Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 12/3/20

2»

Comments

• Options
    thestunningmask#0685 thestunningmask Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    guys.. they change the size of a pistol. 5.5 hous is absolutly ok for this important patch! ;)

Phase Pistol Shrinkage. A troubling issue for over several dozen men and women alike. When will the madness end???

The next new FDA-Approved drug by prescription only that allows one to regain their self-esteem AND the size of their Phase Pistol is part of the patch. Side Effect: Smelling like a Tellerite, nausea, and occasional feelings of animation.
    LLAP
    The Stunning Mask
    Become a LTS!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    1.) Why is it that Cryptic announced this notice less than 12 hours notice from the maintainence's start time? Very poor etiquitte of Cryptic!
    Its always been like this. They always post the patch notes a day before. Its not poor etiquitte, its normal. I don't see a problem. What are they supposed to do? Post it a week before?
    2.) "Updated the binding, selling, and value rules on a number of pieces of "starter equipment" so that they all are Bind-on-Pickup, No Value, but may be sold or discarded freely."

Why would Cryptic do this, removing the ability to salvage those equipments? The old version is that I can salvage those to get raw materials and salvage parts. How can it be sold freely when it's "Bind-on-pickup" (it is my understanding that it tied to your character).

I'm thinking it means you can sell them to a vendor. There's some gear from some ships that don't show up in the sell menu, forcing you to right click-discard if you don't want them.
    That's my interpretation anyways. They're making it so that all stock gear on a ship can be sold to a vendor.
    And what you said about salvage could be why they're changing it too. A free source of salvage someone can exploit? While not as bad as just giving away Dilithium or ECs, that's still a resource you can basically farm with little to no effort. Just claim ship, strip gear, ditch ship, and mass salvage the gear. Rinse and repeat. Got all the salvage you'll ever need for rerolling those modifiers. All you need now is Dilithium.
    So yea... Devil's Advocate for a moment here, but that is kind of exploitable to have on demand salvage.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    You can make the phase pistol the size of a bazooka for all I care. But, it would be nice to change my BOFF uniforms again. I'm not trying to change their species. Maybe you could fit that into your marathon maintenance.

WOW!!! I thought this was just happening to MY ACCOUNT. I keep getting the design reject with the message I am not able to change the species.

5.5 hours is nothing considering the use that is going to begin as the holiday/winter/weekend events begin. But.....ummmmmm........how about y'all take an EXTRA HOUR so we can change the uniforms of our BOFFs NOT their species indeed!
    LLAP
    The Stunning Mask
    Become a LTS!

I remember seeing a post with a workaround for it, I think it was something like moving the affected officer to your away team, logging out, logging back in, and then modifying the uniform, but I could be wrong. Can't find the thread anymore either, saw it a month or so ago when I was about to create a bug thread for it after it happened to me.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    You can make the phase pistol the size of a bazooka for all I care. But, it would be nice to change my BOFF uniforms again. I'm not trying to change their species. Maybe you could fit that into your marathon maintenance.
    Yes, change BOFF uniforms again!!!!! Pleeeeeese

• Options

WOW!!! I thought this was just happening to MY ACCOUNT. I keep getting the design reject with the message I am not able to change the species.

5.5 hours is nothing considering the use that is going to begin as the holiday/winter/weekend events begin. But.....ummmmmm........how about y'all take an EXTRA HOUR so we can change the uniforms of our BOFFs NOT their species indeed!
    LLAP
    The Stunning Mask
    Become a LTS!

I remember seeing a post with a workaround for it, I think it was something like moving the affected officer to your away team, logging out, logging back in, and then modifying the uniform, but I could be wrong. Can't find the thread anymore either, saw it a month or so ago when I was about to create a bug thread for it after it happened to me.

Hey thanks so much! I will try that but I must say it is happening on more than a few and am hoping it might resolve itself soon before I have to fly my T6 whatever up to Cryptic's place, send my LTS android Mr. Dataorlore out to have a chat with the big boss man!
    OR......sit here and be grateful for a free game in 2020. I wonder if I could have my cake and eat it too?!?!
  • Options
    Yes, change BOFF uniforms again!!!!! Pleeeeeese

Spot on, Friend!!!! If I want my ultra-tough Tactical Klingon BOFF to wear a SKANT.........darn it.........lemme dress him in a skant please and NOT try to "change species".
    Thank you for your post!
    LLAP
This discussion has been closed.