What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TOS Torpedo colour

2»

Comments

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I'd give anything for the TOS movie torpedoes, with the lines that fly out of them.
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > The fact that TOS looks silly to you is just a matter of personal taste, not everyone likes the same styles
    >

Good point. To me the TOS aesthetic is by far my favorite. It looks to me as the most advanced and visually appealing style. I enjoy STO because I can have TOS ships, uniforms, and gear. If it did not, I would probably not be playing the game.

Also, I agree with Smokebailey, DS9 and ENT did a wonderful job bringing TOS to the more modern screens. I am also a big fan of Star Trek Returns. I love how they put that together.

Others feel the opposite, but that is what is good about the diversity of Star Trek and STO, you can easily find the style and content that is most pleasing to you.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    TOS had fantastic sound effects and the visuals still stand up today. I personally enjoy Voyager the most, although the station itself in battle and the Defiant in "Shattered Mirror" were terrific.

The JJ-Verse and onwards with their spray phasers just aren't as enticing as beam and great bellowing torpedoes.
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Voyager is a close second to TOS for me. I know Voyager not a popular as TNG and DS9, but I like it so much more than those two. I really like all the characters and the stories along with the background of being lost and trying to get home.

I do not like the JJ verse or the new Star Trek shows at all, but that is just my personal feelings. I will not rip on those shows.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Voyager is a close second to TOS for me. I know Voyager not a popular as TNG and DS9, but I like it so much more than those two. I really like all the characters and the stories along with the background of being lost and trying to get home.

I do not like the JJ verse or the new Star Trek shows at all, but that is just my personal feelings. I will not rip on those shows.

At least Beyond did a much better job, I felt like I was watching a TOS episode/film. 2 strikes and a homerun so far on the JJ films.

And Lower Decks if the FIRST new series to properly depict TOS as it is, with no 'visual reboots' and no '25% difference'.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Terminal_Provocations_(episode)
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Veritas_(episode)

Those 2 showed it off nicely.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User

The "problem" (or strength, YMMV) with Star Trek is that it always has some great hits, even if a show, overall, is underwhelming. So it's difficult to say a show is completely terrible because you always find something that makes you say "I can't just throw the whole thing into the bin, because THIS is just too great and can't be ignored".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    you can get the old blue ones on the exchange, but they typically need upgraded. They look different, like all the TOS stuff.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

This discussion has been closed.