test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Khitomer Discord - Cannot complete mission

rpenrodrpenrod Member Posts: 9 Arc User
The mission does not proceed to the next step after the final battle. I have tried going to the initial beam in point, logging out of the game and exiting completely, even dropping the mission and completing it until this point again twice. It still only sits on "Head Upstairs" and when J'Mpoks forces are defeated, nothing happens.

Comments

• vainquervainquer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I'm the same but I've gotten past the head upstairs and fought the people in the chambers, everyone has been dealt with kind of. But it still says apprehend J'Ula and I can't because she's following me around as an ally, so I looked up a video of the mission and she's supposed to say something after everyone had been dealt with in the attack. The problem is, she's not speaking to me at all plus the reinforcements haven't appeared because she hasn't spoken either. I've already exited the game and came back again. Which pretty much forced me to do the mission completely again but still stuck me at the same point, now I can't really do anything at all.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,858 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I had the same bug happen to me last night while still trying to complete two accolades for this mission one involving the door code and the other saving all the survivors from the Mycelial Rift. Will try again tonight or some other time.

Edit: Based on the responses I am not going to try it again until it is fixed. The sad thing is that if you want to get progress for the anniversary ship you cannot complete this mission to get 2 progress for that.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • othas3othas3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I encountered this bug last night (1/26 - 20:00 PT). I have played the episode under a different character, so I know how it is supposed to end. When I played last night, after leaving the tunnels and vanquishing J'mpok's forces....nothing! I ran around the hall and back through the downstairs, but nothing happened. I viewed a walkthrough on YT and saw that a secondary force was supposed to materialize, but nothing. The progress tracker stayed on 'head upstairs'. I hope this helps resolve the issue.
  • joel1974joel1974 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I've also had this problem. I tried resetting the mission and doing again. Still doesn't allow me to complete it.
  • torchwood1968torchwood1968 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Me as well, i freaking swear
  • aibohphobia#3313 aibohphobia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've tried it abandoning the mission 4 times already. Not getting that dialog
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    The bug seems to be that the "Apprehend J'Ula" objective should complete when you complete "Head Upstairs". It does not, so there is no next objective listed to trigger the remainder of the mission.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/l6jfxb/khitomer_discord_mission_bugged_possible_spoiler/

I don't see any mention of it in today's patch notes, but I plan to try again after the servers are back up to see if maybe a restart shakes something loose.
  • lleutenantdanlleutenantdan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I also ran into this issue today. It is still occurring. Screenshot below is how the mission status appears when reaching the upstairs, and after defeating all forces in the main floor area of the Alliance HQ.

2BbLvN5.png

Please also note that there is no green circle on the map showing the player where to go:

tbote42.png
  • granpassogranpasso Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here. I've tried to drop the mission 4 times and restart it, even after server maintanance. I hope on a fix in the near future
  • defnestor#9388 defnestor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am also having the same problem with broken quest pathing. Please fix.
  • captuntouchablecaptuntouchable Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well at least it's not just me! Same issue here as well, waited on the server maintenance to see if that made a difference but no dice. Glad it's a bug though, and not just me being old and missing/forgetting something super obvious from the last time I ran the mission...
  • machine5#5794 machine5 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I encountered the same issue.
    Highly illogical. ;)
  • vainquervainquer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Worst part is, about not getting this thing to finish. I really want those cool dual laser mackelth things and now I can't have them because I'm stuck, maybe I should try with a new character but that won't give them to the one I wanted to have them.
  • aibohphobia#3313 aibohphobia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Tried again on FED and KDF toons, still stuck.
  • kedranikedrani Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'm having the exact same issue. Also stuck upstairs. Captain Ja'rod never shows up.
  • gevergintergeverginter Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2021
    Same as me here stuck on Head Upstair and fight all enemies but nothing to do after that?? did try remission 5th times so give up waiting for the serve to repair this DAMN BUG quest...
  • omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    My main Fed toon has been stuck on this mission since it came out! My KDF and Rom toons made it through no prob, but my Fed is still stuck there! I tweeted as Kael, hoping maybe he can solve it.
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
  • torchwood1968torchwood1968 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Tried again today. Samething...
  • synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I had opened a ticket on this matter yesterday and was told it is a bug with no fix as of yet. Was told to post here to help speed things up. the apprehend part is to be completed at the top of stairs if you reach that point and it does not complete then there is no point going forward. i have dropped and ran and re dropped mission bout 10 times even with a restart of the game. hope they fix this soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erstwhile63erstwhile63 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As someone has already said, glad I'm not alone on this. I've actually watched 3 youtube videos from 2020 by people that have completed this mission and there was absolutely no difference in how they played it compared to me. Also sent the bug trouble ticket into support and got the same generic reply about it being fixed at a future date. Really a time-consuming mission to be thwarted so close to the end!
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    So here's something that makes no sense talking with my fleet while on my new recruit about how bad Bat'leths are and someone suggested running this mission to get em. Ran it, worked fine did the whole mission got my nanopulse mak'leths

But I have a melee focused Ferasan so I hopped over to play it on her.. and ran right into this problem, cleared out all the attackers anyway but Jmpok never spawns, beamed up and when you come back down its restarts everything on the ground.. so did it all again.. same problem

beamed out, abandoned the mission, took it again did the space combat and beamed down into the fight at the part where J'Ula isn't calling her reinforcements.. it literally skipped all the ground stuff and went straight into that combat, unfortunately it was still stuck so I went downstairs and when I got to J'Ulas 'locked' door I got the cut scene even tho it was open.. and yeah still didnt work but how's that for a bug..

All in all makes no sense.. ran it perfectly fine on my recruit, can't run it at all on my ferasan. Also I did it about a week ago on my main no issue either.

If this wasn't the only way to get the dual mak'leths I wouldn't care.. but that weapon is friggin good for melee combat..
  • bloomoombabloomoomba Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Toss my name into the pile of bugged characters trying to do this for the 2 points of daily credit. Like others, my Fed captain (Alien Femal, lv65; Anjelika Starblade) does the stuff up through the "Head Upstairs" objective, which goes green but the 'capture' heading never does, so I'm stuck with it not prompting more comments and all that; basically lleutenantdan's images (except my away team's Engi/Engi/Tac/Sci, so I've got some turrets/shield gens on my zone map), but most importantly, the quest log is the same.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    Same. With my Federation char. Tried it twice. Then had no patience or energy left. Wish I saw that thread earlier.
  • gevergintergeverginter Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @geverginter said:
    > Same as me here stuck on Head Upstair and fight all enemies but nothing to do after that?? did try remission 5th times so give up waiting for the serve to repair this DAMN BUG quest... COME and ANSWER from server??
  • legolas5974#7552 legolas5974 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    blasted mission doesn't progress after the head upstairs objective completes noting happens can kill all the hostiles but then i am in an empty room with no objective marker on where i need to go
  • rstigerforcerstigerforce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    THE KHITOMER DISCORD - CANNOT COMPLETE MISSION
    I experienced the same bug problem here, as others have reported.
    The mission does not complete after final battle.

Any workaround or info of a fix?
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    This is a problem for me as well. Have tried it on several of my alts and no luck.
  • evgeniykevgeniyk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same
    HKoLb-T5MDUGbo800v_1_saeci88wb_iRuROBhH6rUt8cvI_DLFc34jyOgcbFuJXivWiMkmOnXTaCT-7n40cOw%3D%3D?uid=0&filename=Screenshot%202021-01-28%20210110.jpg&disposition=inline&hash=&limit=0&content_type=image%2Fjpeg&owner_uid=0&tknv=v2&size=1920x976

• meadowvale#0505 meadowvale Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I had the same bug happen to me last night while still trying to complete two accolades for this mission one involving the door code and the other saving all the survivors from the Mycelial Rift. Will try again tonight or some other time.

Edit: Based on the responses I am not going to try it again until it is fixed. The sad thing is that if you want to get progress for the anniversary ship you cannot complete this mission to get 2 progress for that.

According to STO Gamepedia (https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_The_Khitomer_Discord) the survivors accolade is bugged as you can still only rescue 14/15.
    I also have the same quest problem, stuck at completing "head upstairs"
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I'm also suffering from this bug. I've tried it twice and I get to the big battle clearing the hall and then it doesn't advance after I take down everyone.