starbases, it was practically a golden age for F2P players becuase it was as low as... I wanna say 82/1?

The problem starts to happen when all the big fleets start finishing their holdings. As they aren't pushing the projects, the demand for Dilithium drops.

Fleet Holdings are only temporary measures that will only last as long as the big active fleets need it. Once they're done... the exchange rates reflect that with the rising prices.

I hate to say it, and it would probably be poorly received, but they probably need some kind of maintenance fee on these holdings. I know they don't want to make things impossible for small fleets, so maybe it could scale? But whatever the case, as you mentioned the problem is finishing a holding and never needing to invest in it again. Maintenance would address that. And, for what it's worth, benefit the person investing if they need fleet credits.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    The problem is there is nothing to remove excess dilithium from piling up. fleet holdings are not viable long term solutions and more often than not are viewed as a penalty to smaller fleets. Now their resources are being forced to stretch even more, or they go without. It destroys incentive for some of the smaller fleets to keep going. Plus at some point folks want to be done leveling fleet stuff.

What's needed is a sink that will have consistent value and can remove large quantities of dilithium on a consistent basis. It needs to be something that folks will want to invest large sums of dilithium into that won't lose value like the phoenix packs. While phoenix packs provide a steady downward pull, they're not enough on their own, and once folks have what they want from the boxes and have upgraded everything they want to upgrade, they kind of just exist.

Couple fleetmates and myself were talking about this stuff last night as well and the subject of cosmetic items came up, and letting us do more to cosmetically alter our ships, weapons, and so on. An example being if someone likes the visual effects of the terran disruptor, they could pay x amount of dilithium to make all their disruptors use that visual. Other games have this and I've seen folks spend hundreds of hours to make their toons look the way they want, or grind for hours to get the appropriate appearance item.

Another item that came up was allowing folks to purchase lobi with dilithium at a higher rate, but binding those items to character. To prevent dilithium overload from getting worse, you could only purchase lobi with dilithium. You wouldn't be able to cash your lobi in for dilithium. Some folks wouldn't like the idea of character only, and I doubt this would ever happen, but it was an idea we kicked around. Until viable sinks come in or the cap on the exchange is just straight up lowered from 500, we will continue to see issues like this.
    kosmi7 wrote: »
    Well other solution to the problem would be to cut dill production by half or more. Therefore less dill and people with zen will need to lower price. Since no one would want to farm whole year for 1k zen...

All that's going to do is infuriate the playerbase and cause people to leave in droves and come off as a punishment to free to play folks. It would be viewed as the whales maxing out the exchange, but the free to play bunch is punished. Dilithium isn't just for purchasing zen, but is also used to upgrade items, buy alot of items, and even re-roll items. If you cut the ability of players to produce dilithium from what it is now, you're also severely nerfing their ability in those other areas. folks are limited to 8k per toon per day, which has remained the same for years. the problem is that the supply has been allowed to build and build and build, with nothing to remove any of that built up supply. Much like a bathtub with the water allowed to flow freely with a closed drainplug. If one wants to maintain a healthy level of water while still keeping the faucet running, one must have adequate drainage to prevent excess water.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    This has been mentioned before but an account daily limit on refining dil might help a bit. Most players have 3 or fewer characters so a 24K/day per account limit would have no effect on them it would only hurt the farmers.

It would be on refining dil so it wouldn't affect getting fleet dil from KDF admiralty.

My stake: I don't buy or sell dil so the exchange being maxed doesn't really affect me. My dil goes to the fleet projects, Phoenix boxes, and re-engineering.
  • Options
    I have to disagree with a maintenance fee on holdings. Who pays it? How do less active fleets keep their hard earned progress? How hard is this going to hit the KDF fleets? There's all kinds of questions and most of them aren't reasuring IMO.

Not only that... its bound to punish less active fleets for not being more active. "You gotta do this or lose your fleet holdings". That's a death sentence for some fleets, and might also encourage some of the more active fleets to actually PURGE members to cut maintenance costs as well if it scales with amount of members. And I'm not talking about deadweight inactives that haven't logged in for years. I'm talking active members.
  • Options
    khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    maybe they could sell some old T6 ships once a year for dill. throw in a exclusive vanity shield (for that year) and it would probably eliminate a lot of dill :P
  • Options
    Plasuible. But again we have to consider income that keeps the game running. Also I doubt it would do a lot of the more popular ships. Then we come to the issue of the vanity shield and where to store it when not in use.

Maybe a new hull material instead?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Maybe a new hull material instead?

I'd be willing to pay just to unlock my Vengeance and JJprise hull materials on other fed ships, same with the bridges from those two ships as well.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.