test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

V-Rex taken down too fast

I logged into the game (I hang out at the Voth Ground Battlezone), I see that the Dyson Ground Battlezone is almost ready for the V-Rex stage of the battle. I make my way to the Outskirts and there are a few people already there waiting. (Camping) I figured "yeah it's almost time". Finally the Voth started stealing Omega particles, before any of us there could start shooting at the V-Rex, this one guy shot a beam at the rex and he went down in less than a second. It was so fast, the Battlezone Control bars on the side hadn't even finished turning red yet. I was like "wtf". So I turned around and went to the teleporter (I always go to the Park after Outskirts). Halfway to the V-Rex at the park, it went down too. The same guy passed me by heading back to the teleporter. I was like "WHAT THE HELL". I thought "Well I need to get credit for the boss battle, my last chance is the City" I go through the teleporter, appear at the City. I take a peak at the Rex from the Teleporter area, he's got solid Blue Shields and solid Green Health bars. I kick in my Motion Accelerator IV, my frost boots (along with having my +12% Endeavor Sprint, Forward March Specialization, Physical Conditioning +5% Trait) and run as fast as I can to the V-Rex, I see no one around it, it still has full bars of health and Shields, I shoot at it 1 time, and the guy has already got it down in half a second again...

WTF did he have to do that so damn fast? How did he get there so fast?

Comments

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    For me, it's that you can never get there in time. I wish it was more like the Tholian bad guy and you had to join a five or so person team. I had to abandon the Endeavor a few weeks back, because I kept missing the Rex in every zone and I even sat there waiting for it, but despite throwing everything I had at it when I finally was in the right place, at the right time, I didn't get in enough shots to get a reward!
  • Options
    varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I logged into the game (I hang out at the Voth Ground Battlezone), I see that the Dyson Ground Battlezone is almost ready for the V-Rex stage of the battle. I make my way to the Outskirts and there are a few people already there waiting. (Camping) I figured "yeah it's almost time". Finally the Voth started stealing Omega particles, before any of us there could start shooting at the V-Rex, this one guy shot a beam at the rex and he went down in less than a second. It was so fast, the Battlezone Control bars on the side hadn't even finished turning red yet. I was like "wtf". So I turned around and went to the teleporter (I always go to the Park after Outskirts). Halfway to the V-Rex at the park, it went down too. The same guy passed me by heading back to the teleporter. I was like "WHAT THE HELL". I thought "Well I need to get credit for the boss battle, my last chance is the City" I go through the teleporter, appear at the City. I take a peak at the Rex from the Teleporter area, he's got solid Blue Shields and solid Green Health bars. I kick in my Motion Accelerator IV, my frost boots (along with having my +12% Endeavor Sprint, Forward March Specialization, Physical Conditioning +5% Trait) and run as fast as I can to the V-Rex, I see no one around it, it still has full bars of health and Shields, I shoot at it 1 time, and the guy has already got it down in half a second again...

WTF did he have to do that so damn fast? How did he get there so fast?

I know this pain. You fight and capture zones, only to not get to Rex in time, because of campers, and nuke-rs.

Some players dmg is also to much. Fully buffed i can take down Rex, but not as fast as you described, and I must be careful to not loose my boffs, and about its summons.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I'm all for making the zone more fair but I don't trust Cryptic to pull it off without either nerfing the rewards or breaking how the flow of the zone works and the zone does work, what's broken is the a-holes that camp and leech off the work of others that capture the zone to trigger the boss fight.

The camping issue needs to be addressed and the easiest less intrusive way is to add a longer spawn to the V-Rex. It's a time gate and we know how Cryptic love those.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    and this is why i stand clear of the BZ 99% of the time.
    and while your post doesnt say it, you sorta camp as well. (waiting for others to finish the map before the rex makes an appearance - i.e. hanging out - unless it was received wrong my me)

its a bad design as of late. all it is now is for one hit wonders to show off. i like the idea floated above and it has been mentioned before, about 5 man teams, or even make everyone go to point A prior to the spawn, etc. plenty of good ideas floated, but nothing has been done about it yet.

What they said was that it was almost time for them to appear, so they went to one of the spawn sites.

Not sure what can take one down in one shot, but whoever it was must have buffs galore to do it. I fully admit that I can't take one down by myself as I don't min-max or anything. Still, I'm usually able to get enough hits in on one to get the V-Res endeavor.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Why the cuss is there now "transport to V-rex" button?!
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I've said for awhile now that once the vrex actually spawn it needs to teleport everyone back to the command center and let folks run back from there. is that perfect, no but it starts everyone on equal footing. I also think at this point we need to have the vrex spawn with alot more health, or that final phase needs to be changed up a bit. Give it say a 3 minute time and have the vrex respawn. folks can kill as many of them as possible up to a certain maximum reward. just some ideas anyways
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    The teleport idea no longer works when we now apparently have people one-shotting V-Rexes...of course, I can hazard a guess as to how that's happening, and it will probably get fixed quickly.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    The teleport idea no longer works when we now apparently have people one-shotting V-Rexes...of course, I can hazard a guess as to how that's happening, and it will probably get fixed quickly.​​

Other issue with the teleport option is lag. I've used the transporters that can be accessed in the zone and have delays up to a minute before the splash screen disappears despite only instant moving from 1 part of the map to another .
  • Options
    scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    A typical night is I log in with 7 characters.
    Each character, log in, go to Commander Arnold to get the 4 mini missions for the night.
    (Defeat Voth, Call in Reinforcements, Secure, Aquire Battlezone Credits).

More Details into my way of thinking about whether or not to "actively fight".

If I log in and I see that the instance is about to go into V-Rex Boss mode, I check the map to see if 1 more zone is about to be captured, if so, I run to the Outskirts to catch the battle because I know it's going to die before I get there. (There is a blue eh... about to be captured symbol over the red area)

Note: When getting to the V-Rex battle area, YES YOU ARE RIGHT, I MAY STAND THERE A FEW SECONDS, maybe even A minute. I suppose you think this is camping, to each their own I say. The Blue Battlezone Control is solid and like .1% away from going into Boss Battle Mode. Waiting a few seconds-a minute VS someone sitting there the whole time "!= (ne)" the same in my opinion.

Again, if this is your opinion on what justifies camping, then I suppose I am a camper...

IF no zone is being captured, I find the nearest zone that is red and begin to capture it and hope I make it to the V-Rex as fast as I can.

The Camping players, I'm talking about, generally sit at the Boss V-Rex area the entire time the map is being captured by everyone else.

99.9% of the time playing the Voth Ground Battlezone I'm capturing the 2 required zones and only do the Boss Battle if the time is near for it. Else, I don't even bother with waiting for the boss fight.

Please HATE ME more! :(
    Post edited by scorpwanna#3529 on
  • Options
    A typical night is I log in with 7 characters.
    Each character, log in, go to Commander Arnold to get the 4 mini missions for the night.
    (Defeat Voth, Call in Reinforcements, Secure, Aquire Battlezone Credits).

More Details into my way of thinking about whether or not to "actively fight".

If I log in and I see that the instance is about to go into V-Rex Boss mode, I check the map to see if 1 more zone is about to be captured, if so, I run to the Outskirts to catch the battle because I know it's going to die before I get there. (There is a blue eh... about to be captured symbol over the red area)

Note: When getting to the V-Rex battle area, YES YOU ARE RIGHT, I MAY STAND THERE A FEW SECONDS, maybe even A minute. I suppose you think this is camping, to each their own I say. The Blue Battlezone Control is solid and like .1% away from going into Boss Battle Mode. Waiting a few seconds-a minute VS someone sitting there the whole time "!= (ne)" the same in my opinion.

Again, if this is your opinion on what justifies camping, then I suppose I am a camper...

IF no zone is being captured, I find the nearest zone that is red and begin to capture it and hope I make it to the V-Rex as fast as I can.

The Camping players, I'm talking about, generally sit at the Boss V-Rex area the entire time the map is being captured by everyone else.

99.9% of the time playing the Voth Ground Battlezone I'm capturing the 2 required zones and only do the Boss Battle if the time is near for it. Else, I don't even bother with waiting for the boss fight.

Please HATE ME more! :(

Oh the best one is having 7-8 people waitng at the outskirts silo whilst several zones are being recaptured by the Voth in different area and going from needing that final capture point to now needing to capture 5
  • Options
    birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Bump for this one. With the new summer modules this has gotten even worse. Camping the v-rex spawn is pretty much required now if you want your kill reward. Just give the kill reward to everyone in the zone when the last rex drops or time runs out. Too many people get screwed on the rex and never go back. That is certainly how I feel about the TZ bz, but that's another thread.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Yup. Necromancy detected. Putting the Zombie back in the ground.
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.