test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boff specialization/training bugs

pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
edited May 2021 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
Specialization stuck:

KDF Acct Romulan Embassy fleet tac Boff acquired and trained. Switched from KDF Miracle Worker ship to Fleet Orion Light Deck Carrier. Attempted to switch spec from MW to Command. Will not leave MW- not for pilot, intel... nothing. Logged out. Returned. No change.

Thus all resources and the Boff itself are wasted other than tac/mw

Side note: this stupid “click-specialization” BS needs removal. Jem Boffs and Holo boffs switch automatically AS IT SHOULD BE. No rhyme nor reason for this cumbersome chore that is bugged.

Stuck Manual:

Attempted to use MW manual: throw Regenerative Nanite Canister III on Borg Engineer Boff. Would not train despite accepting unstable Warp Bube manuals and MW manual VISOR III afterward. Manual did apply after restart.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    Chilllll. Going to give you some advice. Edit your thread it is so full of anger and just coming across as just one big rant. If you have got a legitimate bug explain it in a calm civil manner so it can be investigated by the appropriate people.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,067 Community Moderator
    edited May 2021
    If this is a bug, please give plenty of detail and I will poke AmbassadorKael to see if he's heard of similar instances to pass this up the chain to the Bug Team for investigation.

HOWEVER... eazzie is correct. Please edit your post to remove the aggressive tone, otherwise it will be hit with a close order for being a rant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,722 Community Moderator
    Need more info. First when did this start happening? how many other boffs have you tried this with? is it only one toon it's effecting? does it only do this with certain abilities and so on?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > If this is a bug, please give plenty of detail and I will poke AmbassadorKael to see if he's heard of similar instances to pass this up the chain to the Bug Team for investigation.
    >
    > HOWEVER... eazzie is correct. Please edit your post to remove the aggressive tone, otherwise it will be hit with a close order for being a rant.

Just close the thread then. Sufficient info is given to identify the problem.

It seems the primary reason participation exists on this site is to police the tone of frustrated players experiencing problems rather than addressing the problems themselves.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,722 Community Moderator
    @pulpsmack#4226 You need to step back and take a deep breath, then come back and answer the questions asked if you legitimately want help. I've not closed this just yet because I get it, bugs suck and no one likes them. When myself, my cohort above, or even potentially other forumites ask you questions, these questions are meant to help identify the problem so things can be fixed. There are hundreds and potentially thousands of lines of code that must be looked through when dealing with this stuff. When myself or rattler fire a bug report up the chain, we have to be super specific with this stuff. If the problem can't be reproduced consistently to identify the problem, then it can't be fixed. A single one or zero out of place in the code can bring the entire thing crashing down and cause even worse issues.

While you have given a fair amount of info, it's still not everything that's needed. So in the interest of helping you, I'm going to give you one last chance to answer the questions above. When did this start happening roughly? Have any other boffs been effected such as federation variants? What console patch version are you on? Are those the only manuals you have tried that didn't work? Is this your only toon it's effecting or are there others?

If you're not willing to cooperate at try to answer the questions, then there is nothing we or the devs can do to help you.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator