test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes for 1/12/21

2»

Comments

• westerner222#5940 westerner222 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Do I need to reinstall the game for a rollback?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Do I need to reinstall the game for a rollback?

No.

The rollback is server side.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Thank you.
    Still unable to log in. Game dumps on the first screen back to the console main screen.
    Up and running. Thank you.
  • nye#8522 nye Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    It's working again, no update but working. Thanks guys. Keep on coding we will be patient ( will try anyway lol)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,463 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    eazzie wrote: »
    Things don't happen at a click of the fingers. Things take time, and they have to take in to account access by Microsoft too. I'm sure the guys at Cryptic never predicted this to happen. Some times things happen beyond their control. It's called life.
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Also, before anyone chimes in to say "If they tested this, we wouldnt be having issues" I can tell you one thing from my almost two decades of experience working in ICT.

You can test something multiple times and the system/patch/update is completely fine. But sometimes when you push it live unexplainable variables, differences in testing & live systems and just updates to files can cause massive issues.

Also, as much as possible. In a game like this, it is basically highly improbable to impossible to have a test environment that is basically a 100% carbon copy of a live service.

Stop making excuses for them. This isn't about the code or development - it's about the deployment - which failed spectacularly. And in case you missed it, the update worked fine on PS4. My current job is global software delivery for an international company with over 100000 employees. If I deployed an application update that breaks that software for 50% of the company, I'd be looking for a new job. I'm not saying that anyone should be fired over this, but it is extremely incompetent and unprofessional to have a delivery that's been planned and scheduled months in advance break the game on XBox and then have to roll back the update. Couching that in the "TRIBBLE happens" category isn't acceptable by any standard.

And I still can't play the game currently. Nor have they offered any revised estimate on when we might expect to see this update on XBox that so many of us have been patiently waiting for. It's ridiculous and unacceptable.

These are possible reasons not excuses.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • gerardnowlangerardnowlan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The game on xBox is working today but there is still no Widening Gyre event. Will XBox players still get a chance to have enough time to complete it before the fix?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    The game on xBox is working today but there is still no Widening Gyre event. Will XBox players still get a chance to have enough time to complete it before the fix?

There is NO Widening Gyre event because thhe patch was rolled back as if it never happened. It will be released at some point but for now be grateful you can play
  • mournblade#1863 mournblade Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    To ask the obvious question here, can we please get a concrete update letting us know when you guys will actually and successfully get this update we've all been waiting for on XBox?
    To ask the obvious question here, can we please get a concrete update letting us know when you guys will actually and successfully get this update we've all been waiting for on XBox?

@eazzie That didn't really answer my question, but thanks for posting the link.

There is NO Widening Gyre event because thhe patch was rolled back as if it never happened. It will be released at some point but for now be grateful you can play

Thank you. However; my question was not asking why the event is not live. It was asking if xBox players would get the same amount of time or at least enough time to complete the event when it goes live.

Cryptic answered my question later in the day. Once the event goes live there will still be thirty days to complete it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483043-thank-you,-xbox-community

edited January 2021

Thank you. However; my question was not asking why the event is not live. It was asking if xBox players would get the same amount of time or at least enough time to complete the event when it goes live.

Cryptic answered my question later in the day. Once the event goes live there will still be thirty days to complete it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483043-thank-you,-xbox-community

Patch notes will be (I guess) the same as 12th for Xbox
    Appreciate the update. Hopefully it goes smoother tomorrow than it did on Tuesday.

Patch notes will be (I guess) the same as 12th for Xbox
    [/quote]

Thank you for the post.
  • nye#8522 nye Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Thanks guys! Looking forward to it! :)
    odd how all the updates where via tweet vice the forums. again, thanks to eazzie for this, but i saw no posts from the team on the forums. and no, im not on xbox, but the disservice afforded to the forums is becoming very clear they dislike their own forums.

That does seem to look that way. Yes. Thank you eazzie for keeping us XBox players updated. I have not used twitter for years as I find that there is too much nonsense on it. That means I was looking back to this thread to stay updated.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    odd how all the updates where via tweet vice the forums. again, thanks to eazzie for this, but i saw no posts from the team on the forums. and no, im not on xbox, but the disservice afforded to the forums is becoming very clear they dislike their own forums.

They probably think no one even reads them anymore. So pretty much they are looking at that dilithium exchange rate and updating their resumes.
This discussion has been closed.