test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Audio Bug when warping in and out of space

brent#0713 brent Member Posts: 3 Arc User
there is no sound when warping in or out of systems this is a discovery account.

here is a video showing the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnSyQ1hRzZc

this issue started after the most recent maintenance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Same thing is happening with my Discovery characters as well. Only happening with those characters, not happening to any other ones. Started with maintenance from 4/15.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    This has been an issue for many years. BTW this should of been posted under GRAPHICAL AND SOUND ISSUES.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    ...this should of been posted under GRAPHICAL AND SOUND ISSUES.
    I'm not so sure - the player isn't having any graphics or sound issues with the game itself.
    The problem is a bug in the game that isn't playing the sound that should be played.

But, if we're quibbling, then "should of" should have been "should've".
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    jameswilliejameswillie Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    This has been an issue for many years. BTW this should of been posted under GRAPHICAL AND SOUND ISSUES.

My one Disco character was created when Disco characters began, the other was created 2 months ago and this bug issue just started for me on both disco characters on 4/15/21. It may be a bug that's been around for years for some people, but its a brand new bug for others.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

My one Disco character was created when Disco characters began, the other was created 2 months ago and this bug issue just started for me on both disco characters on 4/15/21. It may be a bug that's been around for years for some people, but its a brand new bug for others.

I'm having the same problem. As you say, it just started for me within the last week or two along with my Advanced Phasers not having any sounds.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    Yea... I noticed this... AND that Advanced Phasers off the Disco Connie are silent. And I tested the phasers on a KDF... also silent.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... I noticed this... AND that Advanced Phasers off the Disco Connie are silent. And I tested the phasers on a KDF... also silent.

Could they have accidentally transferred part of the bug from consoles to PC? Since consoles have this problem with several weapons and not to mention the silent Gamma Quadrant missions.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    I don't know. I could try asking Kael about it, but I kinda find it hard for something to transfer from Console to PC because technically speaking PC is actually ahead of console in terms of version.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User

I noticed this, too. I know there's no sound in space, but my poor Disco Connie has been extra quiet lately. :(
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    karleya09karleya09 Member Posts: 20 Arc User

I was wondering why I wasn't hearing anything on my Disco-Connie tonight. Thought they removed it because the sound was getting too annoying...haha :p
    hwRjIGn.gif