test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cross Faction Ships in Special Requisition Packs

behrtekkbehrtekk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I am curious. Since the tokens that drop that give you options for ships, some of those are faction based (example: FED Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Cruiser, KLG Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Battlecruiser, ROM Temporal Heavy Dreadnought Warbird). If I choose one of these, will I get a further option to choose which of the 3 or will it default to Character Faction?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    No, it automatically selects the one that matches the faction of the character you opened it on. A Fed would get the Fed version, a KDF would get the KDF version and a Rom would get the Rom version.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No, it automatically selects the one that matches the faction of the character you opened it on. A Fed would get the Fed version, a KDF would get the KDF version and a Rom would get the Rom version.

That's not how Kael explained it would work when cross-faction ships went live, he specifically said the faction based ship boxes would become choice boxes. I haven't tested this myself though.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,218 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > That's not how Kael explained it would work when cross-faction ships went live, he specifically said the faction based ship boxes would become choice boxes. I haven't tested this myself though.

It seems to work like that for some boxes like the temporal science ships like the wells, and some bigger ships, but I think its a little messy with the promo ships
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,511 Arc User
    I did not know they changed it. Still, I would be safe and move it to the character you want it on before trying anything with it.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I am wondering this as well. Will have to test on tribble to be sure when I get a chance.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I would personally LOVE to have the Rommy and Klingon versions of the Wells, etc on my FED Toon.

Is that even possible though? To be knowledge, you could only get one from opening a box on a KDF or ROM Toon, otherwise you'd get the FED option of the ship.

And if you bought one from the exchange...could you open it?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Unless they had footage from the live game (not tribble or any internal test server) to show as an example I'd be wary about simply taking their word for it when opening the gamblebox based ship choice.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    The trouble experienced with testing on Tribble seems to have been that the person trying used the C-Store unlock for cross-faction flying, and Tribble doesn't keep track of your Holodeck C-Store purchases. So, if you have a level 65 KDF port that over and log into that to get cross-faction unlocks and you should be able to try the pack yourself there if you have it.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    It's OT, but I miss the days of Tribble really giving you something to test. I still remember when the Tholian ground battlezone was created and getting the test tribble as a reward.

Are we actually due a new ground battlezone? We've got Defera, Kobali, Tholian, Voth, so much effort into Romulan (and I'm still disappointed that they didn't make that an entirely new faction)...and am I forgetting one?

It did always seem to random that the Kobali and Voth got such an expansion, based on just one episode each of Voyager. I'm not complaining, but still...
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I would personally LOVE to have the Rommy and Klingon versions of the Wells, etc on my FED Toon.

Is that even possible though? To be knowledge, you could only get one from opening a box on a KDF or ROM Toon, otherwise you'd get the FED option of the ship.

And if you bought one from the exchange...could you open it?

I have the MUDD bundle with the Wells and other ships. I can confirm you can get all of them as it lets you select which you want when you open the box, and you can claim the box as often as you want.

I don't know if it works for the non MUDD boxes, or other faction locked ships like the Universe class. Logically it should, but who knows.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I opened an Infinity T6 pack earlier this year, back when the 11th anniversary bundle came out. I picked the Kelvin Divergence Lockbox Ship Pack and, as I recall, when I opened it I had access to any of the ships in it, regardless of faction. (I picked a Kelvin D7 for that char since the D7 wasn't in the anniversary pack.) And this was on Holodeck not Tribble.
This discussion has been closed.