test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't Bridge officers use off duty uniform options?

So many outfit unlocks are stuck in the off duty tab, making them unusable for bridge officers. I'm a little annoyed that the winter survival outfit, which I picked up to use on my andorian boff, is considered off duty and can't be used -_-

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,527 Arc User
    Unlock the tailor, bring down the walls!

Some people will be offended by the inevitable bikini and speedo squads, but we see that already with Orion men and women.

"Not canon?" There are already many non-canon options for boffs, why not let them match whatever theme a person has chosen?
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I very much agree. It's well past time to unlock the tailor, so one may customize crew as they see fit.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User

Some people will be offended by the inevitable bikini and speedo squads, but we see that already with Orion men and women.

"Not canon?" There are already many non-canon options for boffs, why not let them match whatever theme a person has chosen?

why would anyone be offended by that? If you got a nice bod flaunt it, I'm still waiting for a topless option for non Orion and non Gorn males, what's the point of having muscles if I can't show them off.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    All uniforms should be in one same unique category without restrictions.

I want to be able to have a nice formal dress... with several bandoliers covered in grenades, pouches, knives and bandages, to go all McClane/Janeway on baddies, as if they decided to storm a reception and I could only ask my team to quickly beam me some tools to take them down fast.

As for the classic "but muh clipping!" excuse, to Gre'thor with it, there are already so many combinations of pieces of clothing that clip like crazy, so let people experiment with the tailor to take advantages of that.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    Because they're your bridge officers, you only interact with them when they're on duty, even when off duty it was common to see officers still in uniform.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I assume that it's a leftover artifact of the way that outfits and boffs were implemented into the game. By default, the player character cannot use "off duty" outfits on it's default or first outfit slot. And boffs only have 1 outfit slot. You'd think this would be easy to fix but, as we all know, Cryptic is averse to easy fixes to player complaints if they don't somehow generate revenue.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    This so needs to happen. Why can't I equip my Ferengi Crew in my Ferengi Marauder in Ferengi outfits? This isn't Rocket Science. Especially given how haphazard it is that various outfits get seemingly dropped into various categories. (While we are at it could we please finally take the damned JemHadar Armor off of the default outfit for every freaking outfit category?)

As an added plus it would be real nice to be able to toggle between a few preset outfits for my Away Team Boff's. The ability to toggle on Winter Coats or Warm Weather Gear for instance.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,527 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Because they're your bridge officers, you only interact with them when they're on duty, even when off duty it was common to see officers still in uniform.

You're ignoring that they can already wear uniforms from other eras, the mirror universe, the Jem'Hadar and Section 31, etc. and that captains can wear even more. Is a torn TOS uniform more appropriate than a baseball outfit?

How about while flying a Tholian Tarantula for that "on duty" mission?

Canon and "proper" uniforms haven't been a requirement since the first lock box. So let us do what we want with all the outfits instead of the current mix of canon and -whatever-.

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User

You're ignoring that they can already wear uniforms from other eras, the mirror universe, the Jem'Hadar and Section 31, etc. and that captains can wear even more. Is a torn TOS uniform more appropriate than a baseball outfit?

How about while flying a Tholian Tarantula for that "on duty" mission?

Canon and "proper" uniforms haven't been a requirement since the first lock box. So let us do what we want with all the outfits instead of the current mix of canon and -whatever-.

Doesn't matter...those are all duty uniforms for officers that are always seen on duty. Doesn't matter what ship they're serving on, they're still on duty

Did Riker change into casual wear when he severed on that BoP? Did Kurn change out of his Klingon armor when he was serving on the Enterprise?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited March 2021

Doesn't matter...those are all duty uniforms for officers that are always seen on duty. Doesn't matter what ship they're serving on, they're still on duty

So you're saying that my Captain isn't on duty during missions? Because she can wear all sorts of random TRIBBLE while standing on the bridge giving orders, leading a squad down a tunnel in a secret base, or negotiating with aliens during a first contact.
    Did Riker change into casual wear when he severed on that BoP? Did Kurn change out of his Klingon armor when he was serving on the Enterprise?

I don't remember, but - were there any episodes where a bridge officer had to rush from the holodeck (where they were dressed as cowboys/Sherlock Holmes/whatever) to the bridge during an emergency situation? Or from their quarters, where they were in nightclothes or other "off duty" attire?

why would anyone be offended by that?

In previous years, threads asking to unlock the tailor options (which usually popped up around Risa time, with people complaining that beachwear was restricted to Just Risa) were met with pearl-clutching about how, if they let you wear bikinis anywhere, ESD would be deluged with semi-naked women, and Won't Someone Think Of The Canon?!?!?! /eyeroll
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    In previous years, threads asking to unlock the tailor options (which usually popped up around Risa time, with people complaining that beachwear was restricted to Just Risa) were met with pearl-clutching about how, if they let you wear bikinis anywhere, ESD would be deluged with semi-naked women, and Won't Someone Think Of The Canon?!?!?! /eyeroll
    Plus, you don't need to have access to Risan outfits to see characters in skimpy outfits, since they can just grab some pieces of clothing and paint them the same color as their skin.

Heck, I used that little "trick" with my Ferasan, coloring the fur arm covers of the Klingon outfit to make her look more buff.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    This so needs to happen. Why can't I equip my Ferengi Crew in my Ferengi Marauder in Ferengi outfits? This isn't Rocket Science. Especially given how haphazard it is that various outfits get seemingly dropped into various categories. (While we are at it could we please finally take the damned JemHadar Armor off of the default outfit for every freaking outfit category?)

As an added plus it would be real nice to be able to toggle between a few preset outfits for my Away Team Boff's. The ability to toggle on Winter Coats or Warm Weather Gear for instance.

This right here. I was more than mildly irritated to have spent lobi for the outfit for my crew and they couldn't wear it.

• Options
    haysteryt#1127 haysteryt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    just to throw my 2 pence into the hat.
    I agree with the idea of Off-Duty for your officers. It's not completely unreasonable to believe there are moments where an off-duty officer has been caught off-guard and has to rush to their post. Even if it's not directly from the cannon.

Another point to add is the fact that the Captain can wear their off-duty when on duty, yes it might not be the swimwear from Risa but it would make sense that if the Captain of the ship comes out wearing off-duty then the officers would too.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,052 Community Moderator
    Whoa! Caught a Necro here. Bad Zombie!
    @haysteryt#1127 please be aware that we have a necroposting rule on the forums. Threads 30+ days old are considered dead unless an exception is allowed. Please pay attention to when the last post was made in the future.

*casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.