test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New need\greed system notification or how to see unseen

volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
Simple question: how disable this from screen notification? This is a ton of text that many times don't even help.

Personally, I like old one when we see player name and his roll. But now it's almost hide all screen.
I just play TFO Assault on Terok Nor and notice that you almost can't see notification about correct\incorrect sequence of console when many players try to vote items roll and you try to fast pass second wave. And it's hell, really hell to get right one sequence .

I imagine that devs try their best to do good but when you can't test it you can do worst things. Please add some chat command (if there is no) to disable this or hide to chat bar. Please remove this from screen system notification.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Under 'Notification Settings' from the drop down arrow next to the mini-map there's a setting Squadron Looting, setting it to unchecked for the Fly-In column should remove it. However, there's a good chance it's already unchecked, in which case check it and uncheck it a few times and eventually it should stick to off. You might need to zone/change maps a few times too, but I've usually been able to get it to stick without having too.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I'd like to be able to opt out of the loot system completely so my screen doesn't get spammed in maps like Hive Onslaught or SB1 with basically vendor trash
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd like to be able to opt out of the loot system completely so my screen doesn't get spammed in maps like Hive Onslaught or SB1 with basically vendor trash

Same, it clutters the screen up way too fast.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited May 2021
    The problem with the Need/Greed system is that it really doesn't apply to STO. Everyone can use just about everything. The only things that COULD need a Need/Greed system are kit frames and kit modules (if modules were added as drops) because they're class specific. You can't equip a Sci kit frame on a Tac captain after all.

Its a relic system that is only really relevant when there is class specific gear in play. Of which STO has VERY LITTLE of. And honestly who even pushes Greed anyways in STO?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    And honestly who even pushes Greed anyways in STO?
    I do. Best way to get items for salvage just doing patrols. And often I spam Greed, and sometimes for Rare or VR I press Need

• Options
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Under 'Notification Settings' from the drop down arrow next to the mini-map there's a setting Squadron Looting, setting it to unchecked for the Fly-In column should remove it. However, there's a good chance it's already unchecked, in which case check it and uncheck it a few times and eventually it should stick to off. You might need to zone/change maps a few times too, but I've usually been able to get it to stick without having too.

Thank you. That was unchecked for the Fly-In already. But after double check it's disable loot notification
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    And honestly who even pushes Greed anyways in STO?
    I do. Best way to get items for salvage just doing patrols. And often I spam Greed, and sometimes for Rare or VR I press Need

If you actually want the items you are better off using Need, as that's what most people in STO click even if they only plan on vendoring or salvaging the loot. I personally just hit Pass every time cause I don't want to fill up my inventory and if I ever need salvage I can just grab some cheap items from the exchange.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.