test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red weapons for fashion needed

hunubul1hunubul1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Hey! I wanna do a themed ship. I wanna do something like a battlecruiser from StarCraft, and I know what ship I'll use, I need help with deciding weapons.

I was thinking either antiproton or darker red variant phaser weapons (or simple phaser if I'm going for SC1 aesthetic), cannons/dual cannons and turrets. A bigger problem is the torpedo. I either won't use any, and use an universal console ability as the Yamato gun, or need to find a torpedo that's similar in color. What I need is a big red comet-like projectile coming from the bow (is that how it's called?). The console coming with the ship I want (one of the brotasqu class) would be great, but it's green, because it's disruptor. If there was something like that with red or phaser-like orange, that would be awesome.

If I go antiproton, and use the Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher, that seems fine, and it seems like a perfectly ok build, but it's not a perfect fit. Can anyone suggest something specific that would be cool or have any alternative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Also would like help choosing the best hat.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i did the exact same thing with my arcturus mengsk cosplay - i used withering disruptor turrets to imitate the BC burst lasers and the kentari missile for the nuclear missile launchers that battlecruisers are armed with (even though they don't actually ever use them in the games) and the bortasqu' console for the yamato cannon, even though it's the wrong color...and fires multiple shots as opposed to just one, but there isn't any console that fires a single red blast that i know of - other than the t'varo's destabilized plasma torpedo console, but that's way too slow​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    While they are beam arrays, the Kelvin Phasers could also work as they are red. But you might try some of the Discovery style linked phasers as well as there's a set that is red that comes in both beam and cannon.

As for a Yamato Gun...Not sure but you MIGHT be able to use the console off the Khitomer, although it is Antiproton. Its more of a beam, and might multitarget, but it would be a bit more in line with how the Yamato Gun was rendered in a cutscene at the end of the Terran Campaign then the bolt from actually in game.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I use fleet anti-proton on my Khitomer, they look pretty nice tbh
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    hunubul1 wrote: »
    Hey! I wanna do a themed ship. I wanna do something like a battlecruiser from StarCraft, and I know what ship I'll use, I need help with deciding weapons.

I was thinking either antiproton or darker red variant phaser weapons (or simple phaser if I'm going for SC1 aesthetic), cannons/dual cannons and turrets. A bigger problem is the torpedo. I either won't use any, and use an universal console ability as the Yamato gun, or need to find a torpedo that's similar in color. What I need is a big red comet-like projectile coming from the bow (is that how it's called?). The console coming with the ship I want (one of the brotasqu class) would be great, but it's green, because it's disruptor. If there was something like that with red or phaser-like orange, that would be awesome.

If I go antiproton, and use the Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher, that seems fine, and it seems like a perfectly ok build, but it's not a perfect fit. Can anyone suggest something specific that would be cool or have any alternative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Also would like help choosing the best hat.

If you have the Rom legendary bird of prey it fires the red beach ball of death.

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Targeting-linked and resilience-linked phaser beam arrays would be perfect for a Terran BC imo, basically red versions of the Disco phasers, I use them on my JJPrise cause I think they look better than the actual JJ Phasers the devs made. There are cannons as well but I've never used them so I'm not sure how they look.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.