test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you planning to buy the anniversary bundle?

2»

Comments

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    No
    For the price they are asking and the selection of ships already in game and how casual and easy Normal and Advanced difficulty is, I can't justify purchasing a Luxury item that is not value for the money being asked.

Instead of these Legendary ships there are still canon ships missing from the C-Store such as the Nova/Oberth/Steamrunner/Saber and Norway classes.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    No
    A side-note: Kael just confirmed that Holo-Worf is account-unlocked but no traits were detailed.

Worf is Tac of course, no space traits: Aggressive, Superior Honor, Superior Photonic Lifeform, & Warrior.
    Post edited by foppotee#4552 on
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    No
    Every time I go back and look at the bundle, I realize I'd really like the ships. I could do a lot with them. I did buy the 10th anniversary bundle and have no regrets.

But a lot of the 11th one is stuff I can't use or don't want, and that makes the price feel too high. So I keep coming to the same conclusion: nope.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    No
    > @eladonwarps#6040 said:
    > Every time I go back and look at the bundle, I realize I'd really like the ships. I could do a lot with them. I did buy the 10th anniversary bundle and have no regrets.
    >
    > But a lot of the 11th one is stuff I can't use or don't want, and that makes the price feel too high. So I keep coming to the same conclusion: nope.

I'm in a similar boat. I'd actually enjoy the ships since I don't own any of the original counterparts, but the asking price is too high for so many junk items that Don't interest me. If it was closer to 15k zen in price I might consider it, but I'd rather just have a version of the bundle without all the fluff items.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    No
    Extremely poor value at this price and with the current contents, not a patch on the original bundle. For a new player, which this seems to be trying to entice, the likes of the Vanguard bundle represents far better value.

Halve the price, drop the fluff = better value = purchase x 5 (its an Autism/OCD thing) = $500 in sales versus $0 as things stand.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    No
    Saying last year's bundle was a "good deal" would be a stretch ( the stuff in it was surprisingly decent, but still overpriced), but ten ships with some very exclusive visual options and a ship-only-version was a much better offer than four ships that are widely available with only one having considerable improvements over other T6-versions.

Plus, you pay 100 bucks for gambleboxes, a costume and a holo-boff and they didn't announce an option without that fluff lol.

And them saying "ten ships is just not reasonable" when still charging the same price they charged for ten ships is facepalm-territory.

The Lexcelsior is nice, but not 200-bucks-nice.
  • hostagekittyhostagekitty Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    No
    No. Its a lousy deal.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    No
    If the price was different and all the bloatware would be gone I would purchase it. But the ships are not nearly good enough or legendary enough from their stats and layouts that I would want them. The only real improvement is the Excelsior and I have no use for T6 coupons, god knows if they even keep making T6 ships and if they do how many a year 1 or 2? Nah I'm good. I already regret that i got the Legendary Walker Bundle with lots of useless blowout stuff for expensive zen. Don't want that regret happen again, so I pass on this bundle unless the price changes significantly.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    No
    Not getting it. I really don't feel like the price is reasonable. Those ships don't give me the feeling "WOAAAAH MAN I HAVE TO GET 'EM!" The legendary fed bundle included 10 ships for the similar price. I'd be really dumb to pay that price for 4 ships + gamble stuff. So I just took a look at that bundle and felt like its a good time to unpack my disco connie for my fresh klink toon. Drew Jolly Roger on the hull and it's a fine klink ship now. Enjoing it a lot more than I'd enjoyed that bundle.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    No
    First legendary pack (the 10 fed ships) was worth the large price tag. The various packs since then have offered, in my opinion, value equivalent to about 60% (or less) of what they're charging.

They misjudged the response on the first pack and decided people would pay any amount for 'legendary'. Of course now that they've set the precedents, they will simply offer the same packs later in discounts until they find out what sells.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    Yes
    Simply put, they will make very nice upgrades to some of my tank builds compared to the previous incarnations.

Cool. Good thing they updated those stats from what they originally were :p

I'm certainly not complaining they fixed/updated the stats, but they would have been upgrades for me either way. For my tanks I typically prefer beefier ships like cruisers or dreadnoughts. If I'm going to run something smaller like a battlecruiser then this Vorcha has a layout that works great for me. For me I love the defensives you can get from the Command tree as they've pulled my rear end out of the fire many times. Having the ability to pull from a few Miracle Worker powers is a nice kick to it that we didn't get with the first one.

The Excelsior also gives me some options I didn't have with the Resolute. Namely that extra console slot and the Miracle Worker powers. Not sure what to think about having Pilot abilities on an Excelsior but that's a free alternative set of abilities to draw from, so no complaints from me on that. Also the biggest thing for me is the fact that I'm not locked to 3 engineering seats like I was on the Resolute. That was an annoying little hamstring of the ship for how I like to build.

Ambassador being intel primary and temporal secondary is interesting in my book and a completely different beast than the original. So fun experiments lay ahead for that one. As for the B'rel I have plans for a nice cannons tank. Or maybe an all turrets or single cannons build just to make some fleetmates cringe cause reasons.

For what I want to do, these things are excellent.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    No
    No.

The pack does not represent a good value for me, there is too much bloat in the pack inflating the cost.

Also the specific ships do not interest me outside of the Excelsior, but I cannot buy that individually. Including an account wide Klingon D7 would have made it a different story, but these ships do not appeal to me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    No
    Kind of funny to see no more ads on the latest pack. A legendary disaster for sure and perhaps ashamed to even put a word on it on the day of launch.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    No

Predictable.

edited February 2021
    No
    Kind of funny to see no more ads on the latest pack. A legendary disaster for sure and perhaps ashamed to even put a word on it on the day of launch.

That's because the foundation for sales has been set:

zen-charge-bonus, 20% off, 50% lobi-sale, three things that help people rationalize the purchase by currently getting more Zen, a slight but still significant discount, and a guaranteed lobi-ship plus the ever-so-slight chance of winning a gambleship. The T6-coupons are basically there for good measure.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    No

It's early yet but I haven't seen any in-game so far. Cryptic emailed me two identical ads two minutes apart trying to get me to buy the bundle but that was a hard no for me.

I charged 100 bucks and got the Recon Destroyer bundle, Vor'ral, DS9 Bundle (for the Belfast interior + bajoran weapons), and the Bajoran Militia uniform (thinking about making a bajoran character and using the Interceptor for a change). Still have enough zen left over to buy another ship during the sale, but I can't think of any others I'd use. The Resolute might be nice for a reasonably priced Excelsior, but I can't see myself ever actually using it. Think I might just hold onto the zen as a downpayment on eventually getting the Legendary T'liss.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    No
    The price for those things are always bloated way beyond what I can afford, and I doubt this one will be any different.
    No
    The Resolute might be nice for a reasonably priced Excelsior, but I can't see myself ever actually using it.

Thanks to a lot of good consoles nowadays being universal ones, the Resolute can be somewhat decent now if you don't chase any kind of DPS-League-achievements.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    No

It's early yet but I haven't seen any in-game so far. Cryptic emailed me two identical ads two minutes apart trying to get me to buy the bundle but that was a hard no for me.

I charged 100 bucks and got the Recon Destroyer bundle, Vor'ral, DS9 Bundle (for the Belfast interior + bajoran weapons), and the Bajoran Militia uniform (thinking about making a bajoran character and using the Interceptor for a change). Still have enough zen left over to buy another ship during the sale, but I can't think of any others I'd use. The Resolute might be nice for a reasonably priced Excelsior, but I can't see myself ever actually using it. Think I might just hold onto the zen as a downpayment on eventually getting the Legendary T'liss.

I'm usually not into "space barbie" but that Bajoran uniform I do like, it was a free offer long ago, & it is quite sharp with the attention to detail with the pattern.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Yes
    Not a great deal, especially compared to last years Legendary Bundle. I still ended up buying it though as I'm a huge Excelsior fan and a fan of the B'rel and Vor'cha as well.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • williamknight50williamknight50 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    I am in the minority on this. Before I go into why I purchased this I just want to say that I completely understand that for many people this is a no go for them due to the price/ship selection/stuff they did not want and the age old fix the bugs before I spend money stance.

I purchased it because to "me" there is value. The Zen sale also helped on top of the 20% off. The Ships are nice (Not going to argue traits and some recycled ones) The upgrade tokens are useful to me and I don't have to buy them separately. The 6 ship slots are meh it would be better if I could split them among different characters. I will find a use for the tech upgrades, sell what I get out of the Infinity boxes for the keys and the same with the R&D packs. The Lobi is great and with the 50% off sale that's another ship or consoles or something else. Finally the t6 coupons, I am sure I will pick out something I want or (The boxes say tradeable we will see ) sell them. Again that's my reasoning for why. (It almost sounds like I am talking myself into it lol)
    Original name before the merge Ice_Knight. Join Date 7/29/08
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    I am in the minority on this. Before I go into why I purchased this I just want to say that I completely understand that for many people this is a no go for them due to the price/ship selection/stuff they did not want and the age old fix the bugs before I spend money stance.
    Same here. I totally get the frustration from people. Last year, the bundle was 10 ships, and most of them were promo or lock box ships. This year it's only 4 for about the same price. I happen to be a huge fan of the ships in the 2021 pack. But if it was a 4 pack of ships I didn't care about, say the Nova, Ha'apax or some other ships I literally don't think about, I probably wouldn't even consider buying it.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,714 Community Moderator
    Yes
    mattingly1 wrote: »

Predictable.

if you say so. not exactly a secret I play as a tank as I've mentioned it many times on the forum and elsewhere. for the folks getting it, I hope they enjoy it. For those that don't get it, I hope in time they get a bundle they like.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.