test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mudd's Into Darkness and Beyond Choice Pack!

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

87631bf463e58ce1c81dc85f52d0b32b1622667173.jpg

My friends! Come closer! Closer still! That's too close, I don't need to smell you. Ha ha ha! I, Harcourt Fenton Mudd, have a secret for you. You may know that there are universes other than our own. Places where one tiny choice flapped a butterfly's wings and changed everything. I'm sure you do - it seems that "Mirror Universe" is popping into our universe every few days or so. But did you know that there was a time travel event that created a universe vastly different, but yet so similar to our own? When Ambassador Spock and the Romulan terrorist - or freedom fighter, depending on who you ask - Nero traveled back through a wormhole, and in destroying one single ship, the U.S.S. Kelvin, changed everything? I know, because I have been there! Well, not me, myself - bzzt - but one of me certainly has! And he returned with a plethora of gifts - massive starships that need to be seen to be believed, nimble Klingon craft, and even a recreation of the vessel Ambassador Spock flew through that very wormhole. The line forms to the left, gentlebeings!

d9d958b545a0b29b16508719cead2d731622667536.png

Mudd is opening the doors on a new Choice Pack on June 10th, this one from the Kelvin Timeline! Purchase the Mudd's Into Darkness and Beyond Choice Pack for 29500 Zen, and choose any three of the above options! But that's not all - this pack will be 50% off from 6/10 @ 8am PT (17:00 CEST) - 6/24 @ 10am PT (19:00 CEST). Choose from the following options:

Vengeance Intel Dreadnought
Kelvin Heavy Destroyer/D7 Heavy Destroyer Pack
Kelvin T’Laru/D4x/Constitution Pack
Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel
2 pack T6 Ship Coupons
9 pack T6x Tokens
1 Elite Phoenix Token
50 Key Pack

In addition, everything else in Mudd's Market (except the other three bundles) will be on sale for 75% off from 6/10 at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) - 6/14 at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)!

Never seen one of these packs before? Seen them all but still unsure how they work? Here's an FAQ just for you:

Each time I buy this pack, I get to choose any three items?

Yes! Even if you only purchase it once, the Mudd’s Into Darkness and Beyond Choice Pack allows you to choose any three of the above ships, keys, coupons or upgrades. You can choose multiples of the same item, as long as it’s not a ship. Some of the possibilities include:

Both Kelvin Packs and the Intel Dreadnought
The Quark Class and two of the Experimental Ship Upgrade Packs, totaling 18 Tokens
Three Key Packs, equalling 150 Keys
The Experimental Scout Vessel, The Epic Phoenix Prize Pack Token, and 50 Keys
And more!

Are the ships bound to the character that buys them?

Nope! The ships are account unlocks, like everything in the Zen Store. Once you purchase the bundle and choose any of the ships, you unlock that ship for all your characters, immediately, and all future characters.

Can I claim a second ship of the same type?

Also no. Because the ships are unlocked for your entire account, you only need to choose each ship once. Therefore, should you purchase a bundle and choose the Quark Class and two non-ship items, if you purchase a second bundle, you won’t be able to choose the Quark Class again.

But I can choose the non-ship items again?

You sure can. You can choose the Experimental Ship Upgrades, Ultimate Tech Upgrades, and Lobi up to three times each, per purchase of the bundle.

Even within the same purchase?

That’s right. If you only want Upgrades, you can purchase this bundle once, choose the Upgrades three times, and get 27 Upgrades. It’s up to you!

What about the Kelvin Packs? How do they work?

Choosing either Kelvin Pack 1 or 2 unlocks all the ships in that pack for your entire account. So choosing Pack 1 grants you the Kelvin Constitution, T'laru, and the d4x for all characters on your account.

Do I have to purchase more than one bundle to get all the items?

Yes.

Do I have to purchase more than one bundle?

No! If you just want the ships, or any other combination, just purchase it once, claim the three items you want, and never think of it again.

Do I have to purchase this bundle?

That’s really up to you, friend.

If Spock teaches Scotty how to do Transwarp Beaming before Scotty invents it himself, but Spock learned it from Scotty, isn't that an infinite temporal loop and a huge paradox?

My head hurts.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11489213-mudd's-into-darkness-and-beyond-choice-pack!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,791 Arc User
    Hm, interesting.

The Vulcan Scout vessel is quite an unique design. And I don't have the single nacelle ship.

I might just actually buy this, if the price isn't too crazy high.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Hm, interesting.

The Vulcan Scout vessel is quite an unique design. And I don't have the single nacelle ship.

I might just actually buy this, if the price isn't too crazy high.

It's $150 (approximately) on during the 50% off sale. Which is actually kind of an amazing deal considering you can pick several packs with multiple ships.

I'm seriously considering picking the vengeance, kelvin pack 1 and 2.

That makes 6 account wide lockbox ships for approx $25 per ship. It's kind of a hell of a deal TBH.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Really surprising to see this. Most of those ships are quite popular/highly valued.

Amusingly, this bundle is also a better value than the 11th anniversary bundle - both in terms of quality of ships/traits/etc. and quantity.
  • Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Is already worth it for the vengeance alone lol, this ship is too beautiful
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Whoa, this is the best value so far in a Mudd's pack if you want these:

- Kelvin Heavy Destroyer/D7 Heavy Destroyer Pack
    - Kelvin T’Laru/D4x/Constitution Pack

5 good ships plus your choice of something else.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I am very likely to buy this one, the Vengeance I'd like to have so I can unlock the hull materials for my legendary JJPrise, the JJ D7 and the Einstein are ships I've always been somewhat interested in, and the D4X would be nice just to be able to complete the console set for the JJPrise.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for linking op! :)

For my performance endeavors the console of kelvin Connie is cool for epg builds. I can clearly pass on the pack tho as I intend to cover that the next time they re release the 10th ani legendary bundle.

As someone who has flown a few of the ships offered here already the past years I’m happy for all who are excited with this pack. It’s just that I don’t need it anymore.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Might be my chance to see what the Vengeance-class hype is all about. Although I do think that by putting the name "...and Beyond" in there, I was kinda hoping to see the Franklin as an option.

That said, good bundle options. Very Tempting.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Having all ships of each possible pack is an interesting addition and makes the $150 price more justifiable if you choose at least one of the two Kelvin packs.

I greatly advise against choosing the Vengeance.
    It's actually very good, but considering it's a lobi ship and one of the most popular and it's unlikely to disappear from the exchange and also unlikely to go beyond 250-300M EC, so I think a better deal overall would be to save EC on other characters and get it that way.
    In contrast, the others are either around 1.5b EC or simply not present in the exchange, especially the Jellyfish-XL.

Of note, from testing all of them on Tribble, if you're interested:

-The Jellyfish-XL is a very angry scout ship with the whole scout ship package (the useless sci ship targetings, the sensor analysis, the basic raider flanking) plus pilot maneuvers and it comes with a unique quad-torpedo launcher that is nice for fans of MORE DAKKA and not bad at all performance-wise (slightly better than normal Kelvin/Altamid torp launcher). The console is OK, but that's it, basically a fancier GW. The ship itself is also great to look at, the textures are gorgeous, and the whole ship is completely animated like in the movie. It also has a lieutenant universal/miracle worker station. Only bad thing is it has the generic, ugly bridge.

-The D4x still has the best animated wings and while fragile, due to being a raider, it's still solid perf-wise and the bridge is very lovely, looking like a Kelvin version of the Klingon bridge from The Motion Picture. The console is nothing fancy, though.

-The T'laru is not the best-looking Romulan ship, but it has a unique bridge that looks more TOS-looking than KT-looking, but still gorgeous, the console is great due to having a scaling cooldown, so it works best used in "burst" activation. It also has unique pets and can equip the Scimitar Drone ships and you know how good those are.

-The Command Konnie was OK, but with the recent improvements of Command abilities, it's more valuable now. The console is great as an escape button or if you need your dread/carrier/beached whale to reach a location fast or rapidly turn around.

-The Kelvin has a pretty nice console for survivability and it has animated turrets that appear when you use its experimental weapon. It also looks gorgeous with the various Kelvin hull materials and has access to all the default fed ones, especially the new Vengeance one.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    This is the first Mudd's bundle I'm actually super excited about. I have the Legendary Konnie, but none of the other ships and will definitely buy this because the bundles are way too good to pass up.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    So the first bundle with 4 ships.... oh my the greed of this company knows no bounds.
    Probably going to skip this one not because a couple of the ships aren't interesting... I think on principle it might be time to cut Cryptic off. Trying to get people to double buy was always cheesy... adding more of the only thing people really want account unlock lockbox/promo ships, dirty dirty move.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    husanakx wrote: »
    So the first bundle with 4 ships.... oh my the greed of this company knows no bounds.
    Probably going to skip this one not because a couple of the ships aren't interesting... I think on principle it might be time to cut Cryptic off. Trying to get people to double buy was always cheesy... adding more of the only thing people really want account unlock lockbox/promo ships, dirty dirty move.

Kelvin Heavy Destroyer/D7 Heavy Destroyer Pack
    Kelvin T’Laru/D4x/Constitution Pack
    Vulcan Experimental Scout Vessel

6 account-unlocked promo and lockbox ships including a D7 and Connie, for $150. Yep, massive greed. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Dang, at first glance this is REAL tempting. Serious deliberation warranted on this Mudd's bundle. Well done Cryptic well done you Ferengi ... :-)

(Ship: Starship Trait: Starship Console)
    Vengeance: Target Rich Environment: Broadside Emitter Array
    Kelvin Heavy Comm Conn: Down But Not Out: Auxillary Ejection Assembly
    D4x: Standoff: Proton Charge Launcher
    T'laru: Highly Specialized: Mining Drill Laser Emitter
    (the 4 ships' consoles are part of a synergy set too)

Vulcan X Scout Vessel: Slippery Target: Eject red Matter

Einstein/D7 Sci Destroyers: Into the Fray: Advanced Engagement System

What I don't know yet is if all or any consoles are restricted to their respective ship or are Universal consoles & for any/all ships. If I read it correctly these unlock for all of an account too for all toons. I'd admitted earlier I don't play as much anymore but if that's true for all Mudd's bundles I'll have to go back & relook at them.
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    Having bought all of the items in the cstore , i am very very annoyed with the positioning of this pack.
    Being forced to choose what ship not to take (in my case) leaves a very bad taste.

I understand the move to high-value purchases to offset the imminent BAN on GAMBLING that is comming to all gaming .. actually thought it a fairly smart way to move the revenue.

But I will definatly not be getting this pack 2x to get all ships ...
    Might even consider not getting it at all this time because of the way the pack is limited now.

And for everybody trolling the thread about the values ....
    High end ships for 50,- a piece is a high price , that was the price in the past for a 3ship pack at introduction.
    Apparently the price of ships is still not high enough for certain people .... This game is indeed quite rapidly going the route of "too expensive to play" ... It already is very expensive , but this is very bad precedent and imho a bad way to get players excited to play and invest in the game....

Very very MUDD indeed ...
  • Options
    jivedutch wrote: »
    High end ships for 50,- a piece is a high price ,...

You can get ALL 5 of these not just one per pack, and now every faction can fly them all:

- Kelvin Heavy Destroyer
    - Kelvin D7 Heavy Destroyer
    - Kelvin T’Laru
    - Kelvin D4x
    - Kelvin Constitution

+ one more choice.

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    25 for a ship might be 'good value', but you can't get one ship for that price. You have to pay 150 in any case, and during a limited time. I want the Kelvin and had hoped for it to be in the Mudd store, but I won't shell out 150 for it, no way.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    therealblackkaostherealblackkaos Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I’m intrigued by this. I could get my Vengeance as well as the other ships & still grind out the event for more goodies. The possibilities are endless. Damn you Cryptic for coming after me with a offer I may not be able to refuse!
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    25 for a ship might be 'good value', but you can't get one ship for that price. You have to pay 150 in any case, and during a limited time. I want the Kelvin and had hoped for it to be in the Mudd store, but I won't shell out 150 for it, no way.

Sure, if you only want one ship for one character the price is almost as high as buying a single-character lock box or promo ship from the exchange.

The Fed Legendary pack is the same: 10 ships for ~$165 (if you buy zen on sale) but if you only want one of them the value goes way down.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,323 Arc User
    As far as i can tell it is probably good value, but personally i am not interested in any of these vessels.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    i'm thinking hard if i'm going to get it or not, its really a great value, and i want to put money where my mouth is... but i do hve most of this ships on different chars.... that's the dilema.. i do not have any kelvin 2 pack thou...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I have the legendary JJprise, so it would depend on the stats/traits of it and the other 2 ships. the kelvin/d7 looks nice and of course i have not picked up the dread yet. 150 is pretty steep though
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    This one would actually be tempting if I just had the money sitting around in my bank, but I don't so thankfully I can avoid the temptation!
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Pretty good deal if you want three of the ship-box picks, pretty bad deal if you want all four ship-box picks without the extras (like the presumably Account-Bound Master Keys), even if still better than gamble-box average prices.
    In addition, everything else in Mudd's Market (except the other three bundles) will be on sale for 75% off from 6/10 at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) - 6/14 at 10am PT (19:00 CEST)!

Was briefly excited until I reread it mentioning the 75% sale is not for any of the other bundles. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for 'Mudd's Day' to hopefully roll around again.
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    [...]

(Ship: Starship Trait: Starship Console)
    Vengeance: Target Rich Environment: Broadside Emitter Array
    Kelvin Heavy Comm Conn: Down But Not Out: Auxillary Ejection Assembly
    D4x: Standoff: Proton Charge Launcher
    T'laru: Highly Specialized: Mining Drill Laser Emitter
    (the 4 ships' consoles are part of a synergy set too)

I've got all the ship consoles and Starship Traits via the now-retired cross-faction packs (Heh. Wonder why they retired them) and from the Vengeance proper on different chars, and most are entertaining at least, if a bit long in the tooth for nowadays's power-crept game. 25% Category 1 (like a Tac console) damage boost for Phaser and Photon for the two-piece is OK, but there's a lot more for Phaser out there that. Three-set seems to be for patching up the Vengeance's lack of Kinetic resist in it's passives, as well as increasing healing which makes my Vengeance a pretty durable ship.

None of the Traits are really meta, but I get some use out of Highly Specialized on builds where I don't have much cooldown management for Specialization abilities.
  • Options
    jfreedjfreed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just to "ruin" the humor, Scotty would have invented Transwarp Beaming without Spocks assistance. Scotty merely learned it sooner rather than later. Certainly a, well, temporal "no-no", there is no major Loop or Paradox involved. At least IMHO. I type this cause I was bored =)
  • Options
    livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    first time i've ever been tempted by a mudd's bundle since i don't have any of those ships. plus that 50 key pack
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    first time i've ever been tempted by a mudd's bundle since i don't have any of those ships. plus that 50 key pack

For the keys, at the 50% discount price, you're saving a hair over 700 Zen over the regular price of keys. Mudd 50 key bundle choice doesn't become a particularly good value until the 75% off sales, and even then that's only if you want to open the boxes and not sell the keys directly as they're very likely account bound for the keys like the Choice of Dread pack's keys were.

Edit: 700Z not 100Z savings. I almost never buy keys off sale, so, I forgot that it's 1125Z per 10.

Post edited by tom61sto on
This discussion has been closed.