test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game keeps crashing, constantly, started yesterday AM 12/27

It seemed to resolve later in the day, but has started again this morning. This is VERY tedious. I have shut off on demand patching, went in in safe mode, updated video drivers, used force-verify, and am not using a proxy. Even uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am at a loss and getting really annoyed at this point.

Comments

• tehibristehibris Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Are the symptoms anything like we're reporting here?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13640936
  • acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    they are, I reinstalled with Arc instead of Steam, it worked for two days, now this AM having the same issues.
  • baxslash001baxslash001 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Today has been the worse, was trying to do my Endeavours, and I'd crash nearly every 10 to 15 seconds after character launch, waited a couple hours to try again, but, it restarted almost immediately again. I don't expect any help from the so called experts of Cryptic, as they are nothing but 4th to 5th rate programmers who can't even do any bug fixing, as there has been a massive technical bug roll, from day one of game launch that has never been fixed. This is mainly due to the fact the game engine has needed a major game engine overhaul and upgrade since cryptic used the same engine for City Of Heroes/Villians, but, haven't cared to do any actual work on it, as the upper management are far more concerned about stealing the cash for their precious bonuses.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I've had this problem since the "Q's Winter Wonderland" update in mid December. My game would crash in 1 of 2 ways:
    -The game will randomly shut down on its own with no warning
    -The game will freeze for 1 second, then close on its own with a Crash Incident Report.
    They crash on a very random and unpredictable frequency.
  • joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have been having some bloody issues for a week now and just happened twice and I checked my system and checked my speed and spoke to my provider and everything checks out so if logic is applied it is on the server and not me.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    joeybehr52 wrote: »
    I have been having some bloody issues for a week now and just happened twice and I checked my system and checked my speed and spoke to my provider and everything checks out so if logic is applied it is on the server and not me.

I think our 2 problems are completely unrelated. Are you talking about disconnects? I'm talking about the game (on my end) just freezing up and exiting by itself; no returning back to the login page, just straight up shutting off the game.
  • joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    joeybehr52 wrote: »

I think our 2 problems are completely unrelated. Are you talking about disconnects? I'm talking about the game (on my end) just freezing up and exiting by itself; no returning back to the login page, just straight up shutting off the game.

that is the same issue you are talking about. It freezes and then disconnects me.

• kie2011kie2011 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Your lucky I had to reinstall and since then my launcher keeps crashing and repatching constantly