test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How can I launch STO without the launcher?

miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
I've recently had to get a new hard drive, and well that meant re-downloading all my games. I been playing since 2012 so all I would have to do was click the shortcut and it would take me to the little client with the ENGAGE button.
Well after re-downloading the whole thing, now it's got this awful, just awful launcher I have to deal with that I would really rather not deal with at all. Is there a way to get back to launching STO without this new launcher?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    I have no idea where to find that.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    miirik wrote: »
    I've recently had to get a new hard drive, and well that meant re-downloading all my games. I been playing since 2012 so all I would have to do was click the shortcut and it would take me to the little client with the ENGAGE button.
    Well after re-downloading the whole thing, now it's got this awful, just awful launcher I have to deal with that I would really rather not deal with at all. Is there a way to get back to launching STO without this new launcher?

I am not sure what 'launcher' you are referring to, but I suspect you installed through Arc or Steam.

You will always see the main game launcher no matter how you launch the game, the main launcher looks like this -

KMU9uki.png

To launch this directly without using Steam, Arc, Epic or any other launcher just search your PC for the file Star Trek Online.exe and create a shortcut to that file. You can then run that directly to bypass any overlay you used to install the game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Also, if you have the old DVD case, you can toss it around as much as you like!... ahhh, without arc or steam?, @seaofsorrows got you covered!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I just press Win-R for Run, and up-arrow until I see "C:\Games\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe"
    then I press Enter.
    For me, that launches the game directly with no muss and no fuss.
    Now, the only reason I can up-arrow to see that is because I used the Browse option to find the executable the first time. After you have done that once, you're golden.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    I run through Steam generally. But honestly I have no problem with going through Steam as I got a desktop icon through Steam that goes to the game's launcher. I don't have to deal with any interface between me and that. Only reason I have Arc is for promo codes and buying zen. Other than that... Arc is off by default.

As others have mentioned there are ways to just go straight to the .exe file, but all roads lead through the STO launcher.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Only reason I have Arc is for promo codes and buying zen.

Don't even need ARC for those. The website sells Zen and I use www.arcgames.com/en/redeem/ for promo codes.

• Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Only reason I have Arc is for promo codes and buying zen.

Don't even need ARC for those. The website sells Zen and I use www.arcgames.com/en/redeem/ for promo codes.

The only reason I had Arc on my system was because of the Arc Quests which would reward you with free Zen. However; they removed them back in March of 2018.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10819944-arc-quests-pc-improvements-on-the-horizon

Yeah, right! Improvements my behind. :)

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    duasyn wrote: »

Maybe, but its a bit more convenient for me since I have the icon on my desktop.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.