test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need a little Advice on a store purchase

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
It won't be until July but here is my dilemma. If you had the choice what would make more sense to acquire. The Quark Marauder? or a Second Lifetime subscription for an Alternate account? Now for myself hands down the Quark ship and the Nandi are my all time favorites for this game. So having that ship unlocked for my mains would be a boon. But the price tag on it wholly, which leaves me to wonder, would it be better to just invest in a second account lifetime sub? I have no idea how long they intend to keep Quarks ship in the Mudd's shop but it is a solid toss up on what to choose? anyone have any insight what would be the best idea to go for? and those who have the ship unlocked account wide, what are your take on it? i got lucky this month and received one for my KDF character in an infinity Lock Box. So i am very much glued to it. anyhow some helpful insights might make me make the right choice or at least the best choice for the price...

Oh forgot to mention i live in Canadia soo our dollar sucks, Either of those purchases i need to fork over pretty much an extra $100 just for exchange and that is why i want to make a good choice.
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    The Mudd's store bundles typically only stay around a few months
    • Mudd's Stealing Time Choice Pack: May 21, 2020 to August 4, 2020
    • Mudd's Faith of the Heart Choice Pack: August 4, 2020 to November 20, 2020
    • Mudd's Choice Pack of Dread!: November 20, 2020 to March 18, 2021
    • Mudd's Outta this Wormhole Choice Pack!: March 18, 2021 - ?
    As far as I am aware, none of the packs have come back once they were removed(I could be wrong on this)

By the time July rolls around it will likely have cycled out, going by the past bundles. So you may only really have the lifetime account available.

Ok thanks! i really was wondering about that cycle I Might have to up it To a June purchase then, lifetime is one thing but that ship to never come back and have it unlocked account wide really changes the decision for me. again thanks for letting me know!

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    All 2020 bundles returned at a 75% discount for 2 days around Christmas last year.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    All 2020 bundles returned at a 75% discount for 2 days around Christmas last year.

Oh yeah i forgot about that! Awesome Thanks!

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I would never get a second account when it is also just for me. Why? I can't think of a good reason for that. You'd have none of the ships on your old account, have to do some more complicated trading between characters, and none of the reputation sponsorships you earned on the first account.

But it is also likely true that this bundle won't be available again until the Christmas season.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    That's why I didn't pick up the Wormhole Bundle when it came out at 50% off. I'll wait for Christms and get it for 75% off. Including Mudd's Market Ship Bundles in the current 20% off Bundle Sale makes it look like they hope for some people purchasing Mudd's Market stuff at the high prices regardless of the cutesy disclaimers in the write-ups.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I would never get a second account when it is also just for me. Why? I can't think of a good reason for that. You'd have none of the ships on your old account, have to do some more complicated trading between characters, and none of the reputation sponsorships you earned on the first account.

But it is also likely true that this bundle won't be available again until the Christmas season.

Second account would be banking for Key sales Or Phoenix Upgrades, because you can upgrade the crafted gear and put it on the market. which would double my output of an endless EC income or the need to get keys for my lovingness of opening boxes... without ever needing to spend anything else in this game. as it stands now my main account has nothing left i want on the EC market aside from saving for the 998m 100 stack keys. I have gotten to the point the only ship i truly want unlocked account wide would be the Quark Marauder. Oh and just the reman and Kardashian race 's that's about it...

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Have you considered a console account if you want to start over on building an empire?

I play on PC and xbox now, and it's a fun change of pace to play on my 55" OLED. There's not much point to a LTS on console though since there is no 500 zen stipend, unless you really want the Chimera/Mantichore and fireworks.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    bcstar wrote: »

Second account would be banking for Key sales Or Phoenix Upgrades, because you can upgrade the crafted gear and put it on the market. which would double my output of an endless EC income or the need to get keys for my lovingness of opening boxes... without ever needing to spend anything else in this game. as it stands now my main account has nothing left i want on the EC market aside from saving for the 998m 100 stack keys. I have gotten to the point the only ship i truly want unlocked account wide would be the Quark Marauder. Oh and just the reman and Kardashian race 's that's about it...

I *think* Reman is a free unlock under certain conditions...

I know the playable Reman race is a free unlock under certain conditions, not sure what those are though. All I know is that shortly after I started playing on Console, I was making a new Romulan Republic character and noticed I could make a Reman. Never purchased it, don't know how I unlocked it. Maybe it was from getting my first character, a Romulan to level 60 (was that the level cap back then).
  • Options
    Have you considered a console account if you want to start over on building an empire?

I play on PC and xbox now, and it's a fun change of pace to play on my 55" OLED. There's not much point to a LTS on console though since there is no 500 zen stipend, unless you really want the Chimera/Mantichore and fireworks.

Funny thing is the other account i want the lifetime for on PC Has the lifetime sub for PS4 and i do have a KDF recruit who is 65 and about half done the recruit stuff... I love it to bits but like I said I am moving soon and with my play schedule being 24/7 pretty much I am a tad worried of power outages in the area and how the console would react to it. I really do enjoy console heaps but I Might seem like a small whale in this game but having to buy a new PS5 these days if I got a power surge. would not help, Then again i might have to look into a power surge protector with a small Battery in it. but that might be something ill have to look into once I get done settling in. LOL

• Options
    Powering a big TV probably won't work but a battery for just the console is easy. Also, your TV + gear should always be on a decent power strip with surge protection, not plugged directly into the wall.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,524 Arc User
    Console always seems to be like a second class citizen in STO, PC always seems to get more stuff and also get it sooner (though that impression is second hand and could easily be wrong, I don't have a console to know first hand).
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Console always seems to be like a second class citizen in STO, PC always seems to get more stuff and also get it sooner (though that impression is second hand and could easily be wrong, I don't have a console to know first hand).

Console gets everything now, just a few weeks later. Except rare things where it causes a problem with Sony or Microsoft, like offering a zen stipend with the lifetime sub.

The delay is partly because Sony and Microsoft must approve every patch.

The console UI is even nicer in one way: the radial menus are harder to use, but in return you can set many powers to auto-fire and choose the conditions. So if you have Hazard Emitters you can say to auto-fire it when hull is below 75%, or 50%, or when you're affected by a DOT. For Polarize Hull you can say 75%, 50%, or when affected by control.

This discussion has been closed.