test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Week of Admiralty Bonus

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11484233

Starting this Thursday, we’re launching the Admiralty Bonus event! From February 18th at 8am PT (17:00 CET) to February 25th at 10am PT (19:00 CET), your Admiralty missions will give out bonus rewards! During this special event, you’ll find that all of your assignments give out double Campaign XP, allowing for faster progression, no matter who’s missions you’re completing. Get in good with the Ferengi, serve the Federation or the Klingon Empire, or help rebuild the Romulan Republic. In addition, all Tour of Duty missions will award bonus Dilithium Ore during this event!

We hope you enjoy this special event, Captains. Command your fleet to take to the stars!

Most welcomed & appreciated, thanks Cryptic.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Cool. I've got a pretty big admiralty farm, so hitting those campaign missions during these events will be nice :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    I never understand the point of this event with the low cap on daily admiralty XP. Its not really true that the event allows faster progression no matter the mission due to the XP cap meaning you cannot progress any faster when the event is running. I already hit the cap on mission 2 or 3 before the bonus is applied. So what point is the bonus when it just gets turned to 0XP?
  • Options
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I never understand the point of this event with the low cap on daily admiralty XP. Its not really true that the event allows faster progression no matter the mission due to the XP cap meaning you cannot progress any faster when the event is running. I already hit the cap on mission 2 or 3 before the bonus is applied. So what point is the bonus when it just gets turned to 0XP?

Admiralty actually rewards a decent amount of dilithium, and when you have a farm it's more rewarding than actually playing the missions :p

That being the case, I've decided that I'm only going to play the stuff I want to play for the FUN of it (like episodes I enjoy) and simply use my alt-farm to earn the dilithium I need.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

Admiralty actually rewards a decent amount of dilithium, and when you have a farm it's more rewarding than actually playing the missions :p

That being the case, I've decided that I'm only going to play the stuff I want to play for the FUN of it (like episodes I enjoy) and simply use my alt-farm to earn the dilithium I need.
    Fully agree but what has that got to do with this event? As far as I can see this is a none event that doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

You're right, this event does basically nothing.. at least for characters trying to progress through Admiralty Ranks. The daily caps render this 'event' pointless.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

Fully agree but what has that got to do with this event? As far as I can see this is a none event that doesn't do anything.

During this event all of the 'Tour of Duty' admiralty missions reward like 2k dilithium each. There are 4 of those (Fed, KDF, Rom, Ferengi) and depending on the number of alts you have, it adds up quick.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021

During this event all of the 'Tour of Duty' admiralty missions reward like 2k dilithium each. There are 4 of those (Fed, KDF, Rom, Ferengi) and depending on the number of alts you have, it adds up quick.
    Completely missed that. I kind of have a blind spot for dilithium as its feels pointless to earn with the consent events meaning I am way over the cap every day for doing next to nothing. Due to this I stopped paying any attention to dilithium rewards as its handed out so much now it feels meaningless. Unrefined Dilithium is just something I let stack up in the background and ignore these days. Personally I do not play content anymore for Dilithium or marks anymore. I guess others do which I should have thought about.

You have a valid point which I missed.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I missed this whole cap issue. Don't really do admiralty anymore but am doing it now for new Klingon. It looks like there is a 10,000 point cap for each campaign. OK. Let's say you do one of the gold missions (tour or whatever it's called) Thats around 2,160 CXP. Other missions earn 90 to 720. Let's just average it out at 500. Do you all really do 16+ admiralty missions per day per campaign?? that seems like 64 total missions possible before capping all 4? Is that right??? How many hours are in the day?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I missed this whole cap issue. Don't really do admiralty anymore but am doing it now for new Klingon. It looks like there is a 10,000 point cap for each campaign. OK. Let's say you do one of the gold missions (tour or whatever it's called) Thats around 2,160 CXP. Other missions earn 90 to 720. Let's just average it out at 500. Do you all really do 16+ admiralty missions per day per campaign?? that seems like 64 total missions possible before capping all 4? Is that right??? How many hours are in the day?

I haven't had to level a campaign in awhile (my Gamma recruit? Or was AoY after that...), but I definitely remember maxing out the day's XP on just one run of missions. Crits give more too, don't they?
    (and also, when I was deliberately working on leveling the campaigns, I'd skip 90 pointers and focus just on higher-value ones.)
  • Options
    The rewards listed don't seem to match up with what you get. From what I recall I was seeing 7,000 odd CXP from Tour of Duty and 4000 ish CXP from other missions, I skip the 90 ones. For me with the cap was being hit with 2 or 3 missions a day depending on if I got a good crit or not. I can post more accurate numbers tomorrow.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I never understood the daily cap. When levelling the admiralty campaigns, I usually slot just for the daily bonus in all 4. My wife tended to go 1 at a time, and she was bothered by the ones that seemed to give no compaign XP. Took us forever to find the actual tooltip for the Daily Bonus Reached. That's when I realized it existed.

Now, all that said, last time we tracked it during the Admiralty Bonus Week, it seemed to allow for about double progress before cap kicked in. But we don't know for sure, and didn't track that closely.

Is it possible that only the "normal" Campaign XP counts towards cap and the bonus does not?
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    the cap is raised to 15k or so during the event - it wasn't the first few times the event ran, but cryptic added it after people pointed out still having the cap at 10k kind of made the event...useless at higher levels, since you're already likely to hit it without even clearing out your entire list of completed missions if you can consistently pick up the ToD missions​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Do you all really do 16+ admiralty missions per day per campaign?? that seems like 64 total missions possible before capping all 4? Is that right??? How many hours are in the day?
    Just had a look at my past 15 missions results and the lowest was over 5k with the highest at 8.5k Which means any two missions made me hit the cap.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Do you all really do 16+ admiralty missions per day per campaign?? that seems like 64 total missions possible before capping all 4? Is that right??? How many hours are in the day?
    Just had a look at my past 15 missions results and the lowest was over 5k with the highest at 8.5k Which means any two missions made me hit the cap.

Yeah I looked at it this morning and see that all the missions are giving 2000-5000 cxp. I guess the 90-700 means something else or I guess I don't know. But yeah you can get the 10,000 in one go. I kind of quit admiralty with the nerf a couple years ago or just because I have too much of everything. But a cool reward for this event would simply be removing this cap for a week.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Another way to look at it is, this event is happening during a "recruit" event. Theoretically attracting new players. Who don't have a huge stable of ships. So the extra XP would be useful for them...
  • Options
    Hmm. True
  • Options
    I've never been one to only do the Admiralty for the dilithium but I know others that have an almost assembly-line approach in doing so.

I'd think a good stable of ships & Pass Tokens would be required/beneficial so new players probably would be lacking in those categories.

I've also heard instead of Pass Tokens sometimes using shuttles or smaller ships just to bypass the Admiralty mission to fail it & get it out of the way as quick as possible, but again if a new player you won't have many open mission slots so that will create a choke-point.

Also, if I remember correctly the Admiralty doesn't open it's doors till level 52?
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    IMO this event STILL adds NOTHING to admiralty due to time gates.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...I've also heard instead of Pass Tokens sometimes using shuttles or smaller ships just to bypass the Admiralty mission to fail it & get it out of the way as quick as possible, but again if a new player you won't have many open mission slots so that will create a choke-point...

That's my approach to Admiralty. The rewards for the regular missions just don't do it for me. Look! A box of prisoners or colonists? Crafting materials? Latinum? I'll throw the Tanius at a rich ore assignment just because they're pretty rare and the 1x cards I'll actually try to crit since I use those enough but the things that only really interest me are the Romulan upgrades and the fleet vouchers (soloing a colony has eaten all my refined dilithium for the last three years).

So my goal is to cycle through as many non-ToD assignments as possible to get to the ToDs. Log in, start a bunch of 15-45 minute assignments with small craft expecting to fail and then do other maintenance items, move on to the next character and repeat. Then I can actually play the game for a while doing whatever event thing is going on or work on endeavors. Before I log off I cycle through all my characters again, acknowledge all the failed assignments (although one would be surprised at how many still pass and those colonists boxes still manage to accumulate) and get rid of as many of the long 3-4 hour assignments as each character can using those same small craft that have already finished their maintenance.

It's a strategy that works for me and I typically have two ToDs going when I log off.
  • Options
    fftt wrote: »
    ...I've also heard instead of Pass Tokens sometimes using shuttles or smaller ships just to bypass the Admiralty mission to fail it & get it out of the way as quick as possible, but again if a new player you won't have many open mission slots so that will create a choke-point...

That's my approach to Admiralty. The rewards for the regular missions just don't do it for me. Look! A box of prisoners or colonists? Crafting materials? Latinum? I'll throw the Tanius at a rich ore assignment just because they're pretty rare and the 1x cards I'll actually try to crit since I use those enough but the things that only really interest me are the Romulan upgrades and the fleet vouchers (soloing a colony has eaten all my refined dilithium for the last three years).

So my goal is to cycle through as many non-ToD assignments as possible to get to the ToDs. Log in, start a bunch of 15-45 minute assignments with small craft expecting to fail and then do other maintenance items, move on to the next character and repeat. Then I can actually play the game for a while doing whatever event thing is going on or work on endeavors. Before I log off I cycle through all my characters again, acknowledge all the failed assignments (although one would be surprised at how many still pass and those colonists boxes still manage to accumulate) and get rid of as many of the long 3-4 hour assignments as each character can using those same small craft that have already finished their maintenance.

It's a strategy that works for me and I typically have two ToDs going when I log off.

Thanks for the insight! I'll have to give it a go a couple of times this week.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The Tour of Duty XP Cap, as was stated, is raised to 15k. Only my KDF Recruit, Level 13, does not have got their ToD maxed out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.