test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heavy Transphasic Grenade Launchers?

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
Have they considered making the very large artilliery like peices available as captains kits? this is in one of the vadwaar missions. I use quantum mortars with extra proc and would replace it in a heartbeat for an extra large turret build.

This game has so many things that could be done if they would just develop it fully. Half of it is already in the game. They just need the connecting infrastructure and make it more of a living breathing world and utilize everything. They could even bring back the old stuff. Time travel and a temporal authority pretty much gives them the ability to do anything. And half of the cool stuff is already in the game. Just need realistic restriction(not very many in star trek.) and the places to use them. They could always make mortars and bigger items work in a limited or destructive manner in doors. Blowing up a base and the nation charging you(assuming they use money or can't just beam in replacement) is a good limit. The others are things like needing height for damage increase realistically(assuming energy bombs need it.) and direction damage etc. There is a reason I use the main big engineering shields. Engineers could way more interesting with some more realism in the game.

FYI instancing is single player with the option for multiplayer. There is no reason to not maximize the maps beyond just spawn units and mini games. Games have had better as long as there have been games. But MMO's refuse to do it. Games should be advancing not standing still. These types of designs should have been automated and mapped out long ago to use in all game. The logic should be well known by now.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,052 Community Moderator
    I think the Delta Rep Neutronic Mortar is a bit bigger.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Bigger explosion, but I think the object itselt is the same size as quantum mortars.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,178 Arc User
    sierra078 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

Bigger explosion, but I think the object itselt is the same size as quantum mortars.
    Unless I missed a change the Neutronic Mortar object is much bigger then the Quantum Mortars.
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I think they are all the exact same model except the grenade launchers.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,006 Arc User
    Isn't the only difference between the regular mortar and the reputation neutronic mortar is that the latter also has reduced movement speed and minus energy damage for 5 sec as modifiers?
    aftulus wrote: »
    ...making the very large artillery like pieces available as captains kits?
    I hear ya. You want something BIG >:)
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    So.. if I understand correctly, what you're wanting is more screen bloat?

We have a bunch of 'artillery support' options now, and they have added several new turrets to the game(from the Biotech laser, to the quick and deadly Ambush Turrets, to the interlinking electric fence-like Chain Conduits, to the Obelisks.. to name only a handful).
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,006 Arc User
    Just because screen bloat is an in thing with Cryptic doesn't mean larger size should be equated with obscuring vision. Current mortars are very easy on the eyes. It does seem like bling sells though.
This discussion has been closed.