test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Voices on PS4 Version of Star Trek Online

When u play the mission Shadow Play T'Kela, & T'MANDA, S'TENN, RELKEN , XERETH & the romulan star empire guarding the planet are all missing voices. Please investigate as soon as possible

Comments

• Options
    captainharris39#1286 captainharris39 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I was playing the story mission Storm Clouds Gather & certain voices r missing from the characters that u r suppose to talk to like Admiral Quinn & Odo, it will let u play the mission but certain characters won't talk, Also there r alot of voices missing in New Romulus missions & throughout the Gamma Quadrant missions in general & also there is a missing voice for Admiral Quinn at the end of the mission Plausibility of the Possible in Age of Discovery, Admiral Quinn will pop up to talk to u like he also does at the end of certain missions but he will not speak. Please take your time and play thru all the missions starting from the Age of Discovery missions & u will find that there r alot of voices missing in so many episodes.
    Post edited by captainharris39#1286 on
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I can confirm this bug. In addition to losing Odo's voice (very jarring to not have him speaking during the Swarm TFO), we seem to have lost Nog as well in some missions. Please don't take these voices away from us. :-(
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I'll confirm it as well. Odo used to speak in The Swarm TFO until very recently. Could it be that the patch at the beginning of the month is what broke him, Nog and so many others?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    sarkeologistsarkeologist Member Posts: 1 New User
    Also having this issue on the PS4. All of the DS9 voice acting has disappeared, not only from the Gamma Quadrant missions but also any other instances where DS9 voice actors occur. So for instance Garak in 'Temporal Ambassador' doesn't have Andrew Robinson's voice and instead has the Cardassian Rugan Skyl's voice. Other characters like Quark in his bar are completely silent, as is Odo when he's giving missions like The Swarm STO. Is there any fix for this issue?
  • Options
    neoblisseyxneoblisseyx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Good news (as far as Nog and Odo are concerned, at least): Those characters' voices are back in the game!

Played Delta Recruit tutorial and Nog spoke fine.

Played Swarm TFO on a different character and Odo was there as well!
  • Options
    captainharris39#1286 captainharris39 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    If u play thru the Diplomatic Orders mission u will notice some missing voices here & there like Aide T'Pela voice is missing when u r on Vulcan to pick up the Ambassador & then later the Ambassadors voice is missing at certain key points too. Please investigate as soon as possible
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Dude Why are you creating multiple threads regarding this subject matter. You only need to create one and only one. The other two that you created will most probably merged with this one. You can get into serious trouble for spamming. Word of caution dude. Stop it.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @captainharris39#1286 please don't create so many duplicates of a thread as it clutters up the forums and prevents other reports from being seen as easily. If you need to add to or amend a report you can do that. If you are unsure how to do so, you can contact myself, my cohorts @rattler2 or @wingedhussar#7584 and we can walk you through the process. Bug reports within reason are also the exception to the necroposting rule as it allows us to track the life of a bug easier.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator