test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove the azure endeavors from rotation until the azure tfo is fixed

captiannemo117captiannemo117 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
Got the "Rescue seven ships in the azure nebula" endeavor again. Guess what? Only 5 ships spawned the whole time. Since the devs seem to be incapable of fixing the tfo, all azure endeavors should be removed from rotation.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I thought it was total. First one 5 ships a second run 5 more ships. That is ten, so in two runs you should complete the task. Maybe I read it wrong, do not recall anything about it being in one run.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Had a broken azure run where after on round of ship, plus severe lag issues added, no other ship spawns occured at all. I agree that this tfo needs serious hamster maintenance.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    Other than a lazy team just out to get the endeavor i had not difficulties on the Azure nebula Advanced i played earlier this evening.

That and the RNG only throwing in low numbers for spawned ships.

Which difficulty did you play said TFO?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    I ran it earlier and had sever lag issues and no ships spawned at all, yet couple days ago it ran just fine so there is something buggy with it, just doesn't happen all the time. the pain is the lever penalty because of the bug.
  • Options
    wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I just ran it. Two zones had Tholians but no ship to rescue. We only got 4 ships total to rescue, all the others never appeared to be released.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    It's not that just the ships are not spawning after 5 spawns but the lag in that map is beyond crazy. I agree that map should be taken off any rotation and randoms until it is fixed. What a pain.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I have found something rather strange,
    I have done Azure with and without it being part of the Endeavor.
    When its the Endeavor practically nothing spawns.
    When it isnt, I normally get like 15 plus ships, not all by myself LOL.
    So what is in the Endeavor that is causing the number of ships that spawn to drop?
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Yes, wherever that TFO is housed (oldest server you have?) it can't handle the strain! Super-lag and it just stops spawning ships! And this isn't a new problem! It does this every time its the Universal Endeavor. I had to do it 2x to get 7 ships rescued. And thanks for the Leaver Penalty for leaving a broken TFO that couldn't spawn 2 more ships, btw.

Just remove this TFO from the Universal Endeavor list.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    ran it just now and was able to complete the endeavor in one run. no issues at all. was on adv if that matters.

People say it runs fine when there's not alot of people doing it. I did it at 11am-noon and it was awful! By the time you did it, it was probably not as many people trying to do it.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    duasyn wrote: »
    I did it at 11am-noon and it was awful!

Which timezone?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    At least ships spawned for you. In my case there was horrible lag and while the ship signs were there, the ships themselves were n't so you could literally free 0 ships lol
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    I had similar issues. After the initial set, only two spawn points worked, and the lag was a major pain. Note that I only had lag there; I went through "Infected: The Conduit" and the entirety of the Nimbus arc with few if any problems.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    This doesn't happen normally.

It's only happening because a lot of players are suddenly playing it. I'm also experiencing severe rubberbanding, but only in that mission.

I play the mission all the time and it never happens that no new ships spawn at all. It's just because of the endeavour, it doesn't have much to do with the mission itself which worked fine even just yesterday morning, before the endeavour was set to the current one.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The 10 points worth only doesn't get done when the game refuses to spawn anything but low level ships. As with the spawn points not working its been in since the start and will likely never get fixed.
  • Options
    The 10 points worth only doesn't get done when the game refuses to spawn anything but low level ships. As with the spawn points not working its been in since the start and will likely never get fixed.

There's a difference between something that's not working as it should and an optional that may be challenging.

Even with only T'liss'es, you can get the optionals. And it rarely happens that not even a Dhelan spawns when the mission is working as it should.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    How much more does the bonus give anyway?
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »

There's a difference between something that's not working as it should and an optional that may be challenging.

Even with only T'liss'es, you can get the optionals. And it rarely happens that not even a Dhelan spawns when the mission is working as it should.

Wrong on that optional part. If you get nothing but T'liss and you have the respawns times JUST right so you can get 2 respawns in ALL zones in that optional time window, you will STILL fail. Not only that, but you can ONLY set that up for ONE of the optional time frame so you better hope the other one spawns at least 10 points in one respawn. Realistically, having a team that can time it so you get 2 full respawns is just not gonna happen...AND releasing less ships to wait to time the respawns might actually net you LESS marks than the optional based on what ships spawn so it becomes a gamble on what is the better option. So...yeah no, this queue is utterly and completely borked even from a design stand point.

Hm, I recalculated and you are right. If you only get T'liss'es, you can't make it.

Still, out of the hundreds of times I've played the mission, that happened maybe once or twice.

The optionals are more likely to fail because of the ghost ship issue where, after warping out, a ship will just wait at a base again until someone flies near it again. That's the only issue that causes the optionals to be lost often. While the low point spawns can in theory be a serious limitation, in practice it doesn't play that big a role in my experience.

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I did this yesterday, or tried to. The lag was insane at the initial engagements. We had Tholians at every asteroid to start with, but only 1 ship, which was the only asteroid to work properly the whole run.

I've seen it bug out before, but never like this.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I did Azure last night on Advanced. No lagging that I saw but the respawn was ridiculous. Two red optionals. Brutal getting to six of seven. I thought it was going to end without completing the Endeavor. Then someone must have run into a spawn on the other side of the map. It went to seven and the TFO ended simultaneously. Got 73 Marks, including the 55 Daily.

I played this in my FT6X Titan. I get to a spawn point, throw a Mega Grav Well and let TS III auto and other players finish off the Tholians while I released Tractors. I don't remember any spoiling return fire.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I just ran it.. not the greatest experience. We did barely make the universal, we got 7 total spawns before everything just stopped spawning. It was super laggy and overall just not a great experience.

I have to agree with the OP, this queue should be removed from the Endeavor system, this is not the type of Content that Cryptic should want to feature. It’s laggy and either barely works, or just doesn’t work at all.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.