test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

As a KDF Captain how can I obtain Star Fleet BOffs?

robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
I have an idea for a new KDF Captain, but it would be great if he can have Boffs from Star Fleet. Is it possible to do and if so what steps do I need to take?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Well, you could get one opposite-faction "exchange officer", from maxing out Marauding/Diplomacy.
  • Options
    pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Edit- Yup. What they said ^^^

You have to reach Tier 4 or max out your Marauding tab in your Duty Officer assignments. Then go to you should be able to buy a Federation BoFF. However, I think you only get one. It’s been a while since I’ve done that.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Play marauding Doff missions until the rank of (4) and you should be able to get 1 starfleet bridge officer.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,028 Community Moderator
    pattonj324 wrote: »

You have to reach Tier 4 or max out your Marauding tab in your Duty Officer assignments. Then go to you should be able to buy a Federation BoFF. However, I think you only get one. It’s been a while since I’ve done that.

You only get one. I have a female Andorian on my main KDF. And the interesting thing is... she doesn't have Fed uniforms. She has access to Klingon uniforms. Gor her in a Mirror Bortasqu top to fit in a bit with my mostly Orion female crew. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,779 Arc User
    By enslaving them through marauding.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    You can get Alien boffs and shape them into Humans. One of them will kill your ship's doctor though.
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The Marauding/Diplomacy BOFF is weird to me, since if you're playing Starfleet and get a KDF BOFF, that BOFF is limited to that faction's uniforms. Kinda like how the Fleet Embassy Romulan BOFF is limited to Romulan Republic uniforms. But a KDF character getting a Starfleet BOFF is also cut off from certain uniforms.

Really weird. Fortunately all of the above can wear the Alliance Uniform.

That said, there's a few other all-faction boffs, including the Kobali mentioned above. But the Heirarchy, Elachi, and Jem'Hadar BOFFs are available from select missions and the Voth from Dyson Rep. Then there's BOFFs from Fleet Holdings that are mostly the same across the board: Krenim, Kentari, Lukari, Romulan, and I think the K-13 T3 Android BOFF.

However, I believe the remaining K-13 BOFFs for KDF players are only TOS-Klingons (Augments).
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

You only get one. I have a female Andorian on my main KDF. And the interesting thing is... she doesn't have Fed uniforms. She has access to Klingon uniforms. Gor her in a Mirror Bortasqu top to fit in a bit with my mostly Orion female crew. B)

That's what I was hopping for, the costume options. if that's the case it's kind of pointless for me to pursue this.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

That's what I was hopping for, the costume options. if that's the case it's kind of pointless for me to pursue this.

The Kobali episode-reward BOFF does get the costume options. Though from the people correcting me above, it appears she may be the only one you can get that does.

I'll look into getting the Kobali, but I assume I can't alter her head and give her hair.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Romulans can do it. Specifically, a KDF aligned Rommie can mail Romulan Boffs to a Fed aligned Romulan, and they'll keep their original costume options. Back when LoR released, I had a Fed aligned Reman with horrible luck getting BOFFs. So I created a KDF aligned Romulan to farm them. After mailing a couple over, I noticed that they were wearing Klingon uniforms, and went with it.
This discussion has been closed.