test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Melee damage vs melee physical damage

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
A Gorn has a trait that improves melee physical damage, whereas a Ferasan has a trait that improves melee damage. Do these function differently such that the Ferasan will get the bonus while using Nanopulse weapons while the Gorn does not?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    That... is a good question.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    I have always thought the engineering captains should be able to use pliers to grab noses for some Stooge-fu combat... :)
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    How can this be tested? I attempted to compare DPS numbers with physical and nanopulse weapons swapped between my Ferasan, android, and other BOFFs but it seems like the numbers are scrambled by other variables.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    The real place to test this would be on a Gorn captain though - as the Ferasan trait should boost it either way.

I think you have that backwards. Gorn would not boost energy melee weapons, while Ferasan might or might not.

The best place to test is on a real combat map, like on Nimbus or in a story episode ground map.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,853 Arc User
    melee physical - i would take this as hand to hand, etc. no weapons. (makes one winder how the gloves are categorized then)
    melee as itself - using daggers, bel(whatever spelling it does), swords etc.

except swords, and the bat'leth are physical damage. I don't think the throwing knives are, which is odd, just like the Thompson is physical but the TR isn't.
    Spock.jpg

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    melee physical - i would take this as hand to hand, etc. no weapons. (makes one winder how the gloves are categorized then)
    melee as itself - using daggers, bel(whatever spelling it does), swords etc.

except swords, and the bat'leth are physical damage. I don't think the throwing knives are, which is odd, just like the Thompson is physical but the TR isn't.

Leck's are physical, but not melee: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Leck's_Throwing_Knives

TR-116b is kinetic like grenades, Thompson is physical but also not melee.
This discussion has been closed.