test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

YA think we'll get a Reputation System on the Disco-Klingons?

robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
I'm sure we already have Klingon tech and themes sprinkled across all the Reputation systems. However I wonder if we'll get a Reputation System that is focused on the Disco-Klingons.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Not on the Dsc Klingons, but there as the Fek'lhr story line progresses the odds of a reputation from it increases.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I think cryptic "moved on" from reps to hading out new grear and maps via events entierly.

Less effort and flexebility for them and far less sliders to pull each day for us. I can live with that.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    I really do not want another reputation but revamp the ones we currently have.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I hope not.. we already have way too many reputations as it is.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Every alt makes it that much more painful.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    What I would like to see reputation wise would be
    1. a beam variant and a cannon variant for all reputation space weapon sets.
    2. a variant for every energy type for all reputation space weapon sets.
    3. unique kit frames for all reputations and expand the ground sets to have 4pc bonuses if you also equip the kit frame.
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I want one more reputation, just so that my triskaidekaphobia isn't triggered.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Probably not. The DSC Klingons are the primary enemies in the Discovery rep so it doesn't make sense.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Iirc the DSC reputation already includes the DSC Klingons (if only a little) in that its secondary energy is disruptor.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User

While you aren't wrong, at the same reason, the main reason to even start an alt is because there's nothing new for old existing characters to do.

And while painful, reps are mostly optional, since most of them are pretty much useless in terms of gear they give.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2021
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I really do not want another reputation but revamp the ones we currently have.

It was Nice when they went REP 6 and expanded it! Still I think the # of them is quite vast, still I'd always like to see a few Gear or Item Projects given, not so much to 'revamp' but to expand a few choices in 'some' REP's. Some have no Ground items, and others have 3 space sets; and/or 2-3 Ground Sets.

Specifically it be real nice to see A Romulan &/or Reman Ground Armor for the Republic. They are one of the few that have no Ground Tailor unlock, and it be nice for them to expand outfits. Perhaps offer a Outfit alternative for the non Romulan races or those in Alliance too. I just think that be real nice, to see given the limited choices for Romulan outfits...

Still I think I saw someone else comment most new stuff seems is Event Driven now, which is also fine with me, gives Mudd an opportunity for him to sell stuff if you miss the Event.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Indeed.. chugging through 13 reps per alt really sucks.. even with the accelerated progression.
    discojer wrote: »
    And while painful, reps are mostly optional, since most of them are pretty much useless in terms of gear they give.

Some of the reps are useless.. yes. With my KDF Recruit though, I mapped out the rep items I use both ground and space as well as looked at the ground and space traits that I like to use and quickly came to the conclusion that it was easier to just go all in and progress all of them at once. When you really break down how much you use from Reputation tracks, the list is actually quite extensive for many of us.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I hope not. The Discovery reputation made no sense at all to me. How is 'Discovery' a faction you can gain reputation with.

Plus the names for the items and traits were stupid.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Likely gonna be a Fek'ihri related rep group, with anti-proton fire-proc weapons.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User

This.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Likely gonna be a Fek'ihri related rep group, with anti-proton fire-proc weapons.

If they are still making reputations then that might be a good one depending on how it was handled, but I doubt they will make another one this soon after DSC (if ever).
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

This sounds like a good lobi set idea.
  • Options
    robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User

If they are still making reputations then that might be a good one depending on how it was handled, but I doubt they will make another one this soon after DSC (if ever).

Dude that would rock!

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I think cryptic "moved on" from reps to hading out new grear and maps via events entierly.

Less effort and flexebility for them and far less sliders to pull each day for us. I can live with that.

So you can live with them basically putting little effort into improving the game? You can live with the game being stagnant and little more than a cash grab these days?

So it's people like you we have to thank for STO being in such poor shape! Thank you! :|
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

They used to add multiple reps a year...we haven't gotten a single one in two years.

We aren't getting new reputations...they're just going to continue with their lazy uninspired monthly events...they've already got that all planned out with the next major grind that will probably last us till the summer event
This discussion has been closed.