test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Low level characters have lost access to the account bank

tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
As the title says. All my low level bank characters have lost access to the account bank with the last patch. That's not exactly funny considering how much stuff I have on many such characters.

Comments

• Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    How low is low level? Are they characters of allied factions who have not chosen a side yet?

Just checking to see if this may be related to recent changes Cryptic seems to be trying to make. There have been some...side effects. :p
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I have this problem on a level 5 romulan that right before the last patch had access to my account bank. Though my level 3 human Fed can still access it. And unless this is a bug. I was able to access the account bank on all characters the moment they could reach a bank prior to this. Whether it was a Romulan or AoY or Disco character.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    I have this problem on a level 5 romulan that right before the last patch had access to my account bank. Though my level 3 human Fed can still access it. And unless this is a bug. I was able to access the account bank on all characters the moment they could reach a bank prior to this. Whether it was a Romulan or AoY or Disco character.

They made numerous changes to how characters that have not sided with Starfleet or the Klingon Defense Force works yet, you need to choose an allegiance.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Have you chosen your allegiance and played Home if it is a Jem'Hadar?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    gromrosch#6345 gromrosch Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I also can't access the bank with a low level plain and simple starfleet character anymore. I assume it's a "level 0" bug? I didn't test every level, but my level 9 one works.

Not that I can't level up a few characters but one of them is holding the boxes it has for a reason (getting lvl 2 weapons out of them to upgrade cheaply) :*

Also.... this worked before the last patch so I would say it's a bug.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Has that Fed character played their faction tutorial? Have they also left the century they are in to the year 2409 and to what is now 2411? As well as played Galaxy At Large? Unless proven otherwise I do not believe this is a bug.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    Just a thought, but the change that was made re. point 2 in this Tweet, might also have affected why some characters do not have access to the Account Bank any more.

Have your characters completed their fraction tutorials?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options

They made numerous changes to how characters that have not sided with Starfleet or the Klingon Defense Force works yet, you need to choose an allegiance.

I initially had access, then it vanished. If taking away my ability to play the game is the way forward. Why bother trying to sell me any ships?
    Very disappointing.

• Options

I initially had access, then it vanished. If taking away my ability to play the game is the way forward. Why bother trying to sell me any ships?
    Very disappointing.

Is there a reason you don't want to level/choose a faction?
  • Options
    tagen wrote: »

Very disappointing.

Who said I don't want to choose a faction? I made a Romulan to fly a Romulan T6 ship with Vash disruptors. I find all the odd weapons that come out. I used lobi to buy the Romulan miners outfit. I want to play using things other than the mk.I plasma pistol before I do ten missions and have to pick a side. Is that a crime now? And this is on top of research assignments will not open on any character. All of my new characters get the 'You do not meet the requirements for that' for things dropped to me in the tutorials. Hey go shoot holograms, oops can't equip the phaser. And with all this broken the priority is to take abilities away.

• Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    Whoops. I made a new thread about this 'cause I didn't see this one.

Made a new Romulan after having fun with my new Klingon recruit. Have some stuff in the AB that I wanted to send over, but no, Cryptic doesn't want us having fun any more.

Of course, plain ol' STARFLEET recruits still get EVERYTHING (including stuff in the Events tab) right off the bat (post-tutorial).

Irks the heck out of me.
  • Options
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    Of course, plain ol' STARFLEET recruits still get EVERYTHING (including stuff in the Events tab) right off the bat (post-tutorial).
    Some Event items are faction-specific and require you to pick an ally before you can access Events.
    (Although, with the cross-faction flying unlock, this seems a lot less logical now.)
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    madeyejudemadeyejude Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Reported and send a ticket about this as well. I have the same problem with a level 10 Romulan, the tutorial was finished. I had access before, after the last patch not anymore. It sucks as on this toon was some items stored as well.
  • Options
    madeyejude wrote: »
    Reported and send a ticket about this as well. I have the same problem with a level 10 Romulan, the tutorial was finished. I had access before, after the last patch not anymore. It sucks as on this toon was some items stored as well.

You still don't have access after choosing a faction?

I believe it was intentional in the patch to restrict what low level / unaligned characters could access. Something about an exploit, though I am not sure what that could have been. I suppose my mind isn't devious enough. (I'll have to work on that. :D )
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Just a thought, but the change that was made re. point 2 in this Tweet, might also have affected why some characters do not have access to the Account Bank any more.

OK, so I've spent the afternoon creating characters and testing this. All characters I created did not gain access to the Account Bank until after I had completed the tutorial.

For Starfleet characters, this was after I had spoken with Admiral Quinn at Spacedock.
    For KDF characters, this was after I completed "The Hunt Is On".
    For the Romulan Republic and Dominion, this was after I had chosen an ally.
    I have yet to test TOS/DSC Starfleet, but my experiences so far suggest they will not have account bank access until after they reach the correct 'time' in their story arcs.
  • Options

OK, so I've spent the afternoon creating characters and testing this. All characters I created did not gain access to the Account Bank until after I had completed the tutorial, and chosen an ally.
    I have yet to test TOS/DSC Starfleet, but my experiences so far suggest they will not have account bank access until after they reach the correct 'time' in their story arcs.

The second part of that explains the need to choose an ally.

As for the others, I know at least DSC does not have access until they are in the correct time after the tutorial. The banks don't seem to exist before then on the limited map.
  • Options
    zaccar#5080 zaccar Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    yeah i hate it, only workaround is to craft/buy low level stuff and send it via mail to oneself..... cant send everything too. and choosing a allied faction does not do it, jemhadar after becomming ally still had no bank access.

what i hate even more that we have to seek out twitter, reddit and the likes to get information from devs about the game with an official web site.
  • Options

Very disappointing.

Actually I can think of one good reason to not level and move into the correct time/faction.
    AoY characters have access to vendors to buy AoY crew, skills, and gear. From hand phasers to ship weapons. You need the bank to get the EC and you need access to the dil exchange. A character in the past can pickup skill manuals and low end gear to be passed up to people in the present. Other wise you have vendors with almost no use since the missions in the past don't generate much EC to let you pick those things up natively.

I have not seen similar vendors for DSC and the flotilla is available at anytime so those resources are unaffected. But it means a Rom character can't get any kind of unique setup for seven missions if you skip the tutorial. Eleven missions if you play said tutorial. Base fed can do all this without doing one mission.

• Options
    shadow4fox3shadow4fox3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I totally agree, and that is why I have left two characters in the past. A TOS captain and a DSC captain, just for the purpose of getting the ship weapons, ground weapons from both era's and ship gear for the TOS era. But now both characters don't have access to the account bank.
  • Options

Very disappointing.

Actually I can think of one good reason to not level and move into the correct time/faction.
    AoY characters have access to vendors to buy AoY crew, skills, and gear. From hand phasers to ship weapons. You need the bank to get the EC and you need access to the dil exchange. A character in the past can pickup skill manuals and low end gear to be passed up to people in the present. Other wise you have vendors with almost no use since the missions in the past don't generate much EC to let you pick those things up natively.

I have not seen similar vendors for DSC and the flotilla is available at anytime so those resources are unaffected. But it means a Rom character can't get any kind of unique setup for seven missions if you skip the tutorial. Eleven missions if you play said tutorial. Base fed can do all this without doing one mission.
    I totally agree, and that is why I have left two characters in the past. A TOS captain and a DSC captain, just for the purpose of getting the ship weapons, ground weapons from both era's and ship gear for the TOS era. But now both characters don't have access to the account bank.

That is a very good point. I had not thought there were things only available in those past instances.

If some lovely players out there have discovered an exploit that Cryptic is sealing over with these restrictions, maybe there are other solutions for getting that gear.

Maybe reduce the costs in the tutorial instances so characters there can buy it without access to bank funds (may need to be made character bound in this case?), then also add vendors in the future who can sell these "antiquities". They will probably cost more (inflation, of course), but at least they'd be accessible for people who want them for theme builds.